Chapter thirty seven

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Just Joking.”

Tao burst into laughter as he saw my shocked expression, and he patted me on the head affectionately as his serious expression melted into a bright smile.

“I wouldn’t force you to do something like that, you know.” Tao gave me a lopsided grin. “I want you to fall in love with me.”

I stared at Tao dumbfounded for a second before relief flooded my face.

“But you will tell me about the secret, right?” I couldn’t help but ask Tao eagerly.

Tao pouted.

“Yah~” Tao whined unhappily, “Why do I feel so used right now?”

“T-that’s not it!” My eyes widened, “I just really don’t want to cage Exo M…yet I need to complete the mission in order to live. This secret could help me out in so many ways.”

Tao pursed his lips together in thought.

“Although I’m not sure whether you’ll be able to do the things the secret mission requires you to do.”

I frowned slightly. “Why not?”

Tao shrugged.

“Are you capable of killing someone?”

My face paled.

“Uhm…I…I don’t know.”

Tao raised one eyebrow, then let out a sigh.

“Fine. Then, are you able to betray your friend?”

My face paled even more.

“What kind of thing does this secret want me to do!?” I exclaimed, getting more nervous by the second. “If it’s something terrible, then I’m better off just caging Exo M.”

“Oh, it’s not as terrible as you think it is.” Tao shrugged, “But in your case, it might be harder for you to accomplish.”

“How come?”

“Well, because you’re acquainted with Oh Sehun.”

“Huh?” I frowned slightly, “What does that have to do with anything?”

“I wonder…” Tao trailed off mysteriously before giving me a small smile, “Well then, let’s leave this place, shall we?”

I glanced over at Kim Jongin, then back at Tao.

“You still haven’t told me what the secret was.” I stood my ground, “Please tell me what it is now.”

“I can’t.” Tao tilted his head. “The catch about this secret is that you have to figure it out yourself.”

I let out an exasperated sigh.

“How am I supposed to figure it out by myself? There’s so many different possible answers!”

“That’s why I gave you three hints,” Tao pinched my cheeks, “You know, you’re lucky to have such a loving husband like me. Most unknowns who knew about this secret didn’t have anyone to give them hints.”

“We’re not married!” I pulled Tao’s fingers away from my face, “And I’m not going to get married to you!”

“Why~?” Tao pouted sadly, “Is it because you have your Kim Jongin? Don’t forget that he can’t even see you.”

“No! Not because of him!” I grew a little irritated, “I don’t love him anymore.”

“Then is it because of Oh Sehun?” Tao’s expression suddenly turned serious, “You love Oh Sehun?”

I opened my mouth to deny it, but I found no words coming out of my mouth.

“So it’s true?” Tao’s face grew a little darker, “You love that bastard.”

“I-I don’t.” I finally spoke, although it came out as a stutter.

Tao let out a sigh before his expression relaxed into his usual cheerful manner.

“Right. I knew you didn’t.” Tao gave me a bright grin and he pulled onto my hand, “Let’s go back to my friends~ we’ll help you achieve what the secret requires you to do.”

My eyes widened. “Exo M?”

“Yes, Exo M.” Tao tilted his head, “We’re not enemies anymore now, so we can help you!”

I scratched the back of my neck uncertainly.

“But….that secret sounded horrible.” I whispered softly, “I’m not sure if I will be able to do it-“

“-That’s why we’re here to help!” Tao interrupted me brightly, “I’m sure every one of my friends in Exo M would be more than glad to help you.”

“What about Chen?” I raised one eyebrow, “I haven’t met him yet. Why would he help me?”

“Why wouldn’t he?” Tao let out a small chuckle, “Why wouldn’t he help out such a beauty like you?”

I frowned slightly. “I don’t think-“

“-You’ll meet him soon.” Tao cut me off my sentence reassuringly, “Although I’m not sure whether you’ll like him or not.”

“I don’t think I will.” I muttered under my breath, causing Tao to laugh out loud.

My frown deepened. Why is Tao so happy about me disliking his friend?

“Well then, we don’t have any more time to lose.” Tao grabbed onto my hand, “Let’s go to my friends.”

“H-how about Sehun?”

Tao paused on the spot.

“Soyoung,” Tao began slowly, “If you want to finish the secret mission as peacefully as possible, I suggest you forget about Oh Sehun.”

“B-but-“

“-And didn’t Sehun choose to believe rumours over you only a few hours ago?” Tao let go of my hand and cupped my cheeks, “That should be enough for you to let go of him.”

I bit my lower lip before nodding my head resignedly.

“You’re right.” I whispered, unable to hide my disappointment in my voice, “I should forget about him.”

“That’s right.” Tao gave me a smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter