XXIII

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The young couple sings to the music playing on the radio as they drive along the road. Wooyoung nods his head, keeping up with the beat as Taeyeon’s voice soothes the atmosphere.

“You’re getting better Tae!” he praises with a smile.

“Thanks,” she giggles, glancing at him for a second then back at the window. “Are we visiting your studio again?”

“Not today,” he purses his lips. “I have something else in mind for us this evening.”

Taeyeon’s face lights up, smiling brightly at Wooyoung. She likes it whenever he says something like that, plans for them even though she has no clue about it. Now she’s beginning to like his surprises even more, showing how much he likes her through his endless efforts. She is rather feeling lucky to be with him also considering the fact that he’s a celebrity but he chose her out of hundreds of pretty girls he can possibly be with. Respect. Yes, she does respect him for that, grateful even. Those are little things about Wooyoung that intrigues her.

Wooyoung takes her to the mall, attracting attention from the public as they stroll through some of the outlets. Several fans come up to him for a picture and an autograph, others ask if he is with his girlffriend which in this case is, Taeyeon.

“She looks really pretty,” grins a teenaged girl in her school uniform. “Last long!” she bows before catching up with her group of friends.

Taeyeon smiles, covering in embarrassment. “What’s wrong?” he says turning her around to face him.

“Are you okay with this? Going public about your relationship?” she asks timidly.

Wooyoung shakes his head, stifling a laugh. “I care less about the paparazzis Tae,” he links his fingers with hers. “It’s my life, so why should I keep hiding?”

“Won’t you lose fans?”

“Well then, we can just say that they’re not even my fans from the beginning,” he sighs. “True fans stay no matter what,” he smiles. “Besides, it doesn’t stop me from writing music. I’ll do what I like and I’ll just keep my fans happy with my music. Isn’t that sufficient for me?”

Taeyeon nods her head. “I guess so.”

“Okay enough of this, what do you want to eat?”

“Ice cream!” she raises her fist up like a kid.

Wooyoung ruffles her hair, “You’re such a ten year old,” he teases.

They hop off to an ice cream parlor, ordering a few treats of delight with the flavours of chocolate and vanilla. They spoil themselves with devil’s food, a peppermint ice cream on top of a moist chocolate brownie.

“It’s been a long time since I’ve had this,” her eyes go wide at the beaming dessert, her lips hungrily.

“How come?”

“Last time Taecyeon oppa and I visited these kind of places was last year during christmas.”

“What! Why so?”

“Well, we don’t spend lavishly you know,” she blushes as he catches the hint.

Wooyoung feeds her with a smal scoop, Taeyeon accepting it eagerly. “If you say so, I’ll treat you to ice cream whenever you want it okay?”

Taeyeon smirks, “You’re flattering me too much.”

“I hear no complaints from you anyway,” he chuckles.

Becoming dark outside, it’s time for Taeyeon to be back home. Not that she has a curfew or anything but she likes to be at home before eight or nine, never once pass ten. Also the fact that her parents may ask where she is, not wanting to bring any concerns to them. Wooyoung respects that and he drops her off by the sidewalk getting out of his car as well.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then?” he says, grinning.

Taeyeon taps her chin pretending to think. “Maybe.”

“Maybe?”

“I have to practice my vocals tomorrow, I didn’t attend one last week because of you,” she sighs.

Wooyoung pouts, acting that he’s hurt. “Well you didn’t tell me either!”

“Okay, you can call me or something.”

“I want to join you,” he begs. “Please?”

Taeyeon smiles again, unable to resist his plea. “Fine, you can drive us there then.”

“Great! Goodnight Tae!”

“Goodnight Wooyoung,” she surprises him with an unexpected hug.

Wooyoung leans forward, planting a kiss on her forehead. Taeyeon blushes at the contact, gazing up into his eyes shimmering with warmth. Her heart flutters whenever he stares back at her, and for him, he feels the same way.

 

Punching in the password, the door unlocks as Wooyoung steps inside their suite. Whistling in a soft hum, his ears prick up at the sound of gagging in the bathroom. He walks toward the light source, not expecting to find his sister throwing up at the sink.

“Yoona!” he runs over to her, her back in concern. “What’s happening to you?” he asks, bending over to check her face, appearing flushed and weary.

Yoona doesn’t respond anything in return as she gags again, turning on the faucet to rinse and sprinkle a few drops of water on her face. She turns around, smiling wryly at her brother.

“Wooyoung…” she mutters. “Did you know that,” a hiccup interrupts her sentence. “I like Ok Taecyeon?” she confesses in an unaware state.

“Um…no?” he says, still confused at what she is referring to.

Her eyes barely open and her movements swaying to and fro, obviously drunk from the alcohol she drank. Giggling she starts off, “He is a very, very, very attractive man and I grew really fond of him,” she continues with her incomprehensible mutters.

Sighing, Wooyoung supports her to stand up by holding onto her arm. “What has gotten into her?” he mumbles to himself.

“But!” she exclaims, holding up her index finger. “He is just so stupid!” she whines, flailing her arms around.

“Hm,” he replies, still supporting her by the elbow.

“Can someone just…” she trails off, eventually falls forward and drops her head onto Wooyoung’s shoulder.

“Why on earth have you been drinking again,” he says shaking his head.

Wooyoung exhales a sigh, carrying Yoona in a swift move as he takes her to her bedroom. After placing her on the bed, he damps a small towel in the bathroom. He is familiar with this because there was one time that Yoona got drunk one night until she passed out right when they entered their suite. He takes care of her like he always does when they were kids. Walking back to her room, he wipes her face in a slow manner, cleaning her forehead, cheeks and lips. Then he wonders about what she said earlier about Taecyeon. Why was she talking about him? But what surprises him more is that she actually confessed out loud, although he knows that she is drunk.

“Get some good rest sis,” he says, caressing her hand.

And off he goes to his own bedroom to get some sleep.

 

Yoona stretches her arms above her head, yawning in the process. Her eyes flutter open, checking the time on her night stand. About eight o’clock in the morning, she buries her head back into the softness of her pillow. Running her hand through her ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter