XII

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m home!”

Taecyeon shrugs his shoes off by the door, entering the living room only to see his father watching the television alone. Jisub glances from the screen to his son for a split second.

“Taecyeon, have you taken your dinner?”

His son nods. “Where’s umma? Taeyeon?”

“Your umma is calculating the bills due, your sister is sleeping already,” Jisub reminds, not taking off his eyes away from the news.

It’s pass nine when Taecyeon reaches their apartment. He didn’t take the public transportation back home, but he walked home so that he could have some time to ponder about several things. Now that he is back in his room, he thinks again before going to sleep. The lights are off, as he circles around Taeyeon, careful not to step on her legs. He settles himself beside his sister, lying back down on the pillow gently. His arms cross, placing them behind his head as he stares at the ceiling.

Just forget about it. But he can’t. What is Taecyeon thinking about? Nothing else but the moment between him and Yoona. It’s the first time he is jealous of a man interacting with Yoona and it’s also his first time to feel so nervous about a lady, which is of course Yoona in general. It’s not that Taecyeon has no clue about relationships, he knows how they work and stuff but he just doesn’t expect it to happen to him. He has seen a few attractive girls, but that’s just how far he can get, nothing more than that. He is a guy after all, checking out ladies is part of their nature as a man. He is foreign with unusual feelings like a pitapat of his heart, sn invasion of butterflies in his stomach and the beads of sweat forming on his forehead. It happens when I see Yoona. Why? He is stuck with that question too. In the lift, he knew what was coming. It was something called a kiss. If the moment happened, he can consider it as his first kiss. Everything that is happening so far is all new to him, he finds it very perplexing. He needs a while to figure all of these out, and so he shall. Step by step.

 

Coming out from the shower with her hair smooth and dry, she puts on a nightgown and sits at the edge of her king sized bed. Just like Taecyeon, Yoona is thinking about what their moments mean. Do I like him? She has yet to reach that stage because everything is such a blur in her perspective, she has to observe it carefully. She doesn’t jump into conclusions like that, no, it takes time. A kiss. Yes, she knew what was coming as well. It may have been her first kiss too.

“Yoona.”

A familiar voice brings her back to reality, her thoughts fading. Yoona stands up, opening the door and walks slowly into the dining room. Noticing the figure is in the kitchen, grabbing something from the fridge, she approaches the kitchen counter and takes a seat on a stool. She props her elbows on the surface of the counter, a yawn escaping her lips.

“You’re back?” she says quietly.

Her brother closes the fridge after grabbing a tub of vanilla ice cream and a can of soda. He pours a glass of water for his sister, sliding it across the counter.

“Thanks,” Yoona mumbles as she catches it with both of her hands.

Wooyoung settles on the stool beside his sister, handing her a spoon as they share the tub of ice cream together. Eating ice cream at exactly midnight is what Wooyoung and Yoona enjoy doing, appreciating the small chats, and advices to each other. It’s a precious sibling bonding time for them.

“I figured…” Wooyoung pauses as he scoops out a spoonful of ice cream, “that I’ll be staying here for a while,” he finishes after swallowing the frozen treat.

Yoona says nothing for several seconds until she shoots him a glance. “Why?”

“I’ve finally concluded my schedule. I’m done with promotions and I want to take a break,” he explains. “Besides, I miss this Yoona. I miss this a lot and I’m sorry,” he whispers.

Her heart softens at his honesty. “I miss this too Wooyoung…” she mutters. “I wish we could start spending more time with each other,” she suggests. “Ever since mom…” her voice cracks, preventing her to continue.

Wooyoung sets his spoon aside and pulls Yoona in for a longing embrace. He can hear his sister sobbing lightly, her tears wetting the fabric on his shoulders. He her back in a slow caress, just like how their mother would soothe them.

“I’m sorry Yoona,” he closes his eyes. “It’s okay, we’re gonna be together now. You, me and dad. I promise,” he whispers into her ear softly.

Yoona sniffs, letting her tears flow. “Don’t leave us again like last time, please,” she says like a desperate plea.

“I won’t, I’m sure of that,” he reassures her again.

They remain in their arms for mere minutes until Wooyoung releases his sister, wiping her tears away gently. Ever since their mom died, Wooyoung left Yoona and Seunghun for two years. He disappeared and Yoona felt completely lost without her older brother. Seunghun was too depressed with Sekyung’s death that he didn’t bother about his son who went m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter