XX

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona glances at her watch, her eyes shooting sparks at the employees coming in leisurely. It’s 9:05 AM in the morning, but employees have to submit their attendance before nine o’clock sharp. Even if it’s a minute late, being on time is a crucial rule to follow.

“Everyone get to work this instant! Why are you taking your own sweet time strolling in here?” she snaps, her voice echoing in the now silent atmosphere.

No one dares to look back and apologize to their boss, because they know when she flares up like that, it is better to act right away than to stand there and doze off. The President has her arms crossed, tapping her foot impatiently on the floor. She observes all of her employees swiping their I.D.’s in a blink of an eye, disappearing quickly from the lobby. Marching up to the reception desk, she flings off her sunglasses as she faces the female receptionist intently.

“Good morning Miss Im,” Hyoyeon bows her head, her voice small and calm.

“Those who came in after nine, please give them a warning. Understand?” she says, her eyebrow cocking up.

Hyoyeon nods obediently. “I will, Miss Im.”

With that, she heads directly inside the lift pressing the floor button where her office is located at. Letting out a loud sigh, she massages the bridge of her nose. Not much of a bad mood but rather annoyed and she’s not a person you can mess with, right at the moment. What causes her to be like this? Yeonhee. Or maybe Yeonhee being with Taecyeon. Repeating the scene in the mall doesn’t help her mood at all, it’s eating her inside and out. She’s kind of upset with Taecyeon too, for hanging out with Yeonhee. What is happening right now? Why is he seeing her?

But he’s not your boyfriend yet.

Wincing at that part, she runs a palm down her face. That’s true, Taecyeon hasn’t even ask her out yet or anything like that. She’s treating him as if he’s taken by her, so that he’ll be marked as unavailable to other women who may hit on him. Unfortunately, he’s not hers yet so she can’t do that. She can’t be ridiculous about this. But why does she feel so enraged? Like she’s burning up whenever she thinks about it.

“Morning Miss Im,” greets the executives from their seats in the conference room.

“Yes, let’s proceed,” Yoona says without greeting back.

Seulong clears his throat. “Next month will be November, and we’ve decided the outer wear will be a poncho. What do you think Miss Im?”

Scribbling a few things on her note pad, she lifts her gaze to Seulong. “Poncho? That’s what all of you have come up with?” she sighs. “No, save the poncho for April or May.”

Sooyoung glances down on her pad, “What about denim jackets Miss Im?”

“We did denim jackets last year, we should be different this time.”

“How about blazers Miss Im?” asks Yonghwa.

“No we’ll keep that for February, does someone have anything else in mind?” she questions, a little displeased.

Yuri raises her hand, which Yoona nods her head at. “I’ve been thinking about parkas Miss Im, as the featured outer wear for November,” she suggests calmly.

“Parka?” tapping the pen on her chin, she nods. “Parka it shall be then. Do we have any other events coming up?”

“None, Miss Im.”

“Good, prepare the designs and show them to me by the end of the week. You’re dismissed.”

As they wait for the President to leave the room, the executives exchange glances at each other. Seulong loosens his tie, tossing the pen on the table.

“What’s wrong with her today?”

Sooyoung shrugs her shoulders. “I heard she’s not in a good mood earlier because of a few late comers.”

“We had a few late comers yesterday but she was totally fine with it,” Chansung sighs, rubbing his forehead.

Yonghwa taps his fingers on the surface of the table. “That’s strange, her mood changed in less than a day?”

“What could it be?” Yuri asks herself, pursing her lips as she watches the others throw out their guesses.

 

Meanwhile, in the fashion studio, Yoona examines the trainees closely. Watching them like a hawk has become her thing to do and the trainees can feel the disturbing pressure within them as she makes her presence. All of them are doing well, so there is no reason for her to throw a fit. Her silence is enough to assure the trainees that they’re doing the right thing.

“Be aware that you should be finished by the end of the week,” she reminds casually, going around each table in slow circles.

“Yes, Miss Im,” they reply in unison.

“Show me the best you’ve got since half of you will be eliminated.”

Although she doesn’t want to say that, she has to. She’s a designer herself and she hates to see some go, because they didn’t reach their goals. Well, reality’s tough and she has to remind herself that only the best ones reach out the farthest.

“Chop, chop off to work!”

Krystal enters the studio, approaching her boss quietly. “The magazines are on your desk Yoona-ssi,” she whispers.

“Alright, I’ll check them out.”

Yoona travels back to her office to see the magazines herself. Reviewing them one by one, her eyes lazily scan through each page, flipping it to the next one after she does so. Placing the next magazine in front of her, the name gains her attention.

“High Cut?” she says.

Finally remembering Taecyeon did a pictorial for High Cut magazine, she randomly checks on their website in her laptop. The models featured in Vol. 113 which is the issue for the following month has her dumbfounded. In and out of shock.

“She already started,” she spits out bitterly. “I knew I had a suspicious feeling about his offered pictorial.”

Her nostrils flare at the sight of Taecyeon and Yeonhee sitting side by side, posing comfortably in front of the camera. They’re appearing really close to each other, it’s making her blood boil. The pictures are too much for her to take, she closes the tab immediately, shutting her laptop in the process.

“Jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter