XXIII

IN TIME 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber’s POV

I felt a sting in my heart looking at the two walking away....I wiped the tears welling up my eyes...why does it have to be this painful when I’m just doing the right thing...she have no idea how much I’ve missed her...that during my classes I could not think of anything but her...I just can’t raise any of my limits anymore...I have to do this for my brother...I don’t care if she’ll hate me for this I just have to keep my distance from her...I know it wasn’t a good idea when she asked me for detention since my brother informed me earlier he’ll pick me up after class...it’s unusual of him to do that but I knew right then why when I saw her...and to be with them together is the least I wanted to happen right now. I went out from the corner where I was hiding when I was sure they’re gone...

I walked down the hallway and heard someone playing the piano...and it kinda helped ease what I’m feeling right now...I peeked on the music room and saw a familiar girl playing, her back facing me...I entered the room carefully without her noticing...I just stood few steps from her watching her playing...I didn’t know she could play them so well...it didn’t take long until she finally realized she’s not alone anymore...Suzy’s smile automatically brightened her face...

“hey....” I waved my hand “did I disturb you?”

“no??...come here” as she gave me space beside her...

I sat next to her... “why are you still here?”

“cause I need to think”

“think of what?” she then looked at me and shrugged her shoulders..

“and you?...” she asked instead of answering me..

“well your music brought me here...”I leaned on her shoulder and closed my eyes..

“then should I play more for you?”

“hmmmm” and she started playing another song...

After a while she suddenly stopped and nudged me “hey Am...”

“hmmm?”

“come with me” she grabbed my hand and I have no idea what’s on her mind...I just walked obediently since I don’t want to go home yet.

“where are we going?”I asked when got in a cab...

“you’ll see when we get there”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“wait is this....” standing infront of their old house brings back memories of my childhood with her...

“yep...my mom had this on sale  when we moved , wait here“ ---Suzy said and left for a while and came back with a plastic in her hand, she then climbed over the gate..

“wait! What are you doing? What if someone’s inside” I was more afraid to get caught but she laughed it off..

“don’t worry I come here very often...when I miss” she paused “us” she dragged me to the backyard and told me to be silent as she peeked inside the house...”coast clear” she said with a smirk..

“wow!..” I said in a low voice when I saw our tree house where we used to hang out back then. I climbed up after her...we both laughed when we could barely fit on the edge where we sat.

“here...remember?..that would always make you feel better back then..”

“hmmm? then why now?” but took the ice pop and happily took a bite..

“I know you Amber Liu...when you’re happy, mad or if something bothers you...I know it when you’re sad...and I know something’s wrong and incase you’re forgetting something...I’m still here dork” she tilted her head..

I looked at her and smiled... “I know...and thank you for that”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Days passed...I go to school like nothing happened...tell myself I’m okay whenever I see my brother’s car infront of her house, and I never saw her since then...*well since I avoided her*...and I skipped her class...my friends didn’t asked me why cause even before I rarely go to my English class...

I took a sip of my coffee as I waited for Suzy one afternoon at a café near our school. I waved at her when she entered t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter