Chapter thirty six

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sehun and I walked in silence as we entered the market bustling with people.

We were silent for a few reasons.

The first reason, which was the one I would like to stick by, was that we were silent because we didn’t want people to think he was crazy ‘talking to himself’.

The second reason, which wasn’t entirely false, was that we were too tired to think, let alone talk anymore.

The third reason, which was probably the biggest reason, was that Sehun had just confessed to me less than an hour ago.

This silence was awkward.

So awkward, that it seemed like the both of us had long forgotten our conflicts with each other and our past, and was trapped inside this little awkward bubble of ours.

Clearing my throat, I dared myself to peek over at Sehun, yet I only found myself staring straight into Sehun’s glowing eyes.

My eyes widened drastically as I felt my face flush red.

*Was he staring at me this whole time?* I thought unconsciously as I quickly glanced away, *No wonder I felt so awkward.*

“I’m sorry. Am I bothering you by staring at you too much?” Sehun spoke up, and I jolted with surprise as I stared at him again.

*That’s right…I forgot that he could read minds now…*

“I’ll try not to read your mind if you don’t want me to.” Sehun tilted his head in a cute manner that sent my heart fluttering everywhere.

I cleared my throat for the second time.

“I don’t mind, really.” I spoke softly as I glanced around myself, “There’s nothing for me to hide anymore.”

Sehun nodded, then he pressed his lips together as a thoughtful expression came on his face.

“Soyoung, can I ask you a question?” Sehun sounded hesitant.

I my lips, feeling nervous for no reason. “What is it?”

“Why did you…” Sehun trailed off a little, “Why did you suddenly decide to tell us everything?”

I blinked.

“Because,” I let out a small sigh, “If I don’t tell them now, I would never be able to cage them.”

“Then are you able to cage them now that you’ve broke off all ties with them?”

My eyebrows furrowed together and I glanced away.

“I don’t know.” I muttered, “Maybe I’m still incapable of doing that.”

I stopped walking as I finally arrived at the place I wanted to go to, and glancing sideways at Sehun, I saw that he was frowning.

Then, his frown smoothened and a gentle expression replaced the frown as he reached out one hand and my cheeks.  

I jumped as I felt electricity zap through my body.

“This must be hard for you, Soyoung.” Sehun’s eyes were tender, and they melted my insides as I stared deeper into his warm, mesmerising orbs, “You’re only 17. This must be really hard for you to take alone.”

I gulped involuntarily as I felt Sehun’s thumb gently move in circles around my cheeks.

“I-I’ve arrived at the place I wanted to go to.” I muttered as I quickly backed away from Sehun, leaving his hand hanging in mid-air. “You can go now. Thank you for accompanying me here.”

Sehun lowered his hand and he frowned.

“I’m not leaving you, Soyoung.” Sehun stood firm on his ground, “I thought we had come to a conclusion that we were going to cage Exo M together since the first day I met you.”

“Well, things are different now, Sehun.” I glanced away, “Now we’re in a different situation. A more complicated situation than when I first met you. Please just go on your way, Sehun.”

“No.” Sehun stared straight at me, “I thought I told you already before. No matter how much you hate me, no matter what sort of complicated situation we’re in, I love you. And nothing can change that.”

“No, you’re wrong.” I hardened my eyes, “Love can be changed. You’ll end up hating me one day just like Kim Jongin-“

I cut myself off as I bit my tongue and cringed, forgetting that Sehun doesn’t know about my identity yet.

“Kim Jongin?” Sehun’s eyes widened, “Wait, Kim Jongin as in our emperor?”

“N-no.” I couldn’t keep the stammer out of my voice, “Y-you h-heard wrong.”

“Now that I think about it,” Sehun seemed to had finally realized his surroundings, “Why are we at the palace?”

All I did was lower my head as Sehun shot me confused looks. Then, his eyes widened as if he had just thought of something.

“Don’t tell me…” Sehun bit his lips, “You were his…his concubine?”

My head snapped up sharply and I shot Sehun a glare.

A glare filled with so much bitterness and anger that it sent Sehun backing away in surprise.

“So what if I was?” My voice turned out colder than expected, “Do you have a problem with that?”

“No…I don’t.” Sehun said slowly, “I’m just…I’m just surprised. Why…why did you die then?”

“Because I killed the emperor’s mother.” I clenched my fists together, “I’m a murderer.”

I would never forget the look on Sehun’s face.

There was shock and unbelief swimming in his eyes as his face remained expressionless.

It was as if he was still trying to understand what I had just said.

I let out a small, dry laugh as I released my clenched fist, and shooting Sehun a contempt look, I watched as he stood there trying to figure out what was happening.

“Do you hate me now?” My lips hitched upwards into a small smirk, “Can you say that you still love me? I’m not the innocent girl you thought I was. I’m just a petty, thieving, cunning little… .”

Sehun’s eyes widened at the crude word I used to describe myself, yet he spoke nothing as he just stood there staring at me with widened eyes.

I could feel my lips trembling a little as I clenched my fist again, waiting for Sehun to say something…to say anything.

Actually, not anything.

All I wanted to hear really, was for Sehun to tell me that he still loves me. Even after knowing that I had ‘killed’ Jongin’s mother.

I wanted him to believe me. That I, Kim Soyoung, would never do such a thing.

Then…then I think I could go cage Exo M with Sehun. I think I would be alright travelling with Sehun once again. If he would just believe me-

“I’m sorry.”

I froze.

“So…you don’t love me anymore?”

“I…” Sehun frowned a little, “I need time to think.”

I bit my lips and by this time I was clenching my fist so hard that my knuckles were turning white.

“Good.” Despite my disappointment, I forced myself to stay calm, “Then now that you know I’m such a horrible person. You can leave me alone.”

Pressing my lips into a thin line, I turned around and stormed into the palace without waiting for Sehun to say anything more.

But as I walked away with flair, my head held up and shoulders straight, tears streamed down my eyes like melted water. When I finally entered the palace and out of Sehun’s sight, I collapsed to the ground as I let my emotions pour out of my eyes.

I couldn’t understand why I was crying as I clenched my fist in front of my heart.

But all I knew was that it hurts.

It hurts that Sehun chose to believe rumours over the time he had spent with me.

Just like Kim Jongin.

Heaving several deep breaths, I squeezed my eyes shut as I calmed myself down.

*Now isn’t the time to feel sad,* I thought as I dried my tears and stood up, glancing at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter