XXXVI

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghun receives his kidney transplant days later which didn’t take long at all. He is staying at the hospital for almost a week but Yoona and Wooyoung are fine with that as long as their father is healthy again. Taecyeon and Taeyeon have been visiting Seunghun to check on his health too.

“Hello Mr. Im,” Taecyeon bows at the man lying on the hospital bed.

Taeyeon copies her brother’s actions. “How are you sir?”

Seunghun flashes a smile, gesturing for the younger lad and girl to come closer. “I’m fine thank you. What about you guys?’

“We’re fine sir, we’re praying for you to get better soon.”

“Thank you,” Seunghun rests his hand on Taecyeon’s arm. “I want you to know that I’m grateful for the both of you to be here with us. For taking care of my daughter and son,” he glances at Yoona and Wooyoung teasingly.

Taecyeon rubs the nape of his neck. “Oh it’s not a problem Mr. Im…” he tries to grin.

Taeyeon fiddles with the hem of her skirt. “We’re honored to be here Mr. Im.”

Seunghun shakes his head. “Don’t call me Mr. Im anymore. You two have gained my respect so please call me dad,” he says with much sincerity in his voice.

They bow ninety degrees in front of the older one again, pretty much thankful for his humble words. Wooyoung crosses his arms, biting his lip as he didn’t imagine this one coming that soon. Yoona feels the same way as her heart is throbbing with joy, observing the interaction between Taecyeon and her father. A knock on the door sends Wooyoung flying towards it.

“Hey guys!” beams Wooyoung as he allows the group to enter.

Yoona stands up and grins widely when she notices Sooyoung, Yuri and Seulong carrying baskets full of fruits and organic food. They place it on the table, approaching the patient next.

“How are you doing Mr. Im!” snickers Seulong lifting the mood up in the room. “We’ve brought you presents sir.”

Yuri and Sooyoung gestures at the nice wrapped baskets on the table. “They’re fruits for you Mr. Im! On behalf of the executive team, we wish for you to get better.”

Seunghun laughs heartily. “Thank you very much Seulong, Yuri and Sooyoung. Didn’t expect you to come.”

“We decided to visit earlier but you were having the transplant.”

“I see. Well what are we waiting for? Let’s get those fruits out and eat!”

Everyone is glad to have the atmosphere in the room more lively and soothing. Yuri passes out several grapes and watermelon to Taecyeon and Taeyeon, Sooyoung offers Yoona and Wooyoung some apples and oranges while Seulong takes up the duty to serve Mr. Im himself.

The rest gather around the table to chat to themselves.

“I believe the transplant went well Miss Im?” asks Sooyoung.

Yoona nods. “It was actually fast and dad recovered well.”

Wooyoung’s phone is vibrating in his pocket which he answers after leaving the room. “Hello?”

“Im Wooyoung?”

“Yes?”

“The suspect has been captured. He’s under interrogation right now sir.”

“Hold on. I want to meet him.”

“Very well sir.”

He pushes the doors open hastily grabbing his coat with him. Everyone pause on what they’re doing to look at him puzzled.

“What’s wrong son?”

Wooyoung digs for his car keys in his pocket, his eyes glancing around the room. He realizes his mind forgets a part to remind his whereabouts.

“Sorry guys, the officers reported that they found the suspect. I’m just heading to the police station. I’ll be back.”

Taeyeon captures Wooyoung’s arm in time. “I want to go with you,” she pleads. “Please?”

Uttering a sigh, Wooyoung wet his lips and join

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter