Chapter twenty four

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sat on the highest grass hill I could find and glanced down at the many dragons lazing around on the grass plains.

True to my thoughts, Kris and I were the only non-dragon creatures around here, but I seemed to be the only outsider as Kris busied himself with talking, playing and teaching with the dragons.

“At least I’ve got you, eh?” I glanced over at the purple dragon who had somehow taken a liking to me, and decided that it would follow me wherever I go.

The dragon let out a purring sound and it leaned its weight against me which caused me to fall down with the dragon on top of me.

Luckily this dragon was a small one, otherwise, I’d probably be dead right now.

I giggled as the dragon began to roll about on me, its scales tickling my sides and I pushed the dragon off me as I tickled the dragon back.

The dragon let out a snort as it began squirming about, and soon, it has its back on the floor as it began chortling and rolling around from my tickles.

I smiled as I stopped tickling the dragon, and I sighed and laid down on the dragon’s tummy, feeling its heartbeat and the up and rise of its stomach as it breathed heavily.

Letting out a small laugh, I tilted my head upwards and stared into the dragon eyes.

But as I did so, a chill shot down my arms as my limbs suddenly felt quaky and wobbly.

For the dragon’s warm eyes had suddenly been replaced with the coldest and deepest black eyes I had ever seen.

 

~~~

 

Night time had come over the dragon’s lair, yet I had no intention of sleeping as I found myself sitting at the bank of a small waterhole, my feet dangling in the water.

Glancing up at the bright moon that illuminated the whole area, I let out a sigh and patted the purple dragon’s head as it slept soundly at my side.

My mind wandered back to its eyes that had suddenly turned cold in the afternoon.

Although the coldness was there for only a split second, it was overpowering enough to send Goosebumps up my arms now even when I’m only thinking about it.

*It almost reminds me of Kris’s eyes.* I thought to myself as I glanced down at the purple dragon sleeping innocently by my side, *Almost as if Kris has possessed the dragon…*

I shook my head.

“No, that’s absurd.” I thought out loud, “It’s not like he’s a ghost or anything.”

“Who’s not a ghost?”

I swirled around only to find myself staring into Kris’ eyes.

“N-No one.”

I gulped as Kris sat down next to me and dangled his feet into the waterhole as well.

“How did you end up here? Do you remember?”

I was too scared to turn and look into Kris’ eyes. “I…I fell into a hole…I think.”

“Hmm.” Kris sighed as he leaned back. “How did you come here then? You’re a human, aren’t you?”

“I…I am?” I winced slightly as my voice quavered out of nervousness. “I don’t remember.”

“Of course you don’t.” Kris gave me a soft, tender smile that sent chills up my body.

Okay, just Kris by himself is scary enough. Now that he was giving me those cute little smiles just made him even scarier.

I glanced away from him and stared up at the moon, whose image was reflected upon the still water of the water hole.

Before I could stop myself, tears began flowing out of my eyes as memories of Kim Jongin suddenly filled my head.

We spent so many nights together under a bright and beautiful moon just like this.

Now that I finally were able to see such a moon like this, Kim Jongin was no longer with me anymore.

“What’s wrong?” Kris sounded startled as tears continued to spill out of my eyes. “D-do you remember something?”

“I…” I choked on my words as my emotions got the better of me, “I had a lover.”

“Lover?” Kris stared at me.

“Y-yes. A lover.” I buried my face in my hands as my shoulders began shaking, “He…I…we loved each other. I saved him from drowning once when we were children and since that day, we’ve been the best of friends. More than friends, actually, he promised he would marry me someday.”

“A-and?”

“And he did. I became the happiest bride. He treated me better than all of his other wives, even better than the queen herself. Although I was just a mere concubine, he gave me the world.”

“Ah…so your husband was the king.”

“Unfortunately, yes.” I let out a bitter smile. “He was the great king who no one could defy. He was the great king that left me over lies.”

Kris remained silent.

“So you committed suicide because of that.” When Kris finally spoke, his voice was dry.

“Suicide?” I threw back my head and laughed, “Yes. Yes I committed suicide. I hanged myself, so what?”

“That’s cowardly.” There was no sympathy in Kris’ voice. “When you get betrayed, you get revenge. Giving up is the road of a coward.”

“Oh, I am getting my revenge right now.” I stared at my own reflection on the waterhole, “And not just for myself too.”

Kris turned and stared at me.

“By any chance…are you an unknown?”

I frowned and turned to look at Kris. But his stare was so suppressing that I had to look away as soon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter