Chapter twenty six

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kris’ POV

“What the hell, man?” Xiumin stormed over to me, “Do you love her or something!?”

I stared blankly at Xiumin as he plopped down next to me, and I shrugged as I glanced ahead of me, still stuck in confused thoughts.

“I don’t know,” I muttered, “Maybe I do.”

“Don’t ‘Maybe I do’ me.” Xiumin snapped as he grabbed my shoulders and whirled me around so that I was facing him, “Kris, this is Kim Soyoung we’re talking about here. The Kim Soyoung that we were planning to get rid of in the end. Hello? Does that strike a bell?”

I frowned and pushed Xiumin away.

“Don’t talk to me like that,” I could feel anger bubbling within me again, “It’s not like I can choose who I love.”

“Oh yes you can.” Xiumin stood up and moved in front of me, blocking my view of the dull scenery in front of me. “You can stop being so weak right now and go back to being that strong and powerful duizhang we all look up to.”

“Well who told her to start flirting with that bastard Sehun!?” I exploded as I stood up as well, towering over Xiumin as I have a much taller frame than him, “It’s not my fault that she’s being such a !”

“Oh no, and now you’re jealous.” Xiumin slapped his forehead resignedly before sighing loudly and staring at me in the eye.

“Listen, Kris.” Xiumin said sternly, “We may be of the same age, but I’m at least half a year older than you, so listen this gege’s piece of advice, neh?”

I shot Xiumin a look as he ignored it and continue talking.

“Never, and I repeat, never fall in love with your enemy.” Xiumin began pacing before me, “Unless if you want to be heartbroken and crushed, of course. But I’m sure our duizhang wouldn’t want that to happen to himself, hmm?”

I glared at Xiumin.

“What are you trying to say?” I clenched my fists together, already knowing what Xiumin’s trying to tell me.

“Kris, to be honest, we don’t really care whether you love Kim Soyoung or not.” Xiumin said softly as he walked closer to me, “All we wanted to do, was to have some fun with her, then get rid of her after she gets boring.”

“Aren’t you guys too cruel?” I tried hard to calm the storm beginning to rise inside of me, “She’s only a teenage girl trying to live again.”

“Hey, if she picked another mission to do, we’ll leave her alone, no problem.” Xiumin raised both his hands in the air, “But her mission is to cage us, Kris. And there’s no way I’m going back to that dirty prison and eat bread all day.”

“Just…leave her alone!” I snapped, “We’ll just run away and not let her catch us! Then everything will be fine.”

“Run away?” Xiumin stared at me, “Kris, do you even hear yourself? Are you seriously suggesting that we, the feared Exo M should run away in front of a weak little girl such as Kim Soyoung? Are you serious, Kris?”

“So what if I am! I swear, if any one of you touches even a strand of her hair, I will seriously kill you.”

Xiumin gave me a long stare before bursting out laughing.

“Kris, I think you need to calm down.” Xiumin said as he patted me on the back, “Breathe in some fresh air, chill a little. I’m going back inside the cave to check out the situation now, and you just stay right here and think it all out, alright?”

As Xiumin turned to leave, my shoulders deflated and I slumped down back onto the ground.

“Oh yeah, and one more thing.” I sighed softly and glanced up to look at Xiumin, who had paused in his steps with his head turned around.

“Remember that you’re our duizhang, Kris.”

With that last sentence, Xiumin turned around and walked away, leaving me to stare at his back as that sentence weighed itself down onto my heart like a huge rock.

As I continued to watch him near the entrance of the cave, I decided to do something.

Something outrageous.

“Wait, Xiumin!” I called out just as Xiumin approached the entrance of the cave.

Xiumin paused and he turned around to look at me, but as soon as he turned around, I threw him up into the air with lightning speed and crashed him against the largest rock I could find.

Xiumin’s eyes widened for a split second before blood trickled down his forehead, and his eyes fluttered shut as he slumped down onto the ground.

I panted heavily as I stared at Xiumin’s unconscious body.

*I’ll protect y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter