Chapter thirteen

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CLANG

“Mmpfjkdf.” I mumbled in my sleep as I stirred slightly from the sudden noise, and I flipped over to one side only to cause excruciating pain to shoot up my ankle.

“Ow!” I bit my lips down to stop myself from screaming out loud as I sat up from the sudden pain, and as I massaged my sore ankle, I rubbed my eyes to get the sleep out of my eyes.

My vision was blurry at first, but as it cleared up, I found myself staring into the eyes of a nasty looking bandit holding a sword above my head.

I blinked up at him as he blinked back at me, obviously not expecting me to wake up, and there was a few moments of silence before I opened my mouth and let out a blood-curdling scream.

Sehun and Lay both awoke from my scream, and they immediately grasped the situation as Lay quickly withdrew his swords and pierced it through the bandit’s body, causing the bandit to slump down dead, his sword clattering onto the ground.

Lay heaved a sigh of relief before turning to face the many other bandits surrounding us, in which Sehun was already facing cautiously with a dagger held firmly in his hand.

“We don’t want to fight,” Lay spoke after a few minutes of deathly silence, “Leave us be and we’ll spare your lives.”

A grimy looking bandit, in who I assume was the leader snorted and he tightened his grip on his sword.

“Little pretty boys thinking they can fight, huh?” The bandit leader spat onto the ground and eyed Lay and Sehun in contempt, “We’ll see who’s begging who to spare their lives.”

“Hai,” Lay heaved a huge sigh, “And here I was hoping I wouldn’t have to get my hands dirty dealing with barking puppies like you guys.”

“W-What did you say!?” The bandit leader’s face turned red with anger, “KILL THEM ALL!”

“KILL THEM ALL!” The bandits shouted as they raised up their swords and charged towards us, and my heart turned cold as I glanced at Sehun, who even though was standing firmly, looked pale as well.

Lay, on the other hand, stood calmly in his spot, and I watched as his lips tugged upwards into a small smirk.

“AHHH!” A bandit suddenly let out a horrified scream, and my eyes widened as I saw that he had fallen to the ground, clutching onto his knee.

“My arm!” Another bandit choked as he grasped onto his arm, his sword falling from his hands.

Soon, all the bandits have fallen to the ground, crying and groaning in pain, leaving just the bandit leader standing there, face as pale as a ghost.

“W-what are y-you!?” The bandit stammered as his hands shook against his grip on his sword, “W-what have you d-done to my men!?”

Lay gave the bandit an innocent smile.

“What are you talking about? I didn’t even touch a strand of your men’s hair.”

“Don’t play dumb! I know you used magic! What are you? Are you a mage? A fairy? Or…” The bandit leader’s eyes narrowed, “Are you a spirit?”

“I’m just a mere doctor,” Lay shrugged his shoulders, “I don’t practice magic.”

“Hah! Don’t practice magic! You-“

“-Are you going to retreat or not!?” Sehun snapped, interrupting the bandit leader’s disbelieving words, “Or do you want us to kill you now?”

The bandit leader turned to Sehun and smirked.

“What is this? A human being in the supernatural realms? You’re just a petty little unknown, aren’t you?” The bandit leader snarled at Sehun as both Sehun and I blinked in surprise.

“I’m not an unknown!” Sehun frowned, “Do I look l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter