Chapter Sixteen

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure you don’t need any help-“

“-Yes. I’m fine, thank you.”

I gave Sehun a small smile as I leaned my weight against the trunk of the tree and limped slowly behind the three male that kept looking back at me frequently.

*This is my mission* I thought as I gritted my teeth and tried to walk faster as so I wouldn’t slow them down too much, *I can’t always rely on them to protect me.*

Panting heavily, relief flooded me as I saw that we had reached the clearing of the forest, and the smell of food and chatter could be heard as we exited the dark and gloomy forest.

“Wow, so this is how the town looks like,” Luhan’s eyes widened drastically as we walked into the town of the fairy mountain, “It’s so busy.”

I found myself staring at Luhan again.

*I thought he was from here,* I tilted my head curiously, *Maybe not.*

“Aren’t you from here, Luhan?” Lay spoke, voicing out my thoughts, and I watched as Luhan’s eyes widened even bigger.

“Oh…uhm, yeah! I am from here. I just…you know, never really left the forest so I’ve never been to the town before.” Luhan nodded his head, “Yup, that’s it.”

“You know what,” Sehun suddenly slowed down his fast pace and began walking next to me in an almost protective manner, “You’re really suspicious.”

Luhan glared at Sehun as he slowed down as well and walked on the other vacant spot beside me.

“And I don’t like you.” Luhan pulled my arm gently, scooting me closer to his side, “So therefore Soyoung won’t like you either!”

My eyes widened as I sense a storm coming, and biting my lips, I glanced over at Lay for help, yet he was too busy greeting the residents of the Fairy Mountains to notice the situation here.

“Excuse me,” Sehun grabbed onto my hand and pulled me back closer to him, “I know Soyoung longer than you.”

“Aaaannnd your point is?” Luhan drawled, “Soyoung and I have already established the fact that we’re friends.”

“And that’s what you’ll only ever be.” Sehun muttered under his breath.

“You’re not even close to friends with her.” Luhan unfortunately heard Sehun’s mutter, and retorted back to Sehun huffily as he pulled me close to him again.

I winced slightly as my ankle throbbed from all the pulling.

“Yah! I’ve held hands with her and slept on the same bed as her and I even kissed-“

There came silence as practically everyone surrounding us stopped in their movements and turned to stare at Sehun in shock.

“Uhm…I mean…” Sehun trailed off awkwardly as he refused to look into my shocked eyes.

“Lay! LAY! THANK GOODNESS YOU’RE HERE!”

The awkwardness broke immediately as someone suddenly yelled out to Lay in an urgent voice, and the fairies all made way as Hyuna came sprinting over to us, worry plastered all over her small face.

“What’s wrong Hyuna?” Lay frowned as Hyuna came to a stop in front of us, not even panting at all although she had just ran all that distance.

“T-the t-troll… troll…” Hyuna’s face went white, “The troll king is here!”

There came gasps, and I tilted my head slightly as I noticed that all the fairies’ faces turned just as pale as Hyuna’s. Only Lay, Sehun, Luhan and I gave no reaction as the fairies began hurrying back home.

“Why is he here?” Lay asked Hyuna gently as Hyuna looked like she was about to burst into tears.

“I don’t know!” Hyuna wailed, “He just barged into the clinic and demanded to see you! Then when I told him that you were absent, he threw a fit and began throwing everything in the clinic around! Now the clinic is a mess and he’s still refusing to leave!”

Lay sighed and he massaged his neck as he turned to us.

“We’ll come with you.” I said before Lay could say anything, “Lead the way.”

Lay’s mouth opened, then closed it as he nodded and began walking. I turned to Sehun and Luhan, who was still giving each other glares.

“You two,” I tried my best to sound as nice as possible, “Let’s just be friends, neh?”

“But Soyoung deer! Sehun’s being such a bully!” Luhan pouted, and Sehun’s face darkened.

“What? Soyoung dear? How dare you call her-“

“Sehun, I think he meant ‘deer’ as in the animal.” I interrupted Sehun quietly, hoping to stop the fight.

Bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter