XVIII

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Falling her head back onto the puffed up pillows, her hand flies to her forehead and pictures the scene at the party all over again. She can’t believe it. After several illusions of him, she has finally felt the feeling of his lips on her own. The feeling is exhilarating, like finishing a wild roller coaster ride. Pumped up, and adrenaline frenzy! Giggling quietly in her room, she touches her lips again to feel the tingling contact on its smooth surface.

“This is so surreal,” she says to herself.

She is up and ready for another thirst-quenching kiss from Taecyeon’s lips again!

Backtracking to the party, she reviewed what happened for the rest of the night. Well it was kind of awkward too, after sharing an unexpected kiss from Taecyeon. They backed their heads away, shyly looking down at the floor. Everyone around them cheered them on, teasing for another heated lip-locking moment. She smiled when Taecyeon gazed at her warmly, his eyes reflecting innocence. That was to let her know the assurance between them. Yes, there’s her possibility with Taecyeon!

It’s official, their unexpected kiss is her first kiss. A pleasing honor to know, that her first kiss goes to her very first crush. Erasing her thoughts away, she drifts off to sleep with a contented smile on her face, wishing to see Taecyeon in her dreams.

 

Taecyeon lifts his head up, sitting in on the floor as his arms encircle around his crossed knees. He smiles, shaking his head at the thought of the party just now. He must admit, he has been wanting to kiss Yoona once in a while, and so he has that achieved for the day. It’s also his first kiss, happy to know it’s with Yoona. 

He questions himself, what relationship are they having right now? What is going to happen when they see each other again at work? Should he ask her? Should he go to her and talk it out? Are they still friends? Or just back to employer-employee kind of thing?

His feelings for Yoona is still a mystery he is currently solving, but what happened between them earlier allows him to figure out some answers to his questions. He is beginning to conclude that he is liking her. He likes her. But suddenly, it becomes so much of a blur to him it’s kind of vague to say that he likes her. Because there’s one thing bothering him in the back of his mind and that’s Yeonhee.

When he met her again for the photoshoot, a part of him grows fond of her. Like a type of infatuation building within him. He takes not of the time where she placed a kiss on his cheek too, it was a cute contact made towards him.

“Oh no,” he mutters.

He knows this isn’t going too well since he finds a situation where he is torn between two people. And he is the one to make the choice. Not Yeonhee, not Yoona but himself. He can feel this coming and he has to decide fast. Well, not too quick or he may be making a wrong decision.

Come on, Yeonhee’s really pretty and I can tell she likes you. His mind tempts him.

No, you know it well yourself that you like Yoona. His heart retorts.

Wait Taecyeon have a little fun first, take it easy. His mind speaks back.

Be careful Taecyeon. His heart warns.

Without much trouble, he lies back down on his pillow letting sleep take over.

“Taecyeon,” he turns around to the voice.

Taecyeon swallows hard as he is in the pool house lying on a pool chair, and Yoona is in her swimwear revealing her smooth curves. Electricity runs through his veins when her hand pulls him closer to her. She looks so y and beautiful at the same time, it’s making him lose his sanity. He wet his dry lips, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Yoona leans forward to whisper in his ear, “Let’s go for a dip,” she bites her lower lip, winking at him.

“Oh, okay,” he croaks, clearing his throat. His limbs grow weak at her teasing touch, letting her drag him toward the water. Her eyes never leave his, she lift her arms around his neck and wrap her legs around his waist. Taecyeon responds to her body when heat radiates around his system. He closes the gap in between them, kissing her tenderly.

“Taecyeon,” another voice halts his action, he turns to the person standing at the edge of the pool. Yeonhee’s figure is waving at him, mentioning him to come over to her side. He smiles at her but it fades when he glances back at Yoona who flashes him a bitter smile, hiding her disappointment.

Stop it!

He jolts up into a seating position, his breaths coming out ragged. Was it a dream or a nightmare? Taecyeon reminds himself that he just has to deal with whatever it is that awaits him. A sigh escapes his lips, lying back down on the ground and closes his eyes.

 

“Good morning Yoona-ssi.”

Krystal bites her lip, supressing an obvious smile. Yoona takes off her sunglasses, joining Krystal in the elevator as she presses the floor button herself. She doesn’t know why but she feels unusually happy this morning. Maybe it’s because of the party. Duh.

“Good morning Krystal, how are you this morning?” her voice cheerful and light.

Covering half of her face with the clipboard, Krystal notices the glint in the eyes of her boss. “I’m fine thank you, how about you Yoona-ssi?”

A chuckle bubbles up her reply. “Fabulous as always,” she smiles as she steps out of the lift, marching directly to her office.

She’s such in a good mood. Krystal catches up with Yoona’s quick pace, then closing the doors of her office behind her.

“What is the schedule for today sweetheart?”

“Preparation for next month’s competition, trainee examination and you have a photoshoot for Innisfree tomorrow. No meetings, and that’s all Yoona-ssi.”

“Great! Thank you Krystal,” Yoona smiles politely at her assistant.

“No problem, Yoona-ssi.”

Krystal turns around, leaving Yoona’s office with a smirk on her face. Yes, her boss is totally head over heels in Taecyeon. Is that good? Well like what Seulong said before, it’s totally Dispatch worthy.

At lunch time, the teasings begin with the executives and rumors spread from ear to ear among the oblivious employees. Taecyeon sighs, taking his time to walk over to the table he normally sits at. But now his table is full, leaving one and only spot for him to sit on. He shakes his head when he notices Nichkhun pointing a finger at his seat.

“Look who’s here! The man finally shows up,” Seulong announces in a booming voice.

Yuri resumes with Seulong’s cue. “Guys, do you know who kissed last night?”

The group cheers audibly, almost everyone in the cafeteria stops to check what’s going on.

“The President meets the male model,” Sooyoung says dramatically.

“Taecyeon and Yoona sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” they chant in hush tones like children, giggling and teasing at Taecyeon to the core.

“Okay, you guys gotta stop,” Taecyeon warns in a friendly tone, stifling a groan.

Seulong who sits beside him on purpose wags a finger at Taecyeon. “No way, now that we hear the President is smiling non-stop we can’t let you off the hook Taec,” he smirks.

Yuri shows a thumbs up, “It’s like you’ve casted a spell on her or something. No one has ever seen her smile in the mornings, not even Krystal, right Stal?”

Krystal agrees without hesitation. “You bet, it’s my first time seeing her this happy.”

“Taec, ask Yoona out,” Sooyoung suggests, more like urging him so.

“You really should Taec,” Chansung says smiling, “Who knows? She might ease up a little, rid of that cold image. Remember how strict she was last meeting?”

Sooyoung and Yuri grimace at the same time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter