XXII

IN TIME 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber’s POV

I still couldn’t believe what I just found out...I was too happy I can finally have time with Krys....alone...but when I received my brother’s message with his Soojung’s digits for my watch, it’s like everything I did was all a big mistake...everything I felt in the first place is so wrong...I kept on looking at my phone, checking if I just misread it but my call log says it all....Soojung’s number that my brother sent belongs to my Soojung...I can’t believe we were talking of the same person all along...

God knows how much I held it in...how much I wanted to hold her hand...how much I wanted to respond to that kiss and tell her to just forget about the guy....choose me over him...but not when I know that guy is my brother...I just can’t ignore the fact that she’s the girl my brother loves...and he’s the guy she’s been waiting for years...I don’t know anything about their past or whatever but I know how my brother vows to even marry her...god I’m so stupid!...why didn’t I get that the moment I knew about her Korean name...I could still feel her soft lips against mine and it makes me feel so guilty...if only I knew everything I wouldn’t have entered the picture...but if he really is the guy who left her I don’t understand why....I mean she’s worth loving and I don’t see any reason for him to do that...my heart tells me to pursue her and just be selfish but I can’t do that to my brother...I saw his car already parked infront of our house...I took a deep breath before I opened the door and found him waiting for me...,*hyung I’m sorry*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“by the way how did you meet Soojung?”

“and why do you suddenly wanna know?”

“I----I just want to...”

“well actually my cousin Yul you know him right?...he’s your school president’s husband...it was few years ago when he invited me to a night out on a bar with his girlfriend whom happened to be Soojung’s older sister ...they brought her with us but of all the girls I’ve met she’s the most dense one...she never gave me not even a glance and she looked so distant....cold...but she’s so beautiful...I tried talking to her but she never answered but kept on drinking...until she can’t manage herself anymore.... and that’s when I had a better look of her...her eyes were full of sadness...sadness that I suddenly wanted to take away....I wondered where it came from so I asked Yul...I liked her the very first time I saw her and I promised myself I’ll help her get over with whatever it is that makes her sad....I wouldn’t love anybody but her...Yul had to take care of his girlfriend that time and I volunteered to drive them home...I carried her since she was so drunk...she kept on mumbling a name...I couldn’t remember but I think it’s the guy’s name....”

“guy?” I interrupted *okay?...maybe I’ve missed some details*

“her first love....”

“you’re not the guy?!” *geez I shouldn’t feel excited* “uhh I mean so there’s a guy before you”

“yeah...and according to Yul she’s still holding on to him...and it makes me envy him for even if he’s gone Soojung never let go of his memories...and that very thing challenged me even more to help her get over it...”

“why? where did the guy go?”

“he died....” I heard him sighed... “I really wanted to know her more...but what I didn’t know is that....they left few days after I’ve met her...I never got the chance...I don’t even know if she knew I existed one night in her life...I learned from Yul that she flew back to Korea with her sister...I wanted to go after her but I was still on my last year in college...I finished school and got a good job...but I got tied on my work that even years have passed I still wasn’t able to see her...the very reason you never saw me dated even once...and it seemed like God have finally granted my prayers....you wanted to transfer here...I had a chance to meet her again and introduce myself properly....I’ll make her learn to love me” *hyung I love her too...*

“oh okay...hyung I feel sleepy already...goodnight” I smiled at him and went straight to my roo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter