Chapter twenty one

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sat blankly in front of the fire stove, my eyes staring into nothing as my hands hung limply at my side.

It had been two days since the grandma died in front of my eyes.

And I felt like killing myself all over again.

Just how could I be so foolish and assume that I wouldn’t die?

If I had known…if only I had known earlier, then I would've been more careful. I wouldn’t be so careless in everything, and cause the grandma’s death.

A small sigh escaped my lips as I thought painfully back to the day when the grandma taught me how to make buns. That was the most love and warmth I had ever received from anyone.

“KIM SOYOUNG.”

The door to the room slammed open and I glanced up to look into Frost’s ice blue eyes.

“Are you going to stay dead like this forever!?” Frost snapped at me crossly, “I thought you were trying to cage us, HUH? What happened to that willpower!?”

I stared at Frost blankly.

“Isn’t this what you wanted?” I spoke quietly, contrasting Frost’s loud yells, “For me to die. For me to lose my fighting power so you can eat to your heart’s content.”

“Aish!” Frost ran a frustrated hand through his hair, “Who told you that this was what I had in mind!?”

“Wasn’t it?” I turned my head away from Frost and stared back into the fire.

For the past two days, I haven’t been receiving any visitors in this lonely room that I’ve cooped myself in apart from Frost who comes here at least five times per day to yell at me.

I don’t understand.

Why wasn’t he trying to kill me now that I had lost my energy and will?

There came a loud sigh as Frost closed the door behind him and walked closer to where I was sitting.

“You wouldn’t have died from those icicles anyway.” Frost muttered as he stood beside me, “You only would’ve gone unconscious for the most a few days.”

“Stop lying. The grandma died.”

“She only died because she was old. Didn’t you know? Old trolls tend to have really soft skin which even a blunt cane can poke right through them.”

I slowly turned to stare at Frost.

“What?”

“You heard me.” Frost shrugged carelessly, “She died for no reason.”

“You…” My mouth fell open, and anger began surfacing upon the heart that I thought was already too tired to care about anything anymore.

“So, are you still going to stay here and mope about all day? Seriously, haven’t you seen anyone die before in your whole life? This is the real world, Kim Soyoung. Stop acting like a weak flower.”

“Get out. Now.”

“Oh wow,” Frost rolled his eyes, “You can’t even take criticism-“

“-I SAID. GET OUT NOW.”

“Whoa, whoa.” Frost held both hands up in the air, “Alright, alright. Whatever you say, princess.”

And with that, Frost huffily strode out of the room, slamming the door behind me as my mind whirled with confusion and anger.

“THAT JERK!” I finally exploded as I stood up from the chair and began pacing around. “How dare he say somehting like that so casually!?”

Walking over to the door, I attempted to storm out of the room and de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter