Chapter seventeen

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Welcome to troll village.” Chanyeol opened his arms wide. “Which…is currently in fear and turmoil because Frost is trying to kill us all.”  

Lay shot Chanyeol a look as he entered the empty village with the rest of us trailing behind him.

“So what do you propose we do?” Lay stared at the isolated village with all the doors tightly shut and the curtains drawn close.

“How about you just whiz up to Frost and tell him that he can go make some nice little snowman if he’s that bored instead of trying to turn us into ice?” Chanyeol suggested sarcastically. “Makes everyone’s lives easier.”

“Why don’t we think of a better plan in case Frost freezes my before he freezes yours?” Lay retorted back and I blinked, never having to expect the kind Lay to be this sarcastic.

“Aish,” Chanyeol cursed under his breath, striding ahead of us as I glanced around myself, taking in the gloomy and sullen atmosphere of the village, “Well you guys aren’t leaving until you think of a plan-ow!”

Chanyeol winced as a piece of folded paper suddenly whizzed past us, leaving a small paper cut on the side of Chanyeol’s cheeks.

“What’s this?” Sehun frowned and picked up the paper.

I peeked over Sehun’s shoulders and read the message as Sehun unfolded the paper.

 

Two more days until I freeze this village.

                                           Yours Sincerely, Frost.

 

I could feel goose bumps run up my arms as Frost’s message left a bitter taste in my mouth.

It looked like the Exo M spirits really need to be caged up. Otherwise they would just be going around trying to ruin everyone like this.

“Why don’t you just use troll magic to get Frost to back off?” Sehun suggested as we followed Chanyeol inside a large house located in the centre of the village, “I know Exo M is powerful, but if you all combine your powers together, won’t you be able to defeat Frost?”

“This is why I hate humans,” Chanyeol let out a snort as he closed the door shut behind him, “Thinking they know it all.”

“And for your information,” Chanyeol continued speaking before Sehun could defend himself, “Exo M isn’t just any ordinary spirit group. Just one of the six spirits can easily kill off a small village like this one and if not for those damned guardians letting them escape, we won’t be facing these troubles.”

“You mean there’s villages other than this one in the Troll’s village?”

Chanyeol gave me a look.

“Well duh. This is only one of the hundreds of villages existing in the Troll’s village, and I,” Chanyeol puffed his chest out proudly, “Am the king of it all.”

“Now, back to business.” Chanyeol changed the subject all by himself as he began pacing around the room, “How are we going to defend ourselves?”

“How about we send Frost a deer as a gift?” Luhan finally spoke after keeping silent for a long while, “Maybe then he’ll be so touched he’ll decide not to attack anymore.”

“How about we don’t?” Sehun rolled his eyes.

I sighed as I could sense tension rising between Luhan and Sehun again, and I turned to Lay, deciding to ignore the two.

“How about you, Lay? What do you think?”

Lay scratched his chin thoughtfully.

“We need to set up traps,” Lay said carefully, “And we need to know more information about Frost to know how exactly to set up those traps.”

“Well give us information then!” Chanyeol snapped impatiently, “We don’t have all day to be thinking slowly.”

“I’m just a doctor, remember, O great troll king?” Lay snapped back, and I could almost see pressure marks appear on his forehead, “I would’ve tell you guys about Frost already if I knew anything about him!”

“Alright, alright. Chill.” Chanyeol muttered to himself, but I who was standing next to him managed to hear him, “I don’t get why you’re trying so hard to hide.”

Hide? Hide what?

Tilting my head curiously, I turned to Lay, who had somehow found a map of the village and was laying it out on the wooden table in the middle of the room.

“Currently,” Lay’s eyes scanned the map before pointing to a spot, “We are here.”

We all gathered around the table as Lay began explaining his plan.

“Knowing the physique of spirits, they are strongly resistant against hard objects or any of the sort, so it will be no use trying to pierce them with a sword or the likes of that.” Lay tapped one finger against the table, “And trying to shut them out with heavy gates won’t work too.”

“Then what do we do? Sit here and wait for death!?” Chanyeol cried out exasperatedly.

“No, this is why we set a trap.” Lay shrugged, “Unfortunately none of us here know anything much about Frost.”

“Well,” Sehun hesitated for a bit, “According to rumors…Frost is obsessed with food.”

“Yeah.” Luhan nodded his head, “Especially buns.”

There was silence as we all stared at Luhan surprised at how confident he sounded as if he knew Frost personally.

“Uhm…I mean, according to rumors Frost likes buns.” Luhan explained awkwardly.

“Well, that’s settled then, we set up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter