X

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona poses elegantly in front of the flashing cameras.

“Yoona-ssi look over here!”

“Look here Miss Im!”

There goes the rambling of photographers who fascinate over Yoona’s beauty.

She is absolutely gorgeous for the fashion show, which is the 46th Annual Fall Collections that showcases fashion designers’ upcoming line of clothing. This is where the latest fashion trends are made. Many fashionistas, fashion magazine editors, designers attend these kind of events as it is when they have a chance to see new and different kinds of clothing each season. So as we are saying, Yoona is wearing a beige,spaghetti strapped cami maxi dress, flaunting her exposed back and flawless shoulders and a pair of light brown platform pumps. After a few shots from the cameras, she bows and makes her way inside the theatre.

Taking a seat at the first row just beside the runway stage, Yoona glances around the area sharply. There is always tension in between the designers whenever they gather in one place and no one ever has good terms with anyone. They may be smiling on the outside, greeting one another politely and talk like they are close but on the inside, their intentions are not as nice as they seem to be. Despise, prejudice and envy make up most of their feelings about each other. You wonder Yoona is distant most of the time, and this is the reason why. Most of the designers pay respect to her, but at the same time, they loathe her during the process. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.

“Yoona!”

Her attention falls onto a young lady wearing a bright red bombshell halter dress. Yoona stands up with a smile on her face, giving the woman a hug.

“Sunye, gosh it’s been such a long time!” she ends the hug, praising her friend.

“I know, we should go for dinner one time,” Sunye says, turning around to grab a man’s arm behind her. “Yoona, you know James right?” she mentions the tall, tanned man beside her.

Yoona nods her head, shaking hands with the man. “Oh yes James, how’s the married life so far?”

“It’s wonderful,” Sunye states dreamily. “You should get a man soon too dear,” she teases.

“I’ll pass.”

Yoona and Sunye sit beside each other as they catch up onto what is happening currently in their lives. The event begins as the lights dim and only the runway illuminates in the room. Models catwalk one by one, showing the audience the dresses from different designers. It is Yoona’s turn to showcase her models, and everyone stops and stare at her works of art. A round of applause echoes in the room as each model takes their turn to pose up front. A satisfying smile appears on Yoona’s face, proud of her own craftsmanship of every single piece shown. It makes her feel empowering actually.

 

The show comes to an end, the designers, editors and invited guests have been going around socializing. A special lunch has been served for everyone, celebrating another successful showcase. Yoona sits at a reserved table just for her, chatting with Sunye and James.

“Yoona, James and I want to invite you for lunch next time so you can get a chance to meet our little girl. So are you free?”

“Of course, I’d love to meet your daughter!”

Sunye claps as she smiles, “Great! We will be going now, Hailey’s missing us,” she says giggling.

James helps his wife stand up, shaking hands with Yoona after. “It’s been great seeing you Miss Im,” he grins.

Yoona shakes hands with James happily, giving Sunye a light hug after. “I’ll be seeing you two soon then. Take care and call me!”

“We will Yoona!”

James and Sunye bid their farewell to Yoona as they leave the theatre. Yoona sits alone at her table, taking a few sips of champagne in between. Thinking it’s about time for her to go, she rises from her seat when she finishes her glass. With a firm grip onto her white leather carryall, she marches pass a few tables and before she can leave, a particular designer standing before her, forces her to stop immediately. The designer is wearing an indigo textured knit sheat dress and a pair of white pumps.  Yoona’s jaw clenches, her eyes fierce and strong.

“Im Yoona,” her rival mutters her name with a scoff. “Long time no see my friend,” she snickers.

It isn’t just her jaw that clenches but her grip onto her bag. The woman upon her is the least person she wants to see in this event, even hoping that she won’t see her today. But apparently not.

“Lee Yeonhee,” Yoona finally says the name of her rival, letting out a sigh after it. “I didn’t see you earlier.”

Yeonhee smiles, taking a few steps forward. Yoona wishes she stays at her spot because it rages her so.

“I was in the event, maybe you just didn’t see me.”

I don’t even want to see you. “Oh is it?” Yoona pretends not to know. “I think I was too absorbed in the showcase.”

“Yes, quite so,” Yeonhee mutters. “I’ve seen your outfits, they’re beholding.”

Yoona’s expression remains placid. “Thank you,” she replies without any emotions in her voice.

If Yoona must give Yeonhee an award, she’d precisely get the best actress award. Everything coming out of Yeonhee’s mouth are mostly lies. She has zero percentage of trust in Yeonhee. A compliment or not, Yoona doesn’t take it ever. And you may ask why is Yoona’s attitude toward Yeonhee like this, well because of several reasons. Well, the first time they met each other, they started off as good friends when they were young. Yoona considered Yeonhee as her bestfriend when they were kids. Their families were close to each other, and that explained why they became

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter