Chapter nine

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My eyes widened as I stared at the scene in front of me.

There were supernatural beings everywhere, trolls, fairies, giants, sprites, spirits and other weird looking creatures that walked and chatted around in an invisible market of theirs.

Sehun, like me, was staring at the supernatural market with shock and awe whilst Suho sighed and scratched his head.

“Not much here to see, is there?” Suho laughed awkwardly as he took our blank faces for disappointment, “Maybe my information was wrong. There’s only dead trees and grass here-“

“-No, no.” Sehun interrupted Suho excitedly, “You’re right.”

“I am?” Suho’s downcast expression lit up immediately, “So there really is supernatural beings here!?”

“Yeah,” Sehun walked into the busy market as the supernatural beings ignored him, probably all thinking he couldn’t see them, but as a small dwarf bumped into Sehun and fell over, silence engulfed the rowdy market.

My eyes widened as I saw the suspicious stares aimed at Sehun, and grasping onto the small knife I was carrying beside me for safety reasons, I wished fervently that the supernatural beings wouldn't take us as enemies.

After a few more minutes of cautious silence, the dwarf Sehun bumped into spoke.

“You…can see us?” The dwarf frowned as Sehun nodded slowly.

There was murmurs everywhere and me and Sehun exchanged looks as the attitude of the supernatural beings changed immediately.

“Welcome to our market,” The dwarf’s frown melted into a smile. “Can we help you with anything?”

“Uh…” Sehun trailed off and he glanced at me who glanced at the many supernatural beings that have started to crowd around us.

“This is bad,” Sehun whispered to me with the supernatural beings staring at us, “What am I supposed to say?”

“I don’t know,” I whispered back truthfully, “But at least they’re not attacking us right now.”

“Excuse me,” The dwarf spoke after seeing that the two of us weren't going to speak any time soon, “Are you the unknown looking for Exo M?”

I blinked.

“Y-yes,” Somehow, I felt nervous talking to the dwarf, “That’s me.”

“Ah, then you two must be trying to figure out where to go to look for Exo M, am I right?”

“Yes, so if you could help us, we would be very thankful.” Sehun spoke up as his grip on my hand tightened just a little.

“Of course I’ll help you, how would I dare not to.” The dwarf began walking as he pushed through the crowd, gesturing for us to follow him, “But, promise me something first.”

The dwarf paused for a moment and turned to give Sehun a small, sad smile.

“Won’t you talk to your father for us?”

 

~~~

 

“The supernatural beings know your father?” I asked Sehun as we left the market and bid goodbye to Suho.

Sehun shrugged.

“Possibly,” Sehun answered silently as we walked into the woods, “I don’t really care.”

“O-oh.” I bowed my head, remembering Sehun’s angry face when he talked about his father the first time I met him, and Sehun glanced over my way before letting out a small laugh.

“Hey, but what matters is that we now have information about where to go, right?” Sehun said brightly, trying to change the sullen mood and I blinked and gave Sehun a smile.

“Y-yes.” I said softly.

S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter