Chapter thirty five

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“What’s this? Sehun can hear other’s thoughts now?” Lay’s eyebrows rose as he turned to look at Sehun who was nodding his head madly.

After Lay and Kris came back, Sehun began freaking out even more as he could hear even Lay and Kris’ thoughts as well, so hence forth, we decided to hold an emergency meeting whilst Luhan slept on.

According to Lay and Sehun, Luhan couldn’t sleep for the past few days when I suddenly disappeared, so being considerate to him, we decided to let him rest for a while.

And to be honest…that made me really happy.

It felt like as if…we were really comrades instead of a bunch of plotting people coming together in order to make our revenge plans easier.

Sighing a little, I snapped out of my thoughts and returned back to the conversation.

“What exactly are you, Sehun?” Kris was saying as he tapped one finger against his leg, “I’ve been pondering over this for a while. How come you’re able to travel in the supernatural realms as if you’re a part of it?”

Sehun’s face paled even more.

“I...I don’t know.” Sehun muttered, “I…I just…”

With a loud sigh, Sehun trailed off and he pouted a little. “How are you expecting me to know when you, the almighty Flight don’t!?”

Kris shot Sehun a glare. “Well, sorry for trying to help.”

“Alright, alright.” Lay frowned as he gently placed a hand on both Kris and Sehun’s shoulder to stop them from fighting, “Why don’t we ask Soyoung?”

I blinked.

“What? Me?” My heart began pounding loudly against my chest, “I-I don’t know.”

Lay stared straight into my eyes.

“You were gone for a few days, Soyoung.” Lay tilted his head, “Where did you go to?”

I gulped involuntarily.

“I…I’m afraid I can’t answer that.” I bit my lips, “I was…I just slept for a few days.”

Lay looked a little confused. “Really? Then how come you just suddenly disappeared on us then suddenly return back to us with Kris by your side?”

All eyes turned to look at Kris suspiciously.

Kris rolled his eyes and glanced away.

“Well, you see.” Kris cleared his throat in an almost awkward manner, “I told concubine Taeyoung to bring her to me, but all I wanted to do was to get rid of concubine Taeyoung in front of Soyoung so she could see how much I love her-“

“-You sick person.”

There was silence as everyone turned to look at me, and I knew my eyes were blazing with anger.

Kris seemed the most startled as his mouth opened and closed, evidently at a loss of speech.

“I can’t believe you would do that to her.” I stood up from the ground angrily and glared down at the group of idiot immortals. “Who do you think you are?”

“Why are you so angry, Soyoung?” Kris frowned as he stood up also, “I did that for you-“

“-Did I ask you to do that?” I snapped, cutting Kris off his words, “I was desperately trying to save her whilst you tried to kill her, Kris! Why would you put me through the torture of watching someone I know die?”

“This ‘someone I know’ is concubine Taeyoung.” Kris didn’t waver from his position, “The concubine Taeyoung who killed you.”

I inhaled a deep breath then exhaled it.

“Kris,” I controlled my temper, “violence isn’t the way to everything.”

Kris’ eyes twitched a little, yet before he could talk back, I began talking again.

“So what If she caused my death, Kris? So what if she made my life miserable? Just because she made me miserable, does that mean I have to make her miserable too?” I stared straight into Kris’ dark orbs, “I’m not going to get what I want by ruining other’s life. I’m getting it by working hard myself. What benefit do I get by getting revenge on concubine Taeyoung?”

My last sentence bit me hard on the heart as I suddenly felt like a hypocrite.

So…what benefit do I get exactly by getting my revenge on Exo M?

Why am I trying so hard to hide the fact that I know who they are…just so I could become a liar and a hypocrite in the end?

Closing my eyes shut, I heaved a deep breath as I made up my mind. Then, opening them, I straightened my shoulder

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter