XIX

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona puckers up as she positions the bright red lipstick in front of her lips, her eyes glancing at the side. Wit her hair in soft curls, and her make-up light and appealing, she’s currently doing a photoshoot and filming for Innisfree as an endorsement. Usually these types of endorsements are the ones that branch out her popularity so, she’s pretty well-known among the public for her captivating beauty.

“One, two, three!” off goes the flash of the camera, as Yoona sits in a white convertible pretending to put on her lipstick in front of a red light.

“Very nice Miss Im!” praises the photographer, as he takes a good look of her candid shot. “Let’s take five.”

She opens the car door, making her way over to the resting area in the filming site. Pulling out a mirror from her purse to check her appearance, a certain someone sits beside her which she is unaware about until the familiar voice is rings into her ear.

“Jonghyun!” she gasps in surprise. “What are you doing here?” she puts down her mirror and turns her chair to face him.

“Told you, I would visit you frequently in order to pay up for the days we haven’t been seeing each other,” he shrugs his shoulder, smiling right at her. “How are you?”

Yoona smiles brightly. “I’m doing great as you can see I’m filming and having a pictorial at the same time. Quite busy but it’s okay,” she says.

“As expected, you’re the Innisfree girl,” Jonghyun beams, throwing a wink.

“So what’s the manager up to these days?” she smirks, grabbing the cup of coffee in her hand.

“Just reviewing all the financial documents, it’s a piece of cake actually.”

“Oh really?” she raises an eyebrow. “As expected, you’re the heir of the Lee’s.”

Jonghyun grins, leaning back as he continues to stare at Yoona. “Can I visit you often at work? Like just dropping by in your studio or something. I can take you to dinner, and maybe even watch a movie afterwards some time. How’d that sound Miss Im?” his eyes begging for her to say yes.

Yoona looks down at the cup she’s holding, tapping her finger on its side. She has mixed feelings about this. Not knowing whether it’s a good idea to catch up with Jonghyun in the time being, when she’s finally getting her chance to open up to Taecyeon. But she feels like she’s turning down their friendship if she doesn’t agree to his request. After all, Jonghyun has been a special friend to her but that’s as far as their relationship can go, to be bestfriends and to remain as bestfriends. She is thinking whether Jonghyun is catching up with her this time because he must’ve  thought he has a chance of being with her. Although Yoona herself has no feelings toward Jonghyun at all, not even a slight bit of spark. She definitely knows who she likes and we all know who that is. To make it clear for everyone, once Yoona likes someone, her mind only thinks about him, her eyes focus only on him and her heart skips a beat only for him. Only him. Other than that, the boundaries are limited.

If ever Jonghyun may reach to a point where she senses he’s crossing the line, she’ll be honest and straightforward, making it clearing for him that she is not his possible girlfriend or some sort, relating to that topic. For now, he’s safe and she sees no reason why she should turn down his offer.

“Sure! You’re welcome to come by to my fashion studio anytime and I’ll take it Mr. Lee,” she chuckles.

For the rest of the break time, they talk a little more about work and their families. To her, Jonghyun’s boundary now exists.

 

Wooyoung wipes the sweat forming on his forehead, carefully typing the lyrics on the screen. As you may know, he’s been working on a song dedicated to Taeyeon and he’s pretty excited about this mini project of his. This day is important to him because he’s gonna be asking Taeyeon to be his girlfriend for the first time. And it’s gonna be a special one. Well, at least he assumes it’s gonna be a special moment to him. After preparing what he is going to bring for this anticipated event, he drives off to Taeyeon’s floral boutique.

“Hello beautiful!” his voice echoes in the quiet boutique, startling Taeyeon at the counter.

“Wooyoung! I thought you’re busy today?” she asks.

“I am, and I’ll be getting busy once we go out.”

“Go out? We?”

“Yeah, I’m thinking you should close early today because I want to take you somewhere,” he explains, grinning from ear to ear.

Taeyeon sighs, shaking her head at him. “I’ve closed the shop early for you the other day Wooyoung, I can’t possibly do it again or I’ll be forced out of this unit.”

Wooyoung nods, stepping forward to the counter. “Okay I tell you this, you won’t be worrying about this shop after this day and I promise we won’t close it early again. Please? Just this time?” he pouts, staring at her with pleading eyes.

Taeyeon shifts her gaze back to Wooyoung, sighing again as she gives up by giving him a small nod.

“Just this time mister,” she smiles.

“Cross my heart,” he pretends to cross his heart on his chest, earning a light chuckle form her.

Wooyoung willingly lets Taeyeon in his car first before he enters second. Thinking on how she will react later, a smile crosses his face. Taeyeon plays with her fingers, gazing out of the window out of boredom. Where can he possibly take her to this time? She got into trouble last time she closed the shop early since she didn’t make much profits out of that day. Now, she doesn’t want that to happen again. But Wooyoung has his ways to convince her, unable to resist his stunning charms. Well, Wooyoung says he’ll take care of it so she’ll let him pass this time.

About ten minutes until they reach their location, Taeyeon circles on her spot to observe the surroundings. Why are we here? Wooyoung pulls out a big bouquet of white roses, mentioning Taeyeon to come with him. They are at a graveyard site, apparently heading to his mother’s grave.

She sees him putting the bouquet down gently, slightly touched by his actions.

“Taeyeon, meet my mom, Im Sekyung,” he shows off a proud smile. “Mom! This is Taeyeon, a very special someone to me.”

She gives a proper bow in front of his mother’s grave. “It’s nice to meet you Mrs. Im. I’m Ok Taeyeon, Wooyoung’s friend. You have a very talented son i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter