XXXV

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dad. Is what’s on her mind right now. She can only think of him and nothing else. Reaching the medical personnel by the desk, she asks for her father’s room politely.

“Excuse me, where is patient Im Seunghun’s room?” she tries to steady her breathing. Lucky she is feeling Taecyeon’s hand on her back which helps her to calm down.

“Im Seunghun is in the VIP room Miss Im. It’s down the hall, turn right and you’ll see a room at the far end,” instructs the nurse in a soft tone.

Yoona bows her head as she wastes no time. Taecyeon thanks the nurse on her behalf and catches up quickly. What might have happened to Mr. Im? He is hoping he is alright because he can’t stand seeing Yoona in a heavy burden than she already has. He turns right and notices Yoona entering the room in silence. He picks his speed up and join in shortly.

The tension in the room is heavy. Taecyeon’s mouth parts not expecting to see Mr. Im lying unconsciously on a hospital bed. Only the sound of the heartbeat monitor can be heard.

“Dad…” Yoona forces herself to take a step forward and stands by the edge of the bed. Her tears are already flowing. Next thing she knows, she is sobbing on top of her father’s arm.

Taecyeon can hear the sound of his heart breaking. He recognizes Taeyeon and Wooyoung in the room as well. He approaches Wooyoung with slow footsteps.

“What happened?”

Wooyoung folds his arms, one hand rubbing his temple. “He was shot,” he whispers, not wanting his sister to hear them.

“Shot? By whom?” Taecyeon widens his eyes in surprise.

“We don’t know but the police are investigating the case right now. We’ll be hearing from them later on.”

“Where did it happen?”

“At a charity event that my dad was helping in.”

Taecyeon shakes his head. “Who can do such things,” he mumbles, his hand forming into a fist. “I pray he will be better Wooyoung,” he says.

Wooyoung smiles warmly. “Thanks hyung,” he claps his hand on his shoulder. “Mind if you accompany Taeyeon down in the cafeteria? I’m worried since she hasn’t been eating since we’ve got here. She kept on telling me it’s fine.”

Taecyeon peeks over his shoulder watching his sister sleeping soundly on the couch. He walks over to the small figure and bends down slightly to tap her shoulder. Taeyeon stirrs in her sleep and rubs her eyes.

“Oppa?” she mutters half-asleep.

“Taeyeon let’s get something to eat,” he motions for her to stand up.

She obeys and tags along behind her brother. Once the door closes, Wooyoung fixes his gaze onto his sister who has apparently slept after some time of sobbing. He sits on the far end of the bed and exhales. The two most important people in his life are in pain and troubled. A tear manages to escape from his eye, not even bothering to wipe it away from his face.

Taeyeon strides toward her brother who is already up front. It didn’t take her much effort due to the fact that he is walking so slowly. They go to the cafeteria to grab something to eat.

“Here,” Taecyeon settles the tray in front of his sister. He got her a bowl of bibimbap.

“Thank you oppa,” she receives the pair of chopsticks he hands over. “When did you get here?”

“Just recently. Wooyoung told me you haven’t eaten since you’ve gotten here.”

“Mr. Im’s accident happened too suddenly,” she says. “Wooyoung got a call from the secretary.”

“They rushed Mr. Im to the hospital. Everything went too fast, that we can’t even get our heads into the situation at first.”

Taecyeon releases a long sigh, closing his eyes. “We have to figure out who is behind all this. It’s been such a rough day for them,” his voice hinting sadness.

Taeyeon caresses her brother’s hand. “Don’t worry it’s gonna be alright.”

 

Jonghyun is typing away at his desk in his own office. He feels restless after staining his friendship with Yoona. It’s a constant reminder to him that he is instilled with guilt each day whenever he hears about her hardships from the news. What’s worse is that his sister isn’t being humble in the situation at all. He prints out the review he just typed and gets up to deliver it to his father.

Voices. Jonghyun is one step away from his father’s office but the door is slightly ajar, enabling him to hear a conversation inside. Out of curiosity he leans his ear against the door.

“I’m impressed you managed to escape quickly,” that’s his father’s voice he is listening to.

“The crowd blocked me fortunately,” says a man’s voice whom Jonghyun doesn’t know.

“Good. Where was he shot?”

Who has been shot?

“I believe it aimed through his r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter