II

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taecyeon hops out of his carseat, along with Junho who helps him carry the bundles at the back. Junho picks up the stack of clothes and hurls the bundle in Taecyeon’s arms, shutting the backdoor afterwards.

“You know where to go?” Junho asks. “It’s at the third level and just look for the unit number.”

“Got it,” Taecyeon grins as he marches inside the mall, heading to the escalator. Carrying the piece of paper with his free hand, he looks at the unit number then searching for it shortly. He passes by a few shops, stopping at a certain boutique. With slow steps, he walks toward the counter where the saleslady is at.

“Put it here!” she refers to the small couch by the side.

Taecyeon dumps them on the seat, turning to face the lady with a smile on his face. “Thank you!” he bows at the lady when he receives the money.

“No, thank you to you,” she thanks him back.

“Have a good day!” he waves off grinning, heading out of the boutique in a jiffy.

Taecyeon hops back into the front seat, Junho hands him another piece of delivery. He takes it with his hand after putting on his seatbelt, glancing at the words on the paper.

“Where’s this to?”

Junho takes out his phone, showing him the location. “Here, just follow the route. I heard it’s a famous brand though.”

Taecyeon’s eyes sparkles. “Famous brand huh?” he snickers. “That just means we’re getting paid more which is good!” he says, starting the engine.

“You’re really desperate,” Junho shakes his head.

“I have to be doing well or else I won’t get paid by our boss Junho, you know that.”

“I know hyung. Did you give Taeyeon the present?”

Taecyeon nods, keeping his eyes on the road. “She liked it. Obviously,” he says with a smirk. 

Junho and Taecyeon have been working as delivery boys together, for nearly five years. They receive weekly pay from their boss when they turn in the collected money by the end of the day. Pay is sufficient enough for them to buy basic necessities and groceries, and that is just what they need. Both of them treat each other as brothers, the moment they have shared each other’s problems to one another. For Taecyeon it’s because of the debts his family owe, while Junho has to earn money for his sick mother who is suffering from an illness. They struggle at some point of time, but neither gives up what they started. Although they hesitate on their current jobs, they choose to stick with it from the beginning. 

“Is it this tall building?” Taecyeon points at Younique’s building, parking by the side of the road.

Junho peeks outside the window. “Yeah, I guess so.”

“Come on Junho, help me on this. It’s branded so I’m sure they’re gonna give us several bundles.”

“Let’s go then.”

Taecyeon and Junho straighten their uniforms, heading inside the building.

 

Yoona examines the trainees with sharp eyes, glancing to and fro. Krystal follows behind her, watching the trainees with her as well. Yoona approaches a male trainee, her eyes scrutinizing his quick movements on the piece of cloth that is on the mannequin’s upper body.

“Be sure the collar is neat,” Yoona’s fingers run over the cloth, feeling its texture. “I like silk by the way,” she smiles at him.

Kim Suho, bows at Yoona not holding back his grin. “Thank you Miss Im.”

Yoona moves to the next table, she notices Choi Sulli working on the shoulder area of the blazer with the sewing machine.

“Is it symmetrical?” Yoona sits beside her, glancing at the cloth.

Sulli nods, “I double checked it Miss Im.”

“Alright, just be sure it doesn’t ruin the fabric,” Yoona takes over Sulli’s spot, demonstrating on how she should slide the cloth smoothly under the sewing machine. “There,” she points at thread which turns out to be perfectly aligned.

“I’ll practice that Miss Im, thank you,” Sulli bows respectfully, returning to her spot.

At the next table, Yoona sees Lee Taemin working on the buttons of the blazer.

“You’re almost done?” her eyes twicing its size.

Taemin shakes his head. “I still need to sew the cloth at the arms.”

“I see. I like the choice of color,” Yoona’s eyes twinkles at the bright shade of red. “Keep it up.”

Krystal taps Yoona’s shoulder, notifying a message from the lobby. “Yoona-ssi, I’m sorry to interrupt.”

“No Krystal, it’s fine. What is it?”

“The receptionist informed that your father is in his car, waiting for you by the entrance.”

“What for?”

“He wants to see you.”

Yoona let out a sigh, leaving the studio quietly. Krystal walks beside her, receiving another notification from her phone.

“Yoona-ssi, the executives have the clothes delivered and they will be in stores soon.”

“Good,” she says, pressing on the elevator button. “Have my coat and bag ready please.”

“Right away,” Krystal informs Pierre through a text message.

Yoona and Krystal steps out from the lift, marching through the lobby. Pierre who has Yoona’s coat and bag in his arms, approached her with haste footsteps.

“Your things Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter