Chapter forty seven

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tick Tock.

Tick Tock.

Tic-

I blinked as time suddenly paused, and there was silence as all actions froze, leaving just me and Tao blinking and breathing.

“Why…” I knew my eyes were swimming with confusion as I stared into Tao’s sad eyes. “Why did you stop the time?”

“Because I need to talk to you alone.” Time said softly as he walked over to me, the usual playful glint in his eyes gone. “About…our past.”

“Our?” My eyebrows furrowed together. “What are you talking about?”

A heavy and burdened expression weighed upon Tao’s face as he sat down on the ground, hunching his knees towards his chest and tilting his head forwards so that his forehead was touching his knees.

“Hmm…” Tao muttered softly as he tilted his face sideways so he was staring upwards at me, “Where do I begin…?”

 

 

The past

 

It was a beautiful day.

The sun shone down upon the luscious grass in the fifth place as twelve children ran around the plain, laughing and playing like there was no tomorrow.

A couple sat a few metres away from the playing children, warmth radiating from within their eyes as they admired the twelve kids.

“Chansung,” The lady spoke, her voice as gentle as the flowing stream, “I feel so happy right now.”

Chansung gave his spouse a smile as he reached for the lady’s hands and patted them.

“Doesn’t it feel like they’re really our kids?” Chansung whispered admiringly as the twelve began playing chase, “I love them so much I could die.”

“Even more than me?” The lady gave Chansung a light, playful nudge as Chansung grinned and leaned down to peck her on the cheek.

“Of course not, my dear.” Chansung laughed huskily as he wrapped his arms around her slim shoulders, “I’ll always love you the most.”

“Mmm…” The lady snuggled deep into Chansung’s embrace as bliss decorated her pretty face, “I wish we could stay like this forever and ever…and not have to worry about Yonghwa.”

Chansung’s eyes narrowed as the smile disappeared off his face.

“Don’t talk about that guy.” Chansung muttered darkly, “He’s a jerk for throwing you aside. And now when you’ve finally found your happiness, he wants you back.”

“But you know that I will never leave you, right?” The lady whispered sweetly.

A small, trusting smile appeared on Chansung’s face.

“Of course I know that, my darling.” Chansung kissed the lady on the top of her head, “And I’ll never leave you too.”

“I love you so much, Chansung.” The lady giggled into Chansung’s chest.

Chansung smiled.

“I love you too, Seohyun.”

 

The Present

 

“Wait, what?” I cut Tao off his words and stared at him like he was growing mushrooms on his head, “Did you just say…Seohyun? As in…Guardian Seohyun?”

Tao gave me a strange look.

“Do you know her, Soyoung?” Tao questioned me, curiosity sparkling in his eyes.

“I…” I trailed off, pondering on whether do tell Tao or not. “I…I just heard of her name when I first came here to the Unknown, that’s it.”

“Oh…” Tao looked visibly disappointed yet he quickly shrugged it away. “So anyway…”

 

 

The Past

 

“Hey, hey.” Tao ran up to his friends excitedly, “Guess what!?”

“What?” Xiumin raised one eyebrow, “What is it?”

“You know Oh Sehun? Uncle Yonghwa’s son?” Tao whispered as his friends leaned in to him, “He got into trouble today!”

“What kind of trouble?” Chen’s eyes sparkled with interest, “Did he get caught flirting with one of the nymphs-“

“-no! He went to the human realms today!” Tao interrupted Chen excitedly, “And now he’s being scolded by uncle Yonghwa!”

“Do you guys want to go watch?” Lay proposed, “I bet it’ll be fun to watch.”

“You guys can go. I’m not interested.” Kris rolled his eyes and backed away from the circle, “I’m going to go practice kungfu.”

“Bleh! Party pooper!” Luhan whined as he threw a small stick at Kris, “Just come with us!”

Kris threw Luhan a look which caused Luhan to shut his mouth immediately.

“I repeat once more,” Kris narrowed his eyes into his friends’ unhappy faces, “I’m not going.”

“Fine. Whatever.” Tao muttered as he began leading the way, “We’ll have fun by ourselves then.”

And with that one last huffy sentence, Tao lead the group of children away as Kris went the opposite direction into the woods.

As Kris ventured deep into the woods, he glanced backwards to make sure no one was watching before pulling out a stick from his pocket.

Glancing once more around himself nervously again, Kris began poking the stick around in thin air until the stick bounced off an invisible wall that shimmered slightly upon contact with the magical stick.

Smiling to himself, Kris poked the wall again, but this time poking a hole through the wall.

Biting his lips, Kris quickly dived into the hole upon the invisible wall, and the last of Kris could be seen running off into the distance as the hole on the wall disappeared as quickly as it came.

 

 

The present

 

 

“Wait.”

Tao looked slightly annoyed as I interrupted him again of his storytelling.

“What is it?” Tao gave me a peeved look as I cleared my throat awkwardly.

“How do you know all thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter