XVI

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Reviewing Younique’s October issue, Yoona a satisfied smile spreads across her face as she gawks at each of Taecyeon’s picture taken in the magazine. Literally flipping through the men’s section, she admires his face up close, and his whole figure in general.

Okay, stop it Yoona before you daydream again.

“I won’t,” she murmurs.

Yeah, like that worked last time.

“Now I won’t,” she says to her own conscience.

You wouldn’t want to be hugging or kissing a random person now do we?

She draws in a deep breath, taming her brain by clearing her upcoming illusions. She doesn’t know how to prevent herself from giving in to the internal pleasures of her mind, how to stop herself from picturing Taecyeon. She finds it impossible not to. What exactly did that handsome man do to her whole being? Yoona isn’t someone who daydreams about guys, oh no, she doesn’t even pay attention to them. But then the ever so fine, Mr. Ok Taecyeon strolls into her life, making her turn into a completely different person.

Here’s an idea, hang out with each other and get rid of the wacky illusions.

“You think so?” it’s funny how she’s talking to her conscience when she’s actually just talking to herself.

It’s better than a mannequin, come on.

Her face goes red, stifling a giggle. “Okay, I think I should talk to him more often. But how do I even do it?”

Eat with him at lunch, give him a praise, blow a kiss and all that other stuff. It’s all up to you, girl.

Considering that her conscience may be right, she decides to list out her possible moments with Taecyeon. Lunch with him? Employees around will begin false rumors if she makes one wrong move. Although she is known as the heartless President, everyone watches her every move like a hawk eyeing on its prey. She has never eaten with any of her employees apart from Krystal, and now she’s suddenly having a pleasant lunch with a male model. Who cares, you’re the President and you can do whatever you want. Yeah, but poor Taecyeon may be dealing with some jealous male employees in her company. Yes, apparently she is aware of the fact that most of her male employees like her. They will even send her nice bouquet of roses or gifts on Valentine’s Day. Damn, this is challenging. Never did she know liking a guy can bring so much trouble. 

A phone call echoes in her office, she picks it up hastily. “This is Im Yoona speaking,” she says.

“Miss Im! This is Megan Kim, the editor-in-chief of High Cut magazine?” says the person over the phone.

Yoona sits upright, twirling a pen while she listens. “Oh, Megan it’s been a while.”

“Yes it has been Miss Im,” the lady laughs. “Anyway, I have read Younique’s October issue and I must say that one of your male models have captured our attention.”

She drops the pen on her desk abruptly. “I beg your pardon?”

“This male model, Ok Taecyeon,” Yoona swears her heart pricks at his name. “We would like to ask you a favor, as Ok Taecyeon appears very charismatic and masculine, and we would want him to come over for a photoshoot.”

“Well…” Yoona clears . “I shall ask for his permission and call you back,” she replies hesitantly.

No. Yoona doesn’t want Taecyeon to proceed with that photoshoot. She feels uncomfortable about it. Of all the male models why must they pick him? There are other candidates for that job, but it appears Taecyeon is just a natural eye candy.

“Lovely! Thank you for your time Miss Im and I will be looking forward to your call.”

Yoona sighs, ending the call with a slight jerk in her movements.

 

Taecyeon just finished lunch as he makes his way to the lobby, when the President appears in front of him.

“Miss Im, hi,” he says.

“Yes, may I talk to you for a minute Mr. Ok?”

“Sure.”

They stand at the side, as he waits for what she says next. Yoona wet her lips, taking in a deep breath to neutralize her senses. She doesn’t even whether she should tell him or not, but then again he has nothing to do with her.

“I receieved a call from High Cut magazine and they want you as a model for a short photoshoot session. I assume the photography crew has read our magazine and you have appealed them,” she explains each word slowly.

Taecyeon does a cute pout of his lips, sliding his hands in his pockets. “Okay?” he raises an eyebrow.

“It’s either you’re gonna be a cover boy or just featured,” she shrugs her shoulders. “These kind of chances don’t get by very often so once you do get a chance, I hope you will accept the offer. It’s to showcase your potential Mr. Ok, I suggest that you take it.”

Yoona fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter