Chapter twelve

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lay took the map from Sehun’s hands and examined it himself.

“So you guys got a map, huh?” Lay walked alongside us as Sehun glanced at the map over Lay’s shoulders.

“Yeah, the dwarf told us that Exo M were seen in the Fairy Mountain’s forest and the troll’s village before. According to rumours Exo M reside in the fifth place, and that they barely make visits to the dragon’s lair and the unknown, but we don’t know. So we’ll start off in rumoured places that they visit frequently blah blah blah…”

As Sehun and Lay began talking about how to find Exo M, I let my mind wander elsewhere as I glanced around myself.

There were fairies walking everywhere here, with shops and stalls selling magical objects and weapons. It was almost like a normal town if not for the abnormally beautiful fairies walking around and how the animals emerging from the forest just beside the town chatted amiably with the fairies.

Some fairies were even flying around too, and tiny sparks of magic could be seen here and there as a fairy stopped herself just in time from falling down, and another fairy used magic to heat up the stove.

It made me wonder how a peaceful town like this existed underneath all those scary and looming mountains up above. It was almost as if I was in a different world compared to the frightening view I had seen on top of the cliff.

“…Soyoung.”

I blinked as I snapped out of my train of thoughts, and I flushed red as both Sehun and Lay stared at me.

“Y-yes?”

“We were just saying that we will need to go into the forest,” Lay spoke up as he pointed a finger towards the dark forest behind us, “Are you fine with that?”

“Of course.” I nodded my head.

“We’ll probably be wandering around in there for a few days though,” Sehun scratched the back of his neck, “So you should be careful, you know…with your injuries and all.”

I frowned slightly at the idea, being raised up in a clean and structured home, I wasn’t too fond of the idea of living even a few days in the dirty and dangerous forest.

“I-I…” I found myself biting my lips as Lay tilted his head.

“If you’re too scared to do so, you can just stay here and wait for us.” Lay suggested, although I could hint disappointment in his tone.

“Yah, hyung, what are you talking about? Of course Soyoung can’t give up! After all, this is her mission, right Soyoung?” Sehun turned to me, and his confidence that I wouldn’t be a coward and step back made me melt down with guilt.

“Y-yes.” I could only say as Lay’s stern face softened into a smile.

“Good,” Lay rolled up his sleeves and he placed the map in his pocket, “Then let’s go.”

 

~~~

 

We wandered into the forest as the light began to grow dimmer and dimmer, and I had to do all I can not to whimper out loud.

Lay and Sehun, on the other hand, was walking breezily into the forest, examining their surroundings without a sign of fear as I tagged behind them, almost wishing my hands were still stuck with Sehun’s so that I could hold onto something to make me feel more secure.

“Hey,” Lay slowed down and he glanced at me, “Feeling alright?”

“Y-yes, thank you.” I couldn’t keep the stammer out of my voice as Lay tilted his head.

“Do you want to hold my hand-“

“-ARGH!”

I let out a scream as I felt something coil itself onto my sore ankle, and I breathed deep, uneven breaths as I slowly glanced down at my ankle.

What I saw made my heart stop cold.

I could see Sehun’s face turn pale as well as he stared at the abnormally giant snake wrapped tightly around my ankle.

My was heart thumping so much that it was getting painful, I squeezed my eyes shut as cold sweat broke out on my neck and face.

“Don’t move, Soyoung.” Lay said slowly as he cautiously approached the snake whilst grabbing some herbs from the bag of herbs I brought from the unknown.

Mixing the herbs expertly together in a jar whilst keeping a wary eye on the snake around my ankle, Lay crushed the herbs together into fine powder as he used his fingertips to pinch some powder and sprinkled it gently onto the snake’s head.

Soon, I felt the grip around my ankle lessen, and the snake fell off my ankle as I laid in a tangled heap on the floor.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter