Chapter five

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Poof.

I slowly opened one eye and glanced around myself.

I was currently standing, or rather, floating, in the middle of the morning market, and a wave of nauseousness hit me as I stared at the bustling market in which I hadn't visited for a long time due to the fact that i was forbidden to exit the palace after entering it as a concubine.

Tears glowing in my eye, I began walking as I momentarily forgot my mission, and smiling softly to myself, I walked past a jewellery stall as the memory of my unni picking bracelets for me flooded into my mind.

“Watch out! There’s people coming through!”

A sudden holler brought me back to my senses, and my eyes widened as I saw two men carrying a heavy load of fruit pushing their way through the busy crowd.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I waited for the men to collide into me, yet all I felt was a cold gust of wind as the two men walked straight through me without noticing anything.

Gasping, I opened my eyes in shock as I stared at the two men who continued walking on, and I frowned as I tried walking into a small boy running towards me, yet the same thing happened again.

“AH!”

I jumped as a loud, startled yell resonated through the busy market, and I looked around for the source of the noise, only to stare into the eyes of probably one of the best looking guy I had ever seen in my life.

But his eyes was enlarged with shock, and his hands trembled slightly as his whole face turned as white as a sheet.

Tilting my head, I walked through the bodies of the people standing around him and approached him as I wondered why he looked so shocked.

Reaching one hand out, I hesitated on whether to touch his face or not, but after remembering the fact that no one could see me, I boldly placed my fingers on his cheeks.

Tracing my fingers along the frame of his forehead, down to the tip of his nose, over his lips and to his defined jaw, I couldn’t help but feel envious about this guy’s good looks.

Sure, many praised me for my looks back when I was alive, and many of the concubines were jealous over my beautiful appearance, yet this boy definitely surpassed my beauty.

Sighing softly to myself, I continued to trace my fingers around his face,

*If I was this good looking,* I thought to myself as I dazed off a little, *would my lord still abandon me?*

Glancing at the boy, I tilted my head as my fingers paused at the tip of his nose.

*How come I can touch his face?* I blinked as I poked his cheek, *So I can touch people’s faces yet not collide into them?*

Dropping my fingers from his face, I tried to touch the face of the girl standing next to him, yet only to find my fingers slipping through her face.

And that was when my face paled.

Turning slowly to the boy, I realized that he was staring straight at me with terror and shock and I gulped as I stared back at him with terror and shock too.

“Can you see me?” I whispered after a few moments of staring.

The boy nodded slowly.

Not good.

 

~~~

 

“Ahjumma!” The boy hollered as he led me inside a restaurant. “Two bowls of noodles, thank you!”

“Two bowls?” A middle aged woman came bustling out the kitchen and gave the boy a confused look, “Do you have a friend coming later?”

The boy frowned and he opened his mouth to speak when I tapped him on the shoulder.

“Only you can see me.” I whispered even though no one could hear me anyway, “And I don’t get hungry, so don’t worry about getting me food.”

The boy blinked, and he let out a small sigh as he turned to the ahjumma.

“Then just one bowl.” The boy changed his order.

“Alright, feel free to sit anywhere.” The ahjumma walked back inside the kitchen and the boy glanced around the restaurant for an isolated place to sit so no one would think he was weird “talking by himself”.

After settling down at a spot he was satisfied with, the boy reached out his hand for a handshake and gave me a smile.

“I’m Oh Sehun.” The boy introduced himself.

I returned Sehun’s handshake awkwardly, not quite sure if this was the appropriate way for a lady to greet a man, but nevertheless I introduced myself as well.

“I’m Kim Soyoung.”

Sehun nodded his head and he leaned his elbow on the bench.

“Are you a ghost?” Sehun stared at me.

I bit my lower lip and nodded my head slowly, feeling strange about telling someone that I’m a ghost, even the feeling of being one made my head spin.

“How did you die?” Sehun asked without any shame and my eyes widened at his bold question.

“I…” I trailed off, not knowing how to explain my situation to Sehun, and unwilling to tell him my past, I shrugged nonchalantly. “I suicided.”

“Suicided!?” Sehun’s eyes shot open like he wasn’t expecting that for an answer. “Why?”

“Ahem.” I cleared my t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter