XXV

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wooyoung parks his car at a free parking lot right in front of the building, where Taeyeon’s studio is located at. He turns off the engine but checks his hair one last time in the rear view mirror. Appearing fine and energetic, he closes the car door shut and locking it automatically by pressing the button on his car keys. He whistles as he climbs up the stairs and looks for the studio, glancing casually on the paper Taeyeon has written for him.

“Unit 203,” he says, searching around. “There you are!” he grins, pointing at a door with the numbers two, zero and three on it. He knocks onto the door, awaiting for someone to open it.

“Who is it?”

Wooyoung faces a man who appears to be Taeyeon’s personal instructor. Her instructor is attractive as well, tall, fit with a growing facial hair on his face. He is still appearing young, in his early thirties or something. There goes his senses thinking if Taeyeon ever liked her instructor before. “Hello, I came to see Ok Taeyeon. Is she here?”

“Yes she’s here, but aren’t you Wooyoung? The singer?” the man mentions with a smile, pushing his black wayfarer glasses to the bridge of his nose.

“You’re right, I am Wooyoung.”

“Oh! Come in, please!”

Wooyoung smiles at the instructor again as he bows his head before stepping inside the recording studio. Inside the isolation booth, he catches a glimpse of Taeyeon reading the lyrics with full attention. She looks admirable, but then again she always does. His heart skips a beat whenever he looks at her. It makes him feel complete.

“By the way, I’m Tony Choi her instructor for alomost two years now.”

“Ah, yes. It’s nice to meet you sir,” Wooyoung shakes hands with him politely.

“Wooyoung-ssi, do you want to hear her? She has no idea you’re here yet.”

“I’ll be glad to hear her.”

He puts on the headphones, waiting patiently for Taeyeon’s voice to echo in his ears. Tony presses a button, leaning forward to speak into the microphone.

“Alright Taeyeon, are you ready?”

Wooyoung hides quickly in order for Taeyeon not to recognize him. “Yes!” he hears her shout.

Soon, Taeyeon does her magic by pouring out her feelings into the song. Wooyoung grows addictive to her voice instantly, it’s so soothing, gentle and breathtaking. She has the ability to put him to sleep if she sings a lullaby, able to amaze him if she does a high note. Taeyeon really has a potential to be singer and Wooyoung can’t be happier to anticipate her success in the future. Maybe he’ll introduce her to the music industry, or do a collaboration with her. Whatever her decisions will be, he’ll look forward to it.

“Well done Tae!” beams Tony as he stands up to give a short applause.

Taeyeon smiles back at her mentor, gasping when her eyes fall onto Wooyoung’s figure. He is clapping too, no doubt he heard her voice. She removes the headphones, rushing out of the booth to greet him.

“You’re here!” she says hugging him.

“Yes, I am,” he chuckles, planting a kiss on her forehead. “You were absolutely mesmerizing in there. It’s like  you were born to sing!”

“Thanks, Woo. Oh did you meet my teacher Mr. Choi?”

Tony folds his arms, smiling at the couple. “Wow Taeyeon, you two look good together. Now I know why you’re doing so well right now,” he teases.

“Stop it,” she shakes her head, giggling. “So how did I do Mr. Choi?”

“Stunning as usual, you did better compared to last time. You nailed the ending!”

“Great!”

“Okay, hold on I’ll be back to get a music sheet. You two remain here.”

As they are left alone, Wooyoung pouts as he remembers something. Taeyeon notices the change in his expression.

“What’s wrong?”

“Did you like your instructor before?” he asks, creasing his brows.

Taeyeon bursts into a bubble of laughter, adoring Wooyoung’s jealousy. “Are you being jealous right now?”

“Hm, yeah.”

“I did,” she nods which he pretends to gasp in shock. “I had a crush on him the very first time I met him.”

“You’re so delusional,” he mutters.

“I’m with you right now, doesn’t that assure you enough?”

“Nope, you can’t like someone else. Unfortunately,” he snickers with an evil smirk.

“You have nothing to worry about since my mentor has a girlfriend himself.”

“Oh!” he smiles in relief. “Well then, I’ll be at ease when you’re here.”

Taeyeon laughs again, throwing her head back as she punches him lightly on his chest. Wooyoung joins in her laughter, pulling her close to him when his arms go around her waist.

“Am I interrupting something?”

Tony stands in the doorway, grinning at them. Wooyoung scratches his head, shrugging his shoulders innocently. Taeyeon blushes, turning away from her mentor.

“Oh you two,” Tony shakes his head. “Here I have a song for you to do a duet.”

Wooyoung grabs the lyric sheet, looking up at the title. “Ra.D’s Thank You.”

“I love that song!” cheers Taeyeon from the side, clapping her hands.

“Alright let’s test it out then.”

Wooyoung links his hand with Taeyeon’s as they head inside the booth together.

 

“Excuse me?”

Yoona up a brow at her executives. Seulong and Yuri prevent themselves to laugh, looking away from their boss. Seohyun is pretending to read the magazine in front of her, Yonghwa is exchanging witty glances at Chansung. Sooyoung, one of the masterminds of the plan, smiles innocently at their President.

“Miss Im, it’s Younique’s fifth anniversary so we should do something special for the company. You as the front cover of December’s issue. This pictorial will be a good one, you know,” she reasons, adding in some gestures.

“A pictorial? For December’s issue? For the anniversary?” their boss questions consecutively.

“Yes Miss Im, it’s a first for the company,” Seulong helps Sooyoung with her reasoning.

Yoona draws in a breath and sighs, tapping her pen on the surface of the table. Why are they suggesting this all of a sudden? It’s true that it’s Younique’s anniversary next month but what’s with this special request?

“Okay, so bottomline is that I’ll be a model?”

“Yes!” they nod their heads in agreement.

Strange. They all feel eager about this, but she wipes the thought off. “Okay then…” she answers.

“Splendid! It’ll be tomorrow afternoon Miss Im.”

“Tomorrow? It’s tomorrow?”

“Apparently, since the studio will be all prepared for the pictorial Miss Im.”

The executives hold themselves back by cheering out loud, screaming with joy in their heads instead.

Next day, everyone clasp their hands together as they pray their plan will motivate Taecyeon and Yoona successfully. Nichkhun shares some helpful tips and advices for him on how he should confront Yoona, Krystal reminds the hairdresser and make-up artist to do a good job on his charms and Sooyoung, Seulong and Yuri tells Jokwon about their plan beforehand which he has no problems of. Jokwon says he’ll take care of it, so the three masterminds are comfortable with him taking in charge of the pictorial.

Yoona marches inside the modeling studio, her head high and her mind alert in the surroundings as she catch sight of the photography crew setting up the place thoroughly.

“Miss Im! You’re here!”

Jokwon skips over to the President, bowing graciously. “It’s your very first pictorial in Younique, and I can’t believe this day has come,” he says.

“Quite so,” she nods.

“Alright, at your dressing room the executives have picked out of what you’re showcasing. They’re eventually composed of your best collections in Younique. So, off to change dear!”

Obeying the photographer’s orders, she let herself be dolled up in the dresses she made. She runs her fingers through the texture of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter