XI

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There is a frown on her face, and she doesn’t even notice it herself. Yoona has her sunglasses on, not bothering to take them off when she enters the lift with Krystal. Normally she would take it off once she’s in the building but her mood doesn’t seem to fit her usual routine this morning. Krystal standing beside her, knows her boss well and whenever this happens, the best thing she can do is to not say a thing. Apart from her schedule for the day, that is.

“What do we have for today Krystal?” her boss speaks in a nonchalant voice.

Krystal’s eyes scan the list of things on her clipboard. “A meeting with the executives, do a quick check up on the trainees, and that’s it for the day Yoona-ssi. Just the usual.”

Yoona pulls off her sunglasses, tossing them onto her desk. She rests against her swivel chair, massaging her temples to relieve the small headache.

“Are you alright Yoona-ssi? Should I get you tea?” her assistant asks quietly.

“I’m fine, thank you,” Yoona replies with a soft smile. “Can you bring in the magazines I was reviewing yesterday?”

“Right away, Yoona-ssi.”

Yoona’s head drops back against the top of her chair. What could have possibly made her in such a bad mood this morning? Backtracking the events from yesterday, she met Yeonhee which was an automatic turn off and also not to mention, the jealousy she has felt between Taecyeon and Suzy’s interaction. Okay, maybe those are sufficient reasons of why she feels like it’s a dark and stormy weather outside.

“But why are you jealous?” she asks herself. Why? Yoona appears to be stuck on that question. She remind herself over and over that she shouldn’t be feeling things for Taecyeon and also because they’re not in a relationship or anything. It’s just an employer and employee kind of thing. But no.

She doesn’t feel that way towards Taecyeon. There is something else and she has yet to figure it out what it is.

 

“Yoona-ssi, someone’s wanting to meet you and he’s sitting at your table in the cafeteria,” Krystal informs her boss promptly.

“A guy? At my table?” she questions, clutching onto her phone. She doesn’t remember anyone asking for a meet-up today.

“Yes.”

Yoona goes to the cafeteria, finding out for herself. As her eyes lift up from the phone screen, it widens when it realizes a special someone sitting casually at her table. A smile forms on her face, running towards the guy who is looking at her direction.

“Jonghyun!” she grins, giving him a light, friendly hug.

The guy, Jonghyun, chuckles as he accepts the warm greeting. “Well hello, Yoona,” he says, ending the hug shortly. “How are you?”

“I’m fine,” she smiles. Well, not really. But nevertheless, she is glad to see her good friend again. “It’s so great to see you again!”

Jonghyun bows his head shyly. “Me too, I’ve been wanting to see you but work’s holding me back.”

“Well we can catch up, come let’s eat!”

They sit at her table, Jonghyun sits across from Yoona as her personal waiter serves their meals. Yoona met Jonghyun through Yeonhee, since he is Yeonhee’s little brother after all. Jonghyun became bestfriends with Yoona when they went to the same midde school and high school together. Even though Yoona fought with Yeonhee, Jonghyun was her shoulder to cry on. That was what Yoona was grateful for. Eventually, they grew older and got busier because of their corresponding jobs they have to do. Jonghyun is the manager of the Lee Enterprises, one of the prestigious business companies in Seoul. He is also next in line for taking the ‘President’ title, after his father steps down.

 

Taecyeon taps his chopsticks onto his plate full of jajangmyeon. His gaze constantly switches from his plate to Yoona’s table. The table he is sitting at is a few tables away from the left to hers.

“And who is that?” he mentions the guy across Yoona.

Nichkhun turns his head to the side. “That’s Jonghyun, Yoona’s bestfriend.”

“Her bestfriend?”

“Yeah, why?”

Taecyeon pretends to shrug. “Nothing, it’s a first time for me.”

Someone’s laugh prevents Taecyeon from taking a bite. He tilts his head to the side again, glancing at Yoona laughing at a joke that Jonghyun must’ve said. Once again, he looks like he doesn’t ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter