Chapter fourteen

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was the chirping of birds as my eyes fluttered open gently.

I was lying in the middle of a heap of leaves, and I squinted my eyes as warm sunray shone gently onto my face.

Grunting softly, I heaved myself up, ignoring the dull pain that came along with it, and I sat there in the pile of leaves as I tried to remember what had happened to me.

*That’s right,* I blinked as I cautiously reached one hand behind to touch my back, *I got slashed in the back by a bandit.*

“Soyoung!”

I jolted slightly in surprise as the sound of wood falling could be heard, and I turned my head around to see Sehun standing a few feet away from me, relief written all over his face.

“Hi.” I gave Sehun a small wave.

“Are you alright!?” Sehun rushed over to me, looking like he was about to burst into tears, “Do you know how worried I was!?”

I found myself blushing slightly as Sehun fussed over me like a mother, and I felt warmth that I hadn’t felt in such a long time since my unni’s death.

“Where’s Lay?” I asked as Sehun finally stopped fussing over me.

“Hyung? Oh…he just went to fetch some water. He was going to wash your wound for you again-“ Sehun cut himself off his sentence as a guilty look came onto his face, as if he’s just told me something he was supposed to keep hidden.

But all I did was just nod my head.

“Okay.” I said calmly as Sehun stared at me and he flushed red.

“Aren’t you…embarrassed at all? I mean, Lay saw your…uhm…”

“It’s okay. He needed to do that to take care of my wound.” I said softly and I reached a hand to my back and felt the dried gash that was beginning to heal. “And he did a good job too.”

“Of course I did a good job!” Lay entered our conversation as he came to us with two jar of water in his hands, “I’m a professional doctor, after all.”

My eyes widened as I saw that Lay’s upper half is , and I quickly glanced away as I gave Lay a slight bow.

“Thank you for taking care of me.”

“No need to thank me,” Lay placed the two jar of water down on the ground, “What you did was…It was very admirable.”

“N-not at all! After all, you two are the admirable ones!” I squeezed my fists together as I remembered their sweat and blood soaked faces, and Sehun reached one hand over and squeezed my hand once before letting go.

Blinking once at Sehun’s sudden action, I glanced over at him who was looking intensely at a tree in the near distance.

“Unfortunately though,” Lay sat down next to me and took out a paste, “your pretty hanbok is ruined.”

I blinked, and it was then that I realized that I wasn't actually wearing my hanbok, and was wearing Lay’s shirt instead. Glancing around, I spotted my dirty hanbok lying uselessly next to the bags of weapons and herbs.

Letting out a short, wry laugh, I couldn’t help but feel just a tiny bit upset as I bit my lips.

That hanbok, was the hanbok that my lord gave me when we were children, and now that it’s completely ruined, I suddenly felt as if my lord had really left me alone.

Even the items that he gave me were no more.

I jumped out of my thoughts as I suddenly fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter