XIII

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Listen up,” Yoona pauses, putting her clipboard on the desk.

The trainees brace themselves from what she is about to say. Whenever Im Yoona says something, you just can’t feel at ease since her words are what their lives depend on. Praises or criticism, she is pretty serious.

“You’re at the second stage and that means a few of you will get cut off at this level,” the trainees shut their eyes, praying none of them will get cut off. “Based on your talents in the previous project, I will assign each of you an apparel of my choice. Ten of you will be eliminated at this round. Questions?”

Yoona considers their silence as an answer. “Alright, I’ll be going around to hand out your personal project.”

She walks around her desk, distributing twenty pictures in total. The trainees stare at their given clothing, some are satisfied, while some are panicking internally. Whether they like it or not, Yoona’s decision is final and they can’t approach her to ask for another apparel.

“Sulli, what did you get?” Taemin, her table partner peeks over her picture.

“A moto jacket,” she replies. “What about you?”

Taemin shakes his head. “It’s kinda hard, I got a hooded denim jacket!” he sighs.

“Wow that’s pretty hard.”

Taemin and Sulli turn around to the table behind them, asking two of their friends what they received. A guy named Key, and a girl named Luna. Both of them look hopeless as well.

Key scratches his head, adjusting his pair of wayfarer readers on the bridge of his nose. “This is difficult for me, I mean like a comic print cotton shirt? I’ll be lucky if I get it done within a week!” he whines quietly, making sure he isn’t loud.

Luna agrees with him. “Miss Im not joking with us. Mine’s fine I guess. A v-neck cardigan,” she points at her picture.

Yoona observes the amusing scene before her. She smiles, thinking she was like that too when she was a rookie designer. But work’s work so she rid of those thoughts in a hurry. She folds her arms, her voice surprising her students. “Get to work!” she snaps.

The trainees run back to their tables immediately, listing out the measurements, the texture and its color. Yoona scoffs, leaving her students alone in her fashion studio. Krystal skips to her side, listing out the errands Yoona has to do.

“Yoona-ssi, you have an interview with InStyle magazine at 1:00pm, a quick review on October’s issue and Innisfree’s still waiting for your answer, what shall it be?” Krystal asks, tilting her head to the side.

Yoona crosses her arms, tapping a finger on her chin. “Sure, I’ll take up their offer,” she says nodding.

“And you have an invitation for tomorrow night’s fashion festival.”

Krystal hands the invitation to Yoona carefully. She takes it in her hands, reading the message on the card.

“My sister wants to tell you that she’s going to this event. She’s hoping if you can come,” Krystal reminds.

Yoona closes the invitation, smiling warmly at her assistant. “I’ll come, now that Jessica’s coming I’ll definitely go.”

“Great! I’ll be telling her that Yoona-ssi.”

 

Taecyeon rests at the couch, joining Nichkhun who is busy texting with his phone. It’s a slow day since there aren’t much photos being taken. Jokwon is busy taking shots of the ladies with their outfits. Not just for the magazine, but for the photos online as well in Younique’s website. New arrivals have to be done as soon as possible, that is why it’s busy for the ladies, not the gentlemen.

“What are you doing?” Taecyeon sits up, facing Nichkhun.

Nichkhun grins, switching from Taecyeon and back to his phone. “I’m texting my girlfriend,” he replies.

Taecyeon rolls his eyes, “Quit smiling you’re giving me chills.”

“You get a girlfriend then,” Nichkhun retorts, snickering at Taecyeon. “And you’ll know why I’m smiling like this.”

“There are better things to do,” Taecyeon yawns nonchalantly, rubbing his abdomen at the same time.

Nichkhun turns his phone off, shoving the pillow away from his lap. “Taec, are you free tomorrow night?”

“Tomorrow night?”

“Yes.”

“Yeah, I’m free. Why?”

Nichkhun chuckles, pulling out an invitation from his pocket. “Well then go with me to this party bro,” he shows him the card.

Taecyeon’s eyes scrutinize on the words written on the card. “What’s this?”

“It’s a fashion festival, and my girlfriend is attending so I got an invitation from her. It’s good for two people and accompany me man,” Nichkhun urges.

“Is your girlfriend coming?”

“Yes, she is. Thought I’d introduce her to you.”

Taecyeon tosses the card back to Nichkhun. “Khun, being a third wheel isn’t my thing,” he groans.

Nichkhun shakes his head. “Taec, her friends will accompany her. I’m gonna be the lonely one so you better come with me.”

“Really?”

“Come on, it’s gonna be fun Taec. Besides, you look like you can use a drink,” he smirks.

Taecyeon narrows his eyes, “Okay, fine I’ll go,” he says, giving up.

“Cool! You got a suit or something?”

“No.”

“Okay we’re gonna go shopping dude, let’s go!”

Nichkhun marches up to his red Porsche in the parking lot. Taecyeon whistles at the sight of the flawless vehicle.

“This is nice Khun,” Taecyeon pats the hood of the car gently. “She’s beautiful alright.”

“Thanks Taec,” Nichkhun laughs, sliding into his car seat. “Off to the President’s outlet,” he hums.

 

“Welcome Nichkhun-ssi and Taecyeon-ssi to Younique, may I help you?” says a young female employee by the entrance.

Once you’re a model of Younique, every employee knows your identity right away. Taecyeon feels like some celebrity whenever someone recognizes him that fast. Oh, the sweet fame.

“Yes, I need you to find a suitable tux for my buddy Taec right here,” Nichkhun orders politely. “A tux for a party, please.”

“This way Nichkhun-ssi,” the female leads them to the men section at the second level of the store. A variety of tuxedos are on display in neat rows and columns.

“Get him a blouse, a vest and a bowtie,” Nichkhun instructs. “Oh and a pair of black oxfords,” he adds, chuckling.

She nods, bowing taking off to find the respective clothes. Taecyeon and Nichkhun stands by at two black bean bags at a corner. The woman comes back with the items Nichkhun asked for. Taecyeon tries them out one by one, a few disapprovals from Nichkhun’s perspective. A while more until Nichkun stops and focuses at Taecyeon closely.

“Taec, I think this is it man,” he snaps his fingers, nodding his head at his outfit.

Taecyeon observes himself in front of the mirror. He is wearing a white cotton blouse under

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter