Chapter twenty

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I can’t move my legs.

I can’t open my mouth.

I can’t even twitch my finger.

It’s like I was frozen to the spot, and all my limbs felt numb as I stared at the male standing in front of me.

“Kim Soyoung, so we finally meet.”

I tried to frown. But my face was stuck in a blank and terrified expression and my face muscles refused to move.

The man placed his hands behind his back as he began pacing to and fro.

“I assume you know who I am,” The man said.

*Frost* I thought.

“Yes, I am Frost. And you're Kim Soyoung...hmm, you’re uglier than what I've expected.”

I glared at Frost with my eyes. Even though I couldn’t move any of my muscles, at least I could still convey my emotions through my eyes.

Frost looked completely unfazed by my glare though, and he approached me lazily as he eyed me up and down with a look of disgust plastered on his face.

“Look at you,” Frost poked my ribs harshly, “All skin and bones.”

I winced slightly as Frost stabbed me right on my bone, yet all I could do was stand there frozen to the spot as Frost continued on scrutinizing me.

“Do you even eat?” Frost snapped at me, “I bet you don’t even know how to enjoy food properly.”

*For your information, I’m this skinny because I was going through a tough time, okay?* I snapped back at Frost in my mind.

“Tough time?” Frost snorted, “You betrayed food just because you had a…a tough time!?”

*I’m sorry. But I’m not a food maniac like you. I had other things to worry about than to spend my days stuffing myself with food.*

“HA. Hahahhaha!” Frost rolled his eyes as he jabbed my flat stomach a few more times, “Well, guess what Kim Soyoung. I’m not going to let you take me back to the unknown again. No. Not in a hundred years, not in a million years. I’m going to eat to my heart’s content.”

“So,” Frost’s sharp blue eyes glistened like a polished diamond, “Stay frozen forever, Kim Soyoung.”

*No. NO DON’T YOU DARE!* I screamed at Frost in my mind with all my mind but Frost ignored me as he raised one hand, and it towards me.

But all that came out was tiny shreds of ice.

Frost froze as he stared at his hand, and my eyes curved into a smile as I finally felt my muscles relax a little, providing me the ability to talk.

“What’s wrong, Frost?” My voice was taunting, “Is that all you can do?”

“W-what. You…what did you do to me?” Frost stared at his fingers and he tried using his powers again but this time, the shreds of ice that emitted from his fingers turned into water as soon as it was exposed to the air.

My muscles relaxed further more as I twitched my feet and fingers, and soon, I was back to normal again.

“Remember how you broke through that heavy Iron Gate we set up, Frost?” This time, I was the one pacing around Frost as a sneer appeared onto my face.

Frost stared at me blankly as I stared coldly back at him.

“You placed a spell on the iron gate, didn’t you?” Frost finally spoke.

“Hmm, something like that.”

“No…more like, you used the Iron Gate to put some sort of medicine or poison in my body to warm it up.” Frost was sweating now as his piercing blue eyes dimmed a little, “So I can’t use my powers.”

“You’re smart.” I clapped my hands in short, brisk claps, “But unfortunately not smart enough to see through our plan before breaking through that Iron Gate.”

Frost grunted as his hair was now soaked with sweat and he let out an exasperated sigh as he took off his shirt.

I didn’t blink an eye.

“So now what?” Frost’s eyes was still ice cold, “Now that I’m all warmed up, so what?”

“So what?” I walked over to Frost, feeling more and more superior with each step I took, “Now I can easily take you back to the unknown. And I’ll cage your other five friends as well.”

Frost let out a laugh, he was practically sweating buckets now.

“What if I have something else up my sleeve?” Frost asked me with a sneer.

“Well,” I shrugged carelessly as my eyes flitted over to Sehun who was creeping up to Frost with a sword held firmly in his hand, “I have something of my own as well.”

And before Frost could response, the sword came flying down his head, and although the sword broke the moment it came in contact with Frost’s head like it was made out of paper, I smiled as I could see powder falling down all over Frost’s soaked body.

“You know,” I smiled as Frost frowned at the powder sinking into his body, “I originally wanted to let you get captured in a nicer way.”

“I even spent a whole day making buns just for you, and I set them up around this place for you to find them and eat it.” I shook my head, “But…who knew you disappeared for a good few hours and decided to stupidly come find me even when you’re turning mush.”

I leaned in to Frost, whose eyelids were beginning to drop from the powerful sleeping powder that was thrown at him.

“Have a good night’s sleep, Frost.” I sneered as I watch him fall to the ground, completely unconscious.

Glancing over at Sehun, whose eyes were wide open at my cold words which contrasted my personality greatly, I turned my back on Frost and was about to go and inform the rest that I had captured Frost when a warm hand grabbed onto my ankle.

I froze.

Turning my head slowly back, I could feel my heart beating in fear as Frost gave me a smile, his eyes wide open.

“I told you I had something up my sleeves,” Frost said as he climbed into a sitting position, and I watched in horror as the sweat on his body began to freeze into ice and the powder that had sunk inside his body

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter