XXXVII

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days are nearing to Seoul Fashion Week and of course, Yoona is still not permitted to enter the competition due to her unprofessional behavior. But they have it all wrong and that’s what is making Yoona upset and conflicted to no end.

However, she still has to try. Seoul Fashion Week is an important event to her, she’ll do anything to showcase her own designs there. All of her efforts mean too much and she won’t let them go to waste. There’s nothing else she can do but to fight for herself of what her talents are capable of.

So she’s back in business.

Yoona is looking after the company well despite of the remaining criticism some people has against Younique. Her enthusiasm is motivating the employees in a positive light which is beginning to get noticed. Reporters are reaching out in a situation where they are doubting Im Yoona’s plagiarism. Even designers are questioning each other if she really did copy off from Lee Yeonhee’s design.

There she is, working in her studio with determination. She is starting a new design from scratch, for the fashion week. Measuring the cloth on the table, she snatches the pencil behind her ear and traces a line over the shapes and curves.

“Hey,” she looks up from her position to see Taecyeon standing by the doorway.

“Hey,” she shows a grin before resuming her work. “What are you doing here?”

He strolls inside the room, pausing by the edge of the table. “Got a break from the photoshoot and I wanted to visit you.”

She scoffs. “Flattering.”

“No really! I wanted to see this process of yours,” he snickers.

“Okay,” she nods. “Can you pass me the scissors?”

His hand clamps on the pair of scissors. “What’s the magic word?” he teases.

She rolls her eyes. “Please?”

Taecyeon laughs again, passing the scissors as he stands beside her. He observes all her actions, thinks silently in his mind. She appears very serious when she is designing and he finds it a fascinating side of her. The fact that she has a fighting spirit in herself amazes him greatly. She really is one of a kind.

“So you’re gonna let it all out at the event huh? Im Yoona making a fantastic comeback,” he smiles.

“Something like that.”

“It must’ve been really hard for you Yoona,” he clears his throat. “And I just want you to know that whatever decision you make, I’ll be supporting you. You’re an amazing woman and it’s good seeing you moving forward rather than giving up.”

Yoona places the scissors away, turning around to face Taecyeon. “Thank you Taec,” she mumbles. “I’m just hoping it’s gonna be alright in the end.”

“It will,” he convinces. “Did you talk to Yeonhee yet?”

Her smile fades slowly. “No, I haven’t.”

“You have to talk to her Yoona.”

“I know,” her brows furrow. “I’m just finding for the right time.”

“Right time?”

“Yeah, she probably doesn’t want to see me now nor am I thrilled to meet her.”

“Are you sure?”

She shows a smile. “Don’t worry too much about me Taec. I’ll be fine,” she retrieves the scissors back into her hand to cut the cloth she traced on.

Taecyeon rests his hand on her shoulder and plants a sweet kiss on top of her head. Yoona stands still, closing her eyes at his movements. He offers his cute bear hug again, which she accepts gratefully.

“I’ll see you later then,” he whispers in her ear, feeling her nod against his chest.

They pull away, leaving Yoona pouting at Taecyeon. “Work hard Miss Im,” he winks as he vanishes from her sight.

 

Jonghyun secures his tie in place around the collar, staring at his reflection in the mirror. He asks himself if he is ready for this. To clear the misunderstandings and to face his own consequences. Right at that moment, all he thinks about is getting back his friendship with Yoona. He wants it desperately because he can’t stand hearing the harsh criticism that has made an impact on her. Now that he no longer fears his father, he has the confidence to make things right again.

“I have booked for an appointment under Lee Jonghyun’s name,” he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter