Chapter thirty two

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I woke up with a start.

Opening my eyes wide, I scrunched my face together with uneasiness as I felt extremely uncomfortable.

Neither my feet, my hands nor my body could move, and when I tried making a sound, I realized that it was muffled.

Panicking slightly, it was then that I realized that I was bound tightly with rope, and a cloth was stuffed inside my mouth to prevent me from making any sounds.

BAM

I jolted as a loud slam suddenly echoed through the air, and as I turned my head towards the door of the small and dark room I was held captive in, I could hear footsteps approaching me.

“Where is Kim Soyoung?” A masculine voice snapped angrily as the footsteps suddenly halted, “Where did you put her!?”

“Kris oppa!” My eyes widened as I recognized concubine Taeyoung’s voice, “I captured her just like what you ordered me to do!”

I frowned slightly. Kris ordered concubine Taeyoung to capture me? Was he finally going to kill me now? 

“I DIDN’T TELL YOU TO CAPTURE HER!” Kris roared, sending me jolting in surprise again, “I ONLY TOLD YOU TO BRING HER HERE!”

“Kris Oppa~” I could almost see concubine Taeyoung pulling out that ‘cute’ pout of hers, “I was just trying to help you.”

“Whatever,” Kris seethed as the footsteps regained again, “I’ll go see for myself what kind of state you put her in.”

“W-wait! Kris oppa!” Concubine Taeyoung whined as the footsteps suddenly halted, “You know I’m only doing this because I love you, right?”

I couldn’t help but squirm angrily in my .

Love? She Loves Kris? What about Kim Jongin then?

“You’re annoying.” Came Kris’ cold reply, “If I see her hurt in any way, be prepared to get hurt twice the pain you’ve caused her.”

There was silence as I could imagine concubine Taeyoung’s shocked expression.

No one had ever spoken like that to her before, even the emperor of Korea fell for her pretty looks and tricks.

“Kris Oppa,” Concubine Taeyoung’s tone changed, “How about we forget about Kim Soyoung altogether?”

There was another round of silence.

“What are you talking about?” Kris finally spoke.

“I mean,” I cringed silently as I heard the honey dripping out of concubine Taeyoung’s voice, “Right now, it’s just you and I, alone in this small place…”

Concubine Taeyoung trailed off huskily and I bit my lips as silence followed suit.

I could just imagine her sidling up to Kris sultrily, batting her eyelashes and puckering her lips-

“OUCH!”

I jolted again for the third time as a shout sliced through the thick silence that was swimming in the air, and before I could regain my thoughts, the door burst open revealing a very annoyed Kris.

Kris’ eyes widened as he saw me lying on the floor all tied up like a bundle of apples.

Turning back to concubine Taeyoung who was sitting on the floor with a red mark thrashed across her cheeks, Kris glared at her ferociously.

“What. Is. This?” Kris spat out each word menacingly as he pointed at me.

For the first time since I had known her, concubine Taeyoung was trembling in fear.

“I…I only b-brought her here t-to you.” Concubine Taeyoung stammered as tears fell down her large eyes.

“Brought her here? You call this bringing her here to me?” Kris sounded extremely dangerous as he began approaching Concubine Taeyoung with fire burning in his eyes.

I squirmed in my as I could sense danger coming.

As much as I disliked concubine Taeyoug, I still wouldn’t like to see her die.

“P-please d-don’t hurt m-me.” Concubine Taeyoung began backing away from Kris as he neared her.  “I…I won’t do it a-again…”

“Too bad.” There was no mercy in Kris’ voice, “You’ve angered me already.”

My eyes widened as I felt wind picking up in this enclosed space, and I tried to let out a sound as I bit at the cloth, trying to push it out of my mouth.

Concubine Taeyoung’s eyes widened as she also felt the wind growing stronger around her.

“N-No!” Concubine Taeyoung sobbed, “Don’t kill me please!”

“Do you know where unknowns go after they die a second time?” K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter