Chapter twenty three

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The dragon’s lair.

It was a surprisingly small place.

All I could see, was a large mountain with dead trees growing here and there in weird and angular positions.

There was a small hole at the foot of the mountain, barely big enough to give us entrance to the cave inside.

“So…” Sehun stared at the cave uncertainly, “proceed?”

“Proceed.” Xiumin walked into the cave with no hesitation and the rest of us exchanged looks before following after Xiumin.

The cave was extremely dark, and the sound of water dripping from the sharp protruding rocks could be heard as it resonated throughout the whole cave. I shuddered slightly as the air became colder the deeper we walked into the cave.

“Sheesh Fro- I mean, Xiumin, can’t you hold back your powers a little bit? I’m about to freeze to death.” Sehun must had felt the cold too for he glared at Frost as he rubbed his arms.

Frost returned Sehun’s glare.

“Yah, it’s not me.” Frost snapped, “It’s because we’re going deeper into the cave.”

“So?” Sehun muttered unhappily, “Just being around you make me feel cold.”

“Ssh.” Lay frowned. “Stop talking.”

“But don’t you feel cold-“

“Shut up! We can’t be talking so comfortably in here, what if there’s dangerous creatures lurking around here? Then we’ll just be exposing ourselves!” Lay hissed, causing Sehun to zip his mouth together.

 Continuing slowly forwards in silence, everyone stopped abruptly as we reached a dead end.

“What in the world…?” Lay muttered, and he glanced back at us before his face paled.

“What is it?” Xiumin furrowed his eyebrows at Lay’s confused expression.

“Where…” Lay blinked, “…is Luhan?”

 

~~~

 

“Luhan!” I whispered as loudly as I dared to as I rubbed my arms, trying to keep myself warm as I wandered deeper into the cave. “Where are you?”

After realizing that Luhan was nowhere to be seen, we decided to split into teams and look for him but I ended up losing Lay, my team member and now I’m all alone by myself.

To be honest, I couldn't understand why Lay would even bother try to find Luhan.

I mean, Luhan was a part of Exo M, wasn't he? He was supposed to be the all-powerful Telekinesis, and I was sure a strong magical being like him wouldn’t die so easily.

And why did Luhan leave the group? Where exactly did he disappear off to?

Biting my lips as uncertainty swelled up in my heart, I frowned slightly.

*Or did Luhan disappear on purpose?* I thought to myself as I found myself getting suspicious, *So that they can stir up some other evil plan…*

Wincing as the air just got colder, I halted as I arrived at a dead end again.

“Why are there so many dead ends here?” I found myself muttering unhappily as I stared at the blank stone wall in front of me, “And this is supposed to be the dragon’s lair, where did all the dragons go?”

Sighing, I slumped down and leaned my back against the stone wall, too tired to walk anymore when suddenly, I felt the wall move.

“Omo!” I glanced behind myself in surprise, but before I rcould comprehend what was happening, the wall suddenly disappeared,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter