VIII

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week since their last awkward encounter, Yoona tries her best to focus on the meeting. It was kind of embarrassing, now that she thinks of it. She shouldn't have went in the dressing room with him. It was stupid. Well, I think it was stupid. But now she knows, Taecyeon is a precious man indeed. It's actually her first time seeing a man half- up close. She blushes, trying to hide her cheeks with her palms. She didn’t visit him during that period. She let Krystal do the checking in the time being. She find it frustrating when Taecyeon can’t get out of her mind. Like, he’s  lost in her head most of the time, not knowing the way out of it. He has been haunting in her dreams too. Just stop it already! She massages her temples with her fingers, calming herself down. You have work to do.

“Miss Im, we have another fashion show next week and it’s about autumn collections,” Seohyun reads what is written on the papers. “Should we begin choosing now?”

“Oh right,” Yoona says abruptly, waking herself up. “Yes we can do that.”

“Seulong and I shall be making the arrangements Miss Im,” Yuri says, glancing at Seulong for approval.

“That’s great. I’ll be reviewing them over the weekend then. You’re dismissed,” Yoona rises from her seat and leaves the room briskly.

“Are you alright Yoona-ssi?” her assistant asks in concern.

Yoona shows a light smile. “I’m fine Krystal, thank you.”

“It’s a long day huh?”

“I know. Please have my coat and bag ready, I’m going home.”

Krystal pulls out her phone. “Right away Miss Im.”

Yoona wears her black trench coat, draping her handbag on her arm. Greeting Pierre with a smile, she gets in the car.

“Ready for a beauty sleep Miss Im?” Pierre smiles, starting the engine.

Nodding, she leans her head on the window. “Absolutely.”

While staring outside the window, the car pauses to a stop at a busy intersection.

“I’m sorry Miss Im, the traffic is heavy tonight,” Pierre apologizes in advance.

Yoona shakes her head. “It’s okay Pierre.”

A man who appears drunk earns her attention. The window scrolls down, she narrows her eyes at the man swaying to and fro on a stool. Taecyeon? Her eyes can’t fool her, the man who is drunk turns out to be no other than Ok Taecyeon. Two older men sit at his table, and she widens her eyes when a punch lands on Taecyeon’s face. Without further a do, she tells Pierre to park at the side as she gets out of the car.

“Miss Im!” Pierre rushes to Yoona’s side. “What’s wrong?”

“Pierre, please handle those two men for me,” Yoona’s eyes are shooting sparks when she sees Taecyeon’s lip bleeding. “Taecyeon!” she bends down, pulling Taecyeon up from the floor. “Wake up you idiot!”

Luckily, Pierre is having no problem with the men who are fighting back. They cause quite a scene in a soju place, the others are staring bewildered at them.

“Don’t mess with us!” grumbles the tall, buff man.

“This is none of your business,” the man with tattoos all over his body groans at Pierre.

Pierre tilts his head to the side, bringing a massive knee kick into their crotches. “It’s me, who you wouldn’t like to mess with.”

“Miss Im…” Taecyeon mumbles wearily. “What are you doing?” he coughs.

Yoona sighs, pulling his arms up. “Come on I’ll get you back to my place. You’re wounded!” she hisses, eyeing on his scars and bruises. “Pierre, let’s go!”

“Where to Miss Im?” says Pierre after carrying Taecyeon to the backseat.

“Back to my place, he needs to be treated.”

A long silence follows as they cruise back to the hotel. Yoona turns to Taecyeon who is snoring away. She smiles. Looking out the window, she feels something heavy on her right shoulder. Finding out what it is, her heart flutters at the feeling of Taecyeon’s head on her shoulder. Although he reeks the smell of alcohol, she lets him sleep in peace.

 

Taecyeon wakes up, finding himself lying in an unexpectingly soft and huge bed. Where am I? His eyes scan the area as he comes to a conclusion where he figures he is in a luxurious bedroom. As weird as it can be, he sits up still and freaks out when the clothes he is wearing are not his. Who dares to strip him without his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter