Chapter four

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Night time came in the 'Unknown'.

There was no moon or stars in the sky.

Instead, little glowing fairies emerged from within the flower petals and began dancing around like fluttering lights, illuminating the ‘Unknown’ so that we could see in the darkness.

The view would've be beautiful, if not for the urgent and tense atmosphere that enveloped the whole of ‘Unknown’.

“Where is guardian Seohyun!?” Warrior Yonghwa was on the verge of pulling his hair as no one could find her, “Where in the world is she!?”

“W-warrior Yonghwa,” The messenger from before suddenly appeared in front of us, her face pale and her hands trembling from nervousness, “I…I think…I think Guardian Seohyun left the ‘Unknown’.”

Left…the unknown?

There were quizzical looks everywhere as everyone looked surprised, and Warrior Yonghwa let out an angry laugh.

“Left the ‘Unknown’?” Warrior Yonghwa snarled, “Where would she go if she left the ‘Unknown’? Unless she went flying back to the Fairy Mountains, there is no way she could survive outside this safe place.”

There was heavy silence as no one knew what to say, and even though most have no idea why Warrior Yonghwa wanted to find Guardian Seohyun, from his strained expression, everyone could tell that this was no laughing matter.

“Aish!” Warrior Yonghwa suddenly yelled, “Curse her! I will find her myself and make her cage Exo M!”

My eyes widened.

“You’re making her cage Exo M?” I found myself blurting out, and there was deadly silence as everyone stared at me in shock for questioning Warrior Yonghwa.

Warrior Yonghwa’s eyes narrowed.

“Yes,” Warrior Yonghwa spoke in a dangerously soft voice, “Is there a problem?”

“But…But she’s a guardian! Isn’t it her job just to look after unknowns like me?”

“So?” Warrior Yonghwa advanced towards me and I gulped as I noticed how tall he is compared to my short frame, “Is there anything wrong with that?”

“Exo M are dangerous, aren’t they?” I had already taken it too far, yet I continued to speak without fear, “She might die in the process. Isn’t she your fiancé?”

“Fiancé?” Warrior Yonghwa chuckled, “She’s not my fiancé. And she should be thankful for having this opportunity to become famous like me, so what if she dies? She gets to die as a hero, isn’t that great?”

My heart stopped cold as I suddenly understood Warrior Yonghwa’s intentions.

He wanted Guardian Seohyun to die.

He wanted her to die, so he could be freed from being the fiancé that he had promised guardian Seohyun he would be before he became famous and proud.

Anger bubbling inside of me, I thought back to the talk I had with guardian Seohyun before she left, and I couldn’t help but imagine the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter