Chapter forty eight

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The past

“My love, don’t cry.” Warrior Chansung whispered as he made his way over to Guardian Seohyun whose face was covered in tears.

Behind Warrior Chansung stood Exo M and Sehun, whose innocent faces portrayed signs of confusion and fear.

“But why would he do this to us?” Guardian Seohyun choked out her words as she let herself lean into Warrior Chansung’s embrace, “Why is he forcing you to do this? It’s all my fault.”

“Hush, love.” Pain was evident in Warrior Chansung’s voice, “I’ll find us a way out of this.”

“No…no you won’t.” Guardian Seohyun raised her voice a little, “Don’t you know Warrior Yonghwa? Unlike you, he’ll do anything to gain what he wants. Just like how he was willing to conceive a child with a mere human being in order to chase me away!”

Exo M’s eyes widened at this information. Sehun looked just as equally shocked.

“Hush!” Panic was shown on Warrior Chansung’s face as he quickly turned around to look at the children, “Our kids are here with Oh Sehun, love.”

Guardian Seohyun’s eyes widened as she quickly sat up from Warrior Yonghwa’s embrace and stared at the seven kids in front of her who stared back at her in expectation that she would explain everything she just said.

“Oh, my head!” Guardian Seohyun cried as she pressed a fragile hand against her forehead, “This is draining too much energy away from me.”

There was a few moments of silence as Warrior Yonghwa drew an arm around Guardian Seohyun’s shoulder and patted her tiny frame in a comforting manner.

“Warrior Chansung,” Kris was the first one to speak up, “please explain everything to us.”

A tired expression drew upon Warrior Chansung’s handsome face.

“Maybe later, Kris.” Warrior Chansung sighed as he patted Kris on the head, “Maybe later.”

 

~~~

 

For the next couple of years, Warrior Chansung and Guardian Seohyun rarely smiled anymore.

The pressure from the parents also landed upon Exo M, yet despite being suspicious of Warrior Yonghwa, Exo M still allowed Sehun to play with them.

Although the seven of them remained good friends, everyone knew that their relationship with Sehun will never be as innocent and sincere as before as suspicions grew every time Sehun did something they deem unusual.

And that was when the silent tension between them burst one day when Sehun and Kris bumped into each other in the human realms. At the lake where Kim Soyoung goes to.

Kris threw Sehun a suspicious look as he knitted his eyebrows together.

“What are you doing here?” Kris’s question came out like an accusation.

“Then what are you doing here, duizhang?” Sehun threw Kris’ question back at him.

“That is none of your business.” Kris snapped, “Go back home. Kids shouldn’t be wandering out here alone.”

“You’re not much older than me!” Sehun protested, “And why can’t I stay here when you can?”

“Because I’m older. Duuh.” Kris rolled his eyes like it was the most obvious thing ever. “Now hurry back before you get in trouble.

“I’m not going to get into trouble!” Sehun rolled his eyes back at Kris, “I’ve been here for a while now and I’ve never gotten into trouble once.”

Kris’ eyes narrowed.

“Say what?” Kris took one step towards Sehun and closed in the distance, “You’ve been here for…a while now?”

“Yes.” Sehun held up his head proudly, “So I’m not going back!”

“Tell me why you’re here.” Kris bit his lower lip, “Then I’ll consider letting you stay.”

Sehun glanced at Kris warily. He had never liked Kris’ forceful and bossy attitude, it made him feel suffocated and irritated.

“Because it’s her birthday today.” Sehun mumbled, scuffing the tip of his toe on the ground.

Kris’ heart dropped a little at the mention of ‘her’ and ‘birthday’.

“What do you mean by her?” Kris’ curled up his fist by his side, “Who’s her?”

“None of your business.” Sehun muttered, “I’ll tell you if you tell me why you’re here.”

A disbelieving laugh escaped Kris’ lips.

“Yah,” Kris took another step towards Sehun and closed in the distance between them, “Are you going to talk back to your hyung now?”

“If you’re really my hyung,” Sehun stared straight into Kris’ deep, dark eyes, “Then you wouldn’t be so suspicious of me.”

Kris’ eyes narrowed, and he was able to speak again when a cheerful and sweet tune could be heard being sung from the distance.

Kris closed his mouth shut and swallowed his words back inside as his eyes wandered around the distance, trying to find the source of the sweet voice.

Sehun, too, also turned his head around in search of the owner of the voice, and his face brightened up as he finally caught sight of the girl he’s been longing to see.

Kim Soyoung.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter