Chapter forty

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Hey baby.”

The moment I opened my eyes, I was greeted by a face that nearly sent me screaming for help.

Yet all I could do was blink rapidly as I stared into the face of Chen.

Hah. It’s Chen.

Chen….

CHEN. WHAT IN THE WORLD IS HE-

Sigh. Never mind.

Sitting up slowly, I felt my eyebrows furrow together as I stared at his lap in which I had been lying asleep on for who knows how long.

If I remembered clearly, I fell asleep on Sehun’s back, so what was I doing sleeping on Chen’s lap?

“Where’s Sehun?” My voice came out dryly.  

“Sehun? Who’s that?” Chen tilted his head.

I shot Chen a pointed look. “Oh Sehun. My ‘lover boy’ that you talked about yesterday night?”

“Aigoo.” Chen ruffled my hair, “What are you talking about, Soyoung? Who’s Oh Sehun?”

I narrowed my eyes and stood up from my sitting position.

“Whatever,” I gave Chen an annoyed look, “It’s not like I’ll get anything out of you anyway. Well, nice to meet you but I’m going.”

“Yah~” Chen shot up as well and grabbed onto my hand, “Where are you going?”

“Back to the Exo M members?” I stated as if it was the most obvious thing ever, “Where else would I go?”

“Huh?” Chen looked confused and he examined my face a little before resting a palm against my forehead. “Are you sick, Soyoung? We came here to have some alone time together, remember? Why would you want to go back to my friends?”

“What are you talking about?” I slapped Chen’s hand away from my forehead, “Why would I want to have some alone time with you?”

Chen looked genuinely hurt as he wrapped me into a hug.

“Soyoung…don’t you love me anymore?” Chen buried his nose on the crook of my neck, “Don’t you remember the time we’ve spent together? Remember how yesterday we had just confessed our love to each other?”

I frowned.

“What? That wasn’t with you. That was with Oh Sehun.”

“Soyoung, who is this Oh Sehun you keep talking about?” Chen looked concerned, “There’s no such person called Oh Sehun.”

My frown faltered a little and suddenly Oh Sehun’s existence seemed to dim a little.

“I…” I trailed off, “I’m sure he’s a real person…”

“No, there’s no such person, Soyoung.” Chen disagreed with me.

My confidence wavered again.

“T-then…maybe he’s someone from my memory..?” I trailed off uncertainly.

“No, Oh Sehun doesn’t even exist within your memory.” Chen’s tone was firm.

“A-an imagination of mine perhaps?”

“There’s no Oh Sehun in your imagination either.”

“O-oh. I think you’re right.”

Chen let out a small smile as I relaxed under his hug.

“So, Soyoung.” Chen tilted his head, “What about Oh Sehun?”

My mind was blank.

“Who’s that?” I said.

 

 

“AAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!”

My eyes snapped open and I shot up with a start as I panted heavily.

My hands trembling a little, I glanced down at my lap only to find Sehun still asleep on my lap.

I blinked for a moment before a relieved smile appeared on my face.

My tense shoulders relaxed as I let out a huge sigh.

“So that was just a bad dream.” I muttered to myself and shifted my legs a little as it was getting numb from Sehun’s weight.

Yet despite the uncomfortableness, I felt safe knowing that Sehun didn’t suddenly just disappear on me like in my dream and I wished more than ever that we could stay like this forever.

Sighing again, I bent down and rested my chin on Sehun’s warm back as I gazed over at the market that was directly in view underneath the big slope Sehun and I was sitting on.

Suddenly, homesickness washed over me and a feeling of nausea churned in the pit of my stomach as tears stung my eyes.

Despite being hurt and betrayed by the cruel world of the human realms, I still couldn’t help but miss the few touches of warmth hidden beneath the corrupted society.

The ahjumma down the street who used to treat me to snacks whenever I go by back when I was still alive, my sister who loved me and protected me and Yuna who respected me with all her life…

Talking about Yuna, doesn’t that girl walking through the empty market look a lot like her?

My eyes widening, I gently moved Sehun’s head away from my lap and rested it on the grass as I stood up shakily, wincing as my legs ached.

Keeping my eyes fixed on Yuna’s suspi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter