Chapter fifty

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was as if time never froze.

The moment Tao unfroze the time, everything continued going on as if nothing had changed at all.

It was almost as if that few hours of new gained information never entered my life.

It was almost as if everything that had happened was just a dream…that I had never died, never met Exo-M and never fell in love with Oh Sehun.

“Hahaha!” I jolted slightly as Warrior Yonghwa suddenly burst into laughter. “Idiots.”

I frowned upon Warrior Yonghwa’s insult, and was about to open my mouth and protest when the person holding me captive from behind pressed his hand against my lips.

“Sshh.” The person whispered to my ear, “Trust me, you don’t want to provoke Warrior Yonghwa even more now.”

My eyes widened at the familiar voice, and I felt my heart beat even faster than it already was.

“Kim…Jongin?” My lips moved against his palm, “You’re Kim Jongin, aren’t you?”

I could almost imagine the sad smile trace Jongin’s lips as he moved his hand away from my mouth.

“I’m sorry Soyoung.” Jongin whispered, “But I can’t let you hurt Warrior Yonghwa.”

I frowned.

“What are you talking about, Jongin?” I hissed as I struggled to escape from his grasp, “I wasn’t planning to do anything like that!”

Gritting my teeth together, I s my hands around my hips and found the small dagger that was resting peacefully around the waist of my pants.

“Let go of me, Jongin.” I whispered through clenched teeth, “Before I do anything rash.”

“No.” Jongin’s loosened his grip on my shoulders and instead held me around the arms so that I was stuck in an even tighter position, “I’m doing this for our own good, Soyoung. Just trust in me- GYAHHH!”

I bit my lips as Jongin finally let go of me, and I gulped nervously as I stared at the dagger that was stuck in Jongin’s arm.

“You…” Jongin’s face paled, “Why would you…”

“I told you before,” I forced back the urge to cry, “I’m not a flower anymore.”

There was silence as no one said a word, and it was then that I finally remembered that I was still in the presence of Exo M and warrior Yonghwa.

But Jongin apparently forgot since all he did was stare at me, and he stared at me with so many mixed emotions it looked like he was about to burst from the confusion.

Then, Jongin slowly pulled the dagger out of his arm, blood dripping down the wound as he tilted his head and continued to stare at me.

I stared back at him as I slowly backed into the midst of Exo M, my heart about to burst as I quickly hid behind the backs of the tall builds of the Exo M members.

“It’s okay, Soyoung.” Luhan whispered to me as he s a protective arm around my shoulders, “We’re here to protect you.”

I bit my lips and gave Luhan an uncertain smile, not knowing what to think.

Because right now, Jongin looks a little crazy and Warrior Yonghwa looks even crazier.

“Since none of you is willing to comply with me,” Warrior Yonghwa spoke up as he waved a finger over Jongin’s wound, causing the scarred flesh to heal, “I guess I have no other choice but to kill you all.”

“Woah, that escalated quickly,” Kris gave Warrior Yonghwa a smirk, “But killing us won’t be easy, you know. People don’t fear us for no reason.”

“And I’m not the most powerful warrior in the Unknown for no reason too.” Warrior Yonghwa smirked back, dangerous gusts of wind already brewing behind his back, “Let’s see who’ll have the last laugh, Exo M.”

And with that, Warrior Yonghwa lifted his hand in the air, sending powerful wind hurtling towards us at a speed so dangerous I could see the currents of the wind.

I cringed as I felt the wind envelop us, but as soon as the wind hit us, it disappeared as quickly as it came.

“Really?” Kris laughed as the wind dispersed around us, “You’re going to go against me with wind?”

Warrior Yonghwa laughed back at Kris. “Do you think I’m that stupid?”

A smirk appeared on Kris’ lips as he dodged the sharp icicle that zoomed his way, and I could feel my face turn pale as the icicle sank deep into the ground before us, indicating that it could pierce through one’s body easily.

I jumped as lightening suddenly flashed through the sky, and swords in shapes of thunderbolts suddenly hailed down from the darkened sky and fizzed dangerously with burning electricity every time it made contact with the ground.

Yet Warrior Yonghwa reflected the swords towards us every time one neared him, and if not for Xiumin freezing the swords and shattering it to pieces before it reached us, at least one of us would’ve gotten hurt already.

There was silence for a while as the sky cleared up, and I could clearly see Chen’s shoulders mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter