Chapter twenty two

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I stepped out of Chanyeol’s house lazily and stretched my arms high above my head, feeling somewhat refreshed as I took in a deep breath.

Although the morning breeze was gentle and cool, the gloomy atmosphere of the Troll Village seemed to have intensified during the time I spent cooped up in that room.

Wincing slightly as the wind blew past my bare arms harshly, it was then that I realized that I had this massive cut on the side of my arm with a large tear down the middle of the sleeve where my injury was exposed.

“Ah, seriously.” I muttered to myself as I began looking for a well or a river to cleanse myself up, “And just when my ankle and back is just about recovered.”

Taking slow easy steps around the village, I felt my heart sting a little as I walked past the spot where the grandma had died.

Even though there was no trace of her death anymore, I could almost feel her presence lingering around me like a breath of warm air.

“Thank you, grandma.” I whispered as tears clouded around the corners of my eyes, “I’ll make sure I’ll get revenge for you.”

*But now,* I snapped out of my daze as my injury began hurting again, sending me back to reality, *It’s more important to wash off any dry blood and cleanse the wound.*

Walking past a few houses, I finally found a secluded river with bushes surrounding it.

Glancing around myself, I made sure that no one is around, and stepping cautiously into the shallow river, I took off my shirt and cautiously lowered my body so that my chest was covered in the water.

After glancing around myself once more, I finally stood up bravely, and began rubbing the injury on my arm gently with water, washing off any traces of dry blood or dust that had gathered on my arm.

Luckily for me, the wound wasn’t deep, so considering that I treat my arm carefully for the next week or so, there shouldn’t be any scars left on my arm.

Reaching my hand behind sensitively, I let my fingertips trail over the long gash that run up my back, and I wandered to myself how it managed to heal so quickly despite it being a serious gash that could’ve taken my life.

*Ah, that’s right.* My eyes widened as I let my hand drop to my side, *Lay was the one treating me this whole time. He must be Heal, considering how the gash is almost recovered.*

*If Lay’s Heal…then what is Luhan?* I scrunched my eyebrows together, *Telekinesis? But I haven’t seen him used his powers once yet…I should think of a plan to make him to use his powers once just to make sure.*

Sighing softly, I turned around to find my clothes only to find myself staring into Sehun’s widened eyes.

I blinked.

*Sehun’s…not part of Exo M too, right?* Was all I could thought as I studied Sehun’s boyish and innocent looking face, *Yeah, he can’t be. He’s a human being after all.*

*But…* I continued to think as I crossed my arms, *You never know…I guess I can’t really trust anyone yet. But it’ll make everything so much easier if I could trust Sehun, then I could do so much more with making plans, I can’t do everything by myself.*

Nodding my head once, I decided to test Sehun on the spot.

“Sehun,” I started cautiously, unaware of Sehun’s red face, “Telekinesis and Heal is somewhere here with us, right?”

Sehun gave me a startled look.

“H-huh!? T-they a-are?”

I tilted my head slightly.

It was either Sehun was really good at acting, or he was just genuinely confused by my question.

But I had seen enough fake expressions in my life to be able to see that Sehun’s expression was pretty sincere.

Then again, he might be tricking me.

Sighing softly, I decided to believe Sehun. After all, it would be too hard to battle with the dangerous Exo M by myself.

“Hey, Sehun,” I gave him a smile, “Do you mind handing me my shirt?”

Sehun blinked once before quickly passing me my shirt, and he finally glanced away as I stepped out of the river and shook the water off my body before pulling the shirt over me.

“Your pants are soaked,” Sehun muttered as he noticed my dripping wet pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter