XXXIX

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Gather around everybody!”

A celebration has been decided after the showcase, and it’s a rooftop terrace party at the Younique building. Several employees attend the event despite the night growing late. There’s not too much people but the atmosphere is as lively as ever. Much like a small celebratory kind of mood.

Seulong taps his champagne glass lightly with a fork to grab the attention of the crowd. They huddle around the long table where Yoona is sitting at, awaiting for a toast to be made.

“Miss Im, on behalf of all the employees in Younique, I would like to propose a toast to a successful showcase you’ve accomplished this evening and wishing you for more outstanding moments to come in the future. To Im Yoona,” he raises his glass up high.

They do the same. “To Im Yoona!” cheering on aloud as their glasses clink in harmony, following with a short applaud.

Yoona bows in respect toward them. “Thank you so much for the support you’ve been giving me for the past few years and I promise to give back in return of all the hard work you’ve done. To Younique!”

“To Younique!” they laugh again, raising their glasses up in the sky.

Music’s on, most of them are moving along with the beat. Some are chatting by the tables, some are drinking and laughing at a corner. Yoona searches around for Taecyeon, only to see him marching right up at her.

“Yoona! Hey,” he smiles as he hops right into the seat next to her. “Here’s the extra champagne bottle we have,” placing the alcoholic drink on the middle of the table.

“Thanks Taec!” Seulong snatches the bottle before anyone else does, earning chuckles from the rest.

Nichkhun groans, “Seulong come on sharing is caring,” he mocks.

“And where is your patience Khun?” argues Seulong back.

Taecyeon lean a little closer to Yoona’s side. She notices his action and raises an eyebrow at him.

“What is it Taec?”

“There’s someone wanting to meet you back there,” he points at the doors, the entrance leading to the terrace in general.

“Who?”

“You should see for yourself.”

Yoona stands up, extending her hand out. “Come with me?”

Taecyeon puts on a small smile. “Sure.”

He leads her away from the crowd then to the doors where someone is waiting. She tightens her grip when she catches a glimpse of the figure that she knows too well. He her back gently. Jonghyun releases a long breath, turning around unknowingly meeting Yoona’s eyes.

“Yoona…” he stutters out of shock.

She glances up to check Taecyeon’s expression. Calm and approving. “You should talk to him,” he whispers.

“Okay, just wait at a corner over there.”

He agrees again, leaving her alone with Jonghyun for some privacy. Yoona stabilizes her own breathing as she confronts Jonghyun for the first time since their bitter conversation. None of them speaks until he starts off with congratulating her success.

“I heard you got into the SFAA, I must say that is quite an impressive milestone you’ve achieved,” he conveys with much honesty.

She bows her head in response. “Thank you,” even smiling softly. “I appreciate how you still know about my goals.”

He snickers. “I never forget the things you say to me Im Yoona.”

“The usual Lee Jonghyun I’ve known,” she nods.

Another point of silence. “Yoona,” he pauses. “I want to apologize to you for the mistake I’ve done. I was a jerk for breaking a promise. I’m really sorry.”

Sighing, she bites her lip. “Your sister said to me you were forced to.”

“She did?”

“Yeah…and she said you were protecting me from your dad.”

Jonghyun grows silent after that.

“And that moment I knew you didn’t do it on purpose. I was relieved.”

“You were?”

“Yes,” she states. “I forgive you Jonghyun,” she walks forward and hugs him lightly. “Can’t find it in myself to hate you nor will I ever,” she confesses.

Jonghyun wraps his arms around her slowly. “Thank you Yoona.”

“Why don’t you join us for a while?”

“I would like to but I have to run a few errands for my mom. Maybe next time?”

“Alright you said it.”

“Have a fun night Yoona,” he shakes her hand with a grin.

Yoona tiptoes, planting a kiss on his cheek. “Goodnight Jonghyun,” she giggles when he appears stunned from what she did.

Jonghyun waves goodbye, shortly heading back to the elevators. Yoona folds her arms, turning around to meet a smirking Taecyeon.

“What?” she asks innocently.

He clears his throat. “I saw what you did,” he teases. “And I didn’t even get a kiss from you.”

“You did!” she laughs. “I gave you a kiss Mr. Ok,” she argues.

“Nope not on the lips,” he gestures a finger to his bottom lip. “After seeing that I don’t think I’ll be able to accept cheek kisses,” he chortles.

“You’re so jealous,” she shakes her head. “Later then we’ll talk,” throwing a wink at his direction while walking pass him.

 

Wooyoung offers his hand out for Taeyeon who is in the process of alighting. She smiles back at him and closes the door of the car behind her. Seunghun, at his other chaffeur service also makes his way up the flight of stairs and to the entrance. On their way to celebrate Younique’s victory.

“Dad you got a bouquet too?” asks his grinning son.

“Well of course Wooyoung, I probably have the best congratulatory bouquet out there among the dozens she has received.”

“And what makes you think of that?”

Seunghun snaps his finger and within seconds his chaffeur hands him over a nice, presenting cluster of flowers tied up neatly with a golden ribbon. Wooyoung turns to Taeyeon who is stifling a chuckle. He glances at his own set of bouquet, his mouth hanging agape.

“Okay hold up a second,” Wooyoung lifts an eyebrow at Taeyeon. “You gave dad the last set of red carnations I’ve been asking for?” his tone accusing plus a knowing glare.

Taeyeon shrugs her shoulders innocently. “You said you’re fine with the yellow roses.”

“Well duh! That’s because my sister also likes yellow but she’s fond of red the most. Can’t believe you gave it to my dad instead of your boyfriend.”

“For your information, Mr. Im actually approached me first and I helped him gladly. Not to mention he took notice of my floral shop and I guess I’ll be credited for it thanks to hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter