IX

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is this necessary?”

Taecyeon vision follows Yoona who is hopping from corner to corner, searching for a pair of khaki pants. They have been shopping for the past two hours and he is beyond amazed how she doesn’t find this boring. Girls. Shopping maniacs since puberty? More like since birth. Taecyeon guffaws at the thought.

“What are you laughing about?” he stops when Yoona stands in front of him. He blushes when the staffs in the store have their eyes on both of them. That’s embarrassing.

Clearing his throat, he stands still. “Nothing, nothing,” he stutters.

“Here you go!” she claps in excitement when she hands him a set of pants. “I think navy blue suits you too.”

Pierre carries the bundle of clothes to the counter, while Yoona swipes out her credit card. Taecyeon watches her carefully, as if it’s an interesting process to witness.

“You know I’m still on a million won debt,” he points out.

She wags a finger at him. “All of these are on me, so don’t sweat on it Taecyeon.”

“Wise,” he muses.

“Come back again Miss Im!” says the cashier, bowing politely at Yoona.

“Thank you, and I will,” Yoona smiles as she faces Taecyeon. “Let’s go.”

Before she can take another step forward, he grabs hold of her wrist.

“Okay hold on, where are we going?”

“Well it’s currently lunch time, do you wanna eat?”

“And where are we eating?” he asks, folding his arms.

She shrugs, “In a restaurant?”

An idea pops inside Taecyeon’s head, thinking of a brilliant plan of where he should take Yoona. He wants to be away from all of these fancy places, so why not give the busy streets a try?

“How about I take you somewhere else?” he says with a noticeable grin.

Yoona creases her brows. “What do you mean?”

“You had your fun, now I want mine!”

“You’re kidding me right?” she smiles but it fades when she receives no response from him. “Seriously?”

Taecyeon holds her hand swiftly, chuckling. “Come on let’s go!”

 

Unfamiliar. Yoona asks herself why she has agreed on letting Taecyeon to take her to these places out in the city. Not that she didn’t like it but everything feels foreign to her. But she goes with whatever Taecyeon is introducing to her and frankly, she is liking it. She has never been on a date with a man before, well more likely a commoner. Nevertheless, she is enjoying her time with him without knowing why she does. Does she like him? No it’s too soon for that. She clears her thoughts, paying attention to what Taecyeon is saying.

“Here try this,” he puts a piece of spicy rice cake in front of .

Yoona compresses her lips tight. “What is that?”

“It’s ddeokbokki. Come on you won’t regret it!” he urges on.

He is staring at her like a little puppy, begging for something. Now how can she refuse to those eyes? With a sigh escaping her lips she allows him to feed her. He pokes it inside , smiling as she chews on the street snack. This he finds extremely cute.

“So how is it?” his eyes waits in anticipation.

She nods her head, swallowing the food down . “It’s good,” she creases her brows, unable to believe how delicious it is.

“See,” he snickers. “Life along the streets is where you feel alive the most.”

Yoona switches her gaze from Taecyeon to Pierre who is stuffing himself with several street snacks. “Even your chaffeur over there is having a good time,” they laugh at the same time.

They take a long stroll, pausing at a park where they can see water fountains, children playing with bubbles and balloons. Taecyeon drags Yoona to a mini stall that is selling a few toys, accessories and candies.

“Yoona, I’ll buy you a headband so you’ll keep something as a souvenir,” he says with a wide grin, picking out a few quirky headbands.

She shakes her head, smiling. “I think I’ll pass,” her eyes roam over the rings that vary in different colors. She is staring at them until she didn’t notice Taecyeon purchasing an item.

“Thank you!” he grins as the stall owner gives him a small bag. “Okay, here let’s wear it and I won’t take no as answer.”

As consistent as he can get, Yoona gives up and wears a headband that has the antelopes of a deer. Taecyeon buys himself a headband with cat ears, laughing when he sees Yoona taking a look with the camera in her phone.

“Come on take a picture already! This is a crucial moment Yoona,” he continues blabbering nonsense from his mouth, immediately posing for the camera.

Yoona hesitates but positions the camera in front of them, taking a photo of them nicely. Taecyeon peeks over her shoulders, smiling at their photo.

She turns around, sighing.  “You’re weird Taecyeon.”

Taecyeon leans toward her face, her breathing speeding up as he did so. “Thank you,” he bites his lip, backing away with a charming eye smile.

“That’s it,” she removes the headband off her head. “We’re visiting your parents.”

 

Jiwon is humming to the music that is playing from the radio. She is making kimbap and bibimbap for dinner. It’s about time she should prepare a feast for the family, especially when Taecyeon has gotten a job from a fashion company. Jisub is reading the newspaper, casually sitting on the couch in their tiny living room. Taeyeon is folding the clothes while listening to music in her mini mp3 shuffle. A doorbell disturbs their errands.

“I’ll get it!” Taeyeon skips merrily to the front door, opening it hastily. “Oppa!” her eyes beaming at the presence of her brother.

Taecyeon hugs Taeyeon back, ruffling her hair. “Hey there Tae!”

Just as her gaze goes to another direction, Taeyeon’s mouth drops when she notices a young woman behind her brother. “Aren’t you Im Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter