Chapter forty nine

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The past

 

Pant. Pant. Pant.

Silence.

“AARRRGGGHHHHHH!”

A powerful roar erupted from the lone man standing on a field piled up with dead bodies, his eyes bloodshot and traumatized and his hands trembling with shock and horror.

The only sign of power and violence evident on the frightened man was the long, sharp sword held in his hand, glistening dangerously even in the darkness.

“W-What have I done?” The man whispered as he stared around himself, tears flowing down his blood-stained cheeks, “W-What have I done to these innocent people?”

Shaking his head in denial, the man let out another cry as he fell to his knees, the sword clattering to the ground in the process.

There was no sound apparent as the man cried his heart out, his mouth opened wide in terrified and husky sobs that could break the heart of a powerful lion. In that moment, he looked so weak, so weak and small despite his strong build. 

His sobs continued as footsteps approached the man, and a pair of sharp, polished boots stopped in front of the crouching figure of the man.

“Hmm…” A smug smirk appeared on the newcomer’s face, “Not bad, Warrior Chansung. You did better than what I expected.”

“SHUT UP!” The man shot up from his crouching position and grabbed the newcomer’s collars, “SHUT UP BEFORE I KILL YOU TOO!”

“Woah, calm down now.” The newcomer laughed, “At least your family is safe.”

“Safe?” A wry laugh escaped Warrior Chansung’s lips, “Safe? Are you kidding me?”

Letting go of the newcomer’s collar, Warrior Chansung stepped away from him and clenched his fists together.

“Are you happy now, warrior Yonghwa?” Warrior Chansung squeezed his eyes shut as the smell of blood reached his nose, “Are you happy now that you’ve ruined all these people’s lives?”

Warrior Yonghwa raised an eyebrow and shook his head lightly.

“Ah, no, you’ve gotten it wrong, my friend.” Warrior Yonghwa smirked, “you’re the one who killed them. Not me!”

“YOU’RE THE ONE WHO POSSESSED ME!” Warrior Chansung roared, his face so tense you could almost see his veins pop out, “YOU’RE THE ONE WHO-“

“-Ah! Look! There’s the murderer!”

Warrior Chansung’s eyes widened as Warrior Yonghwa smiled.

A whole army was racing towards them, their swords raised up and powerful magic swirling through the army. Just one look at the deadly army, and you could tell that they were all tough beings who could kill you both with magic and without magic.

“You…” Warrior Chansung turned to raise one shaking finger at Warrior Yonghwa, “How dare you-“

“-HALT! Don’t you dare touch Warrior Yonghwa!” The general shouted as the army neared the two, “Just come quietly with us, and we won’t have to kill you!”

“Aish!” Warrior Chansung cursed as he lowered his hand, and shooting one last glare at Warrior Yonghwa, he flew up into the air and raced off into the distance.

“Stop right there!” The general shouted as he fastened his pace, “Stop!”

As the army raced past Warrior Yonghwa, he smiled and exchanged looks with the general.

*You must cage him, no matter what, do you understand?* Yonghwa passed on a telepathy note to the general as he lifted his head a little and raised one eyebrow.

*Understood.* The general nodded. *I’ll make sure no one knew it was you who conducted the massacre.*

 

~~~

 

Kris wandered through the human realms, his hands placed behind his back and his cheeks a light colour of red as he trailed behind a certain little girl who had always caught his attention.

Glancing around himself, Kris made sure no one he knew was here as well before smiling widely and continued following after Soyoung.

“Here we go, a pretty little bun for our pretty little girl.”

Kris watched as Soyoung stopped in front of a small bun stall with her hands raised out as she accepted the delicious smelling bun from the kind Ahjumma with a friendly smile.

“Thank you very much.” Soyoung gave the ahjumma a polite little bow, yet her lady-like actions couldn’t hide the excitement in her eyes from the small treat she was given in her hands.

Giving the Ahjumma another bow again, Soyoung giggled to herself softly before leaving the store and resumed walking around the market.

Kris chuckled softly as Soyoung hummed happily to herself, and when Soyoung made sure no one was watching her, she gulfed down the bun like she hadn’t eaten anything in ages.

His smile deepening, Kris tilted his head as he fastened his footsteps to walk closer to Soyoung. Things couldn’t had been more perfect in this moment until something interrupted Kris from his blissful trance.

“Where were you this whole time, huh!?”

A loud yell interrupted Kris’ happy thoughts and he frowned as he halted his footsteps and glanced around himself, trying to find the source of the noise.

Yet nothing seemed out of the blue as everyone continued walking on like they heard no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter