Chapter fifty one

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s warm.

So warm and dark…so dark and warm.

There was silence as I slowly opened my eyes, and I sat up from the ground and blinked several times to get rid of the blurriness in my eye.

Squinting my eyes together, I frowned as I stood up with uneven steps and began making my way around the strange place I am currently in.

All I could see was darkness. Yet there was a strange sense of peacefulness in the opaque colour as it drew me into an invisible hug, warming my heart of any sort of cold emotions such as fear or loneliness.

And it is with such a mood that I began making my way daringly around the never ending darkness.

“What shall we do with her?”

I halted in my steps as voices suddenly interrupted my peace of mind, and tilting my head, I squinted my eyes as a sharp ray of light suddenly intruded upon my comfortable little space.

Shielding my eyes with my hand, I tried to see the faces of the intruders through the light, but to my dismay, all I could see were their figures. From the faint outline of their figures, I could tell that there were three of them here, two female and one male.

“She’s dead right now, but she also completed her mission the same time she died. What shall we do with her?”

I frowned slightly as I glanced around myself.

*Are they talking about me?* I thought curiously as I pointed to myself, *I completed the mission? What mission?*

I jolted slightly as one of the figures suddenly turned their head towards me, and I gulped as I tried to look away and pretend like I was just casually strolling past. But that wasn’t very convincing considering how I’m practically the only person here with the exception of these three mysterious figures.

“She’s awake.” The figure commented bluntly and I let out a nervous laugh as I tried to move closer to them.

“No, stay where you are.” The figure said as my foot froze to the ground, causing me to stay rooted to the spot.

“Who…who are you guys?” At least they didn’t freeze my mouth, so I took the chance to ask them questions, “Where am I right now? Am I dead? What did you mean when you said that I completed my mission-“

“-Woah there.” The male figure let out a charming little laugh, “You ask too many questions.”

My cheeks flushing red, I cleared my throat and gave them a polite bow.

“I apologize,” I said as I straightened my back, “But I really would like to know. What…what’s going to happen to me now?”

“That’s what we’re trying to decide right now too.” One of the female figures spoke, “What to do with you.”

“Let me explain,” The second female figure turned around slightly so that she was facing me, “At the same time you died, you also successfully completed the secret mission.”

I frowned. “I did? How?”

“You managed to kill the one who gave you the mission.” The male figure spoke up, “That was the secret mission you were to complete.”

My mouth falling wide open, I stared at the three as I felt my heart drop.

“Wait…so you mean that I…killed warrior Yonghwa!?”

“That’s correct,” All three figures nodded their heads, “So since you completed your mission, you’ve gained the right to go back to the human realms, but you also happen to be dead right now. We don’t know whether to let you live again, or to keep you dead.”

I heaved in a deep breath as everything suddenly clicked in. No wonder Jongin told me not to hurt Warrior Yonghwa, he knew all along what my mission was.

“I know this may sound like a weird question,” I stared straight at the three figures, “But can you tell me why Jongin kept me from harming Warrior Yonghwa?”

“Hmm…” The male figure tilted his head slightly before taking one small step towards me, “How about this? We will give you a test to see whether you truly deserve to live again as a human being, whether you’ve learnt your lesson during the time period of completing your mission.”

The other two figures nodded their heads in approval when a door suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

“Step inside the door to start the test, Kim Soyoung.” The male figure said as he gestured to the door and unfroze my feet from the ground.

Biting my lips, I made my way over to the door before stopping in front of it.

“How about the answer to my question?” I spoke one last time before entering the door, “Won’t you answ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter