Chapter forty two

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

When we finally got back to the rest of the Exo M members, I was met with worried faces.

Faces that stared at the gash running down my cheek so much it made me want to puke.  

Ignoring their stares, my eyes slowly lingered over to Chen, who was staring back at me evenly, as if he had done nothing wrong.

“Where were you?” I found myself walking over to him, “Why didn’t you keep your end of the deal?”

Chen’s eyes widened a little at my sudden confrontation. Biting his lips a little, he stepped back. “I-I…”

“You what?” I pressed my lips together into a thin line, “You ran away. I thought you were the all so powerful Lightning. In fact, you’re all supposed to be deadly and dangerous and strong. What happened to all that, huh?”

Sehun beside me frowned a little and placed a hand on my shoulder.

“Soyoung-“

“-this isn’t fair.” I let out a frustrated growl, “I’ve spent all this time trying to cage you guys, trying to find guardian Seohyun, and I’ve gotten nowhere. I don’t even have the heart to cage you guys and now Kim Jongin’s dead.”

The Exo M members were silent as I sighed and slumped down on the ground, hunching my knees together as I stared into the distance.

I wasn’t heartbroken. No, I didn’t love Kim Jongin anymore.

But I was tired. So tired, that nothing was going my way.

That no matter how much I tried, I only seemed to be running around in circles trying to break through this invisible wall stopping me from accomplishing anything.

When I finally thought I had it all planned out and was ambitiously trying to get revenge on Exo M, my stupid, soft heart gave in and I ended up being allies with them.

When I thought my memories and past life was gone and I can start afresh, I find out that the beings in my present are my past.

When I thought I finally could trust love, and that I finally found someone who I love and love me back, Kim Jongin died.

Biting my lips, I curled my fist into a ball as I buried my head into my knees and willed myself to stay strong.

*The weak Kim Soyoung is gone.* I took in several deep breaths as I tried to comfort myself, *you are strong. You are not a flower anymore, and you will not bend down to your troubles*

Lifting my head, I found myself blinking a little as I saw that during the period of me blanking out, everyone had squatted down and surrounded me in a protective little circle.

I felt a hand reach out to touch me lightly on the hand.

“Sorry.” I glanced over to see Chen looking awkwardly at the ground despite the Casanova he was supposed to be, “I…I…”

My eyes softened and the anger I held towards Chen melted away.

“It’s alright.” I reached over at patted Chen’s head. “I guess it’s for the better now that Jongin’s gone. One less burden for me ahaha…”

I trailed off with a dry laugh as I sighed and leaned back against Sehun who was sitting behind me.

I could feel Sehun’s muscles tense up as I relaxed my body against his broad chest and he hesitantly, yet sweetly wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

“Ewww…” Xiumin let out a disgusted snort, “I thought you hated him or something.”

“I don’t.” I whispered back with a tired smile on my face, “In fact it’s quite the opposite.”

There was a moment of silence as Sehun tightened his hug and I snuggled deeper into his embrace.

“So you’re saying that you…love him?” Lay rose one eyebrow at me.

I shrugged. “Maybe.”

“No you don’t.” Kris let out a soft growl, “You don’t love him.”

“What if she did?” Sehun snapped back as he tightened his grip around me even more.

Kris’ eyes blared as a snarl escaped his lips. “Do you want me to throw you against the rock again, dirty-blooded bastard?”

Sehun’s eyes twitched and I frowned at Kris’ use of words.

“Don’t say that, Kris.” I whispered as I patted Sehun’s arm in hope to make him remain calm, “That’s not very nice.”

“No one’s nice in a battle.” Tao spoke up also as his sharp eyes bored into mine, “Especially in a battle for love.”

I heaved a small sigh and glanced up at Sehun who still looked offended at Kris calling him dirty-blooded.

“Don’t listen to Kris, Sehun.” I reached one hand out and patted him on the cheek, “I still love you no matter what.”

Sehun’s tense muscles relaxed and he rested his chin on my shoulders, ignoring the glares given to him by a certain few members of Exo M whilst a few others smiled at the sweet sight.

And then there was Xiumin who snorted again for the second time.

“Sheesh guys,” Xiumin rolled his eyes, “Get a room already.”

 

~~~

 

Chansung’s POV

I walked around the pavilion, studying the bloodied and tainted state it was left in since yesterday night.

Tilting my head, I crouched down near the dead corpse of a young girl who looked no older than 20 years.

“Hmm…” I tapped my chin and stood up as I glanced over at the boy lying lifelessly next to her. “What a shame such young souls had to die so early.”

Pacing around the pavilion, I finally found what I was looking for.

Bending down into a squat, I lingered my fingers over the samurai sword that glinted dangerously in the warm sunlight then my eyes trailed over to the dead body of Kim Jongin just a few feet away from the sword.

“Your highness,” I spoke as I picked up the sword and turned around to face Jongin who looked shocked seeing his own corpse. “How are you feeling?”

Jongin blinked at me and I smiled a little as I saw some of that innocence he owned before he became emperor return to those curious and confused eyes of his.

“Am I…dead?” Jongin seemed unable to grasp the situation with his smart brain.

“Do you think you’re dead?” I raised one eyebrow, “Look for yourself.”

Jongin gulped as he glanced at his corpse again then back at himself. “But…but I’m talking to you right now.” 

“You should be thankful that you’re even able to talk to me.” I sighed and examined the sword, “If I hadn’t saved you from getting stabbed by this sword, you would’ve disappeared completely from this universe.”

“Why?” Jongin approached me and stared at the samurai sword, “What is this sword?”

“Hmm…” I turned the sword around in my hand, “It’s a sword that poses threat to the supernatural beings. In fact, this is the only thing in this world that a human could use to attack the supernatural beings.”

Jongin paused for a second. “And how did Yun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter