XXVII

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“They’re here!”

Sooyoung yells from her seat as she lifts her arm up high to wave at Taecyeon and Yoona who are strolling into the spacious backyard located behind Nichkhun’s two-storey house. Yoona walks over to the group of girls hanging around at the picnic tables while Taecyeon join the guys who are in charge of the food.

“Well someone’s being head over heels for a guy,” Jessica stands up to embrace Yoona in a friendly manner. “Congrats dear!”

An eye smile spread across Tiffany’s face, throwing a wink at Yoona. “You finally did it dear! Welcome to the dating club,” she chuckles.

Yoona laughs along with the girls, “Thanks for the warm welcome,” she says with a hint of sarcasm.

Donghae walks around the grill, hanging his arm around Taecyeon’s shoulder. “Look who’s here, it’s the President’s pet,” he says as a joke.

Taecyeon grabs a fork from the side, threatening to stab. “Watch it Donghae,” he smirks.

Donghae raise his arms in defeat. “You got me Taec,” he snickers.

Nichkhun lifts his head to see Taecyeon bickering with Seulong and Chansung. He shakes his head at the sight, flipping the strip of meat on the other side.

“Guys! Prepare the dishes please,” Nichkhun reminds in a motherly voice as he adds two pieces of steak on the flaming grill.

“Yes sir!”

The guys circle around the grill to transfer the grilled meat on the plates and one by one, they deliver it to the picnic tables where the girls are waiting. After everything has been set up and prepared, all of them sit accordingly, their eyes beholding the delicious sight of steaming food. Before they can dig in and stuff themsleves up, they pour themselves a glass of champagne as they pass the bottle in a clockwise motion.

“To Miss Im’s accomplishment in her upcoming competition, to Younique’s consecutive successes and last but not least, to Yoona and Taecyeon,” states Nichkhun professionally, raising his glass high up in the air.

“Cheers!” they shout in unison as their glasses clink together.

Yoona takes a small sip then putting it back down on the table. “Thank you Khun,” she says.

“No problem Miss Im! Now let’s eat!”

While Taecyeon is cutting the steak on his plate, he looks up to see Nichkhun positioning his fork in front of Tiffany’s mouth, feeding her delicately and Jessica wiping the corner of Donghae’s mouth. Seulong, Yuri, Sooyoung and Chansung are only focusing on their plates, Krystal and Minho are chatting quietly by themselves and Yonghwa and Seohyun are murmuring into each other’s ears. Taecyeon takes a sly peek at Yoona, luckily she is busy reaching her hand out for a stick of chicken kebab. Should he make a move or not? Seeing how affectionate others are, he feels out of place in the situation. Should I do something too? He clears his throat as his fork pokes through the cutlet of steak, slowly bringing it to .

Yoona stops chewing her food, staring at the meat that is holding out in front of her. She turns to the source of the arm, not expecting Taecyeon in her vision. She giggles, planting a kiss on his cheek before eating the meat from his fork. He blushes as his hand touches where her lips landed on.

“Can you guys be any more cuter?” Tiffany shows a beaming eye smile, clasping her hands when she watches the two interact.

Nichkhun changes his attention to Taecyeon. “You’re learning fast huh Taec?”

“Oh definitely Khun.”

Dinner’s done for all, they split out to different locations in the backyard. Nichkhun helps Tiffany and Jessica with the small campfire, to warm up the cool air a bit. Chansung, Sooyoung, Yonghwa and Seohyun are chatting by the picnic table, enjoying their glasses of champagne while the others are playing around in the pool.

“I’ll go get a couple of blankets,” Tiffany says, rushing into the house quickly.

Nichkhun scratches the match, lighting up the logs into flames. “There! All done!” he pats filth off his palms.

Tiffany returns in a bit, handing Yoona and Jessica blue fuzzy blankets. They sit in a cirle around the fire, letting relief cast upon their minds and bodies. Moments likes these are priceless. Looking up at the darkening sky, watching the campfire glow and feeling all cozy under the blanket. One of the best ways to relaxation, plus a fun bonding moment with friends. Priceless!

“Okay guys if you’re hungry just grab some biscuits, marshmallows and chocolate on the picnic table. I’ll be joining in the fun at the water,” Nichkhun waves off, skipping to the pool.

“Should we give them some privacy?” Tiffany whispers in Jessica’s ear.

Jessica nods, smiling. “Yeah, we probably should.”

“Where are you going girls?” asks Yoona.

“Oh honey, we want to watch them play pool volleyball again. Want to join us?”

“I see, no I’m fine thank you.”

Yoona purses her lips, noticing she is alone with Taecyeon. She rises from her seat to ask her a question.

“Hungry? We can make s’mores together,” she asks.

Taecyeon nods his head. They walk over to the picnic table to get their snacks and materials. After settling their ingredients on the plates, they sit beside each other and draw their seats closer to the fire.

“How do you do this?” he questions, staring blankly at the graham crackers in his hand.

Yoona chuckles, demonstrating how she does it. “First we have to heat up the marshmallows. So you poke it through the stick and engulf it in the flames. You have to keep a lookout so that it doesn’t get burned or anything.”

Taecyeon did what she explained and they wait patiently for the mallows to roast.

“This is funny, I’ve never done this before,” he grins, keeping his gaze at the fire.

“Nichkhun grew up in the states, so he’s kind of used to these traditions from north america,” she shares as a fact.

“Oh, interesting.”

“You know this has been a great experience to me so far,” Taecyeon starts off. “I want to thank you for all of these things Yoona.”

“Thank me? I didn’t do anything Taec,” she raises her eyebrow.

“You’re the one who took me in Younique and gave me a chance henceforth, making all of these happen,” he smirks.

“Well if you put it that way, you’re welcome,” she says with a smile.

“Did you…” he trails off, swallowing hard.

She tilts her head to the side. “What?”

“Did you ever regret hiring me?”

“Hm,” she taps her chin. “At one point yes,” she admits.

“When is that?”

“Regretting how I liked you when you weren’t even mine,” she mumbles but he can still understand what she’s saying. “It made me feel really upset,” she laughs nervously.

His lips form a pout. “I’m sorry,” he sighs.

She shrugs. “Nah, it’s alright now.”

Their marshmallows are done, roasted just adequately. Taecyeon observes Yoona from the side, copying her actions. He stacks a piece of chocolate on one of the crackers then enclosed the marshmallow, pulling it off the stick.

“This is good,” he manages to speak through his stuffed mouth.

“Agreed,” she giggles. “Taec, look here!”

Taecyeon lifts his head, noticing Yoona holding up her phone to take a picture. He flashes a wide toothy grin automatically, his  head leaning close to the side of her face. When Yoona reviews the picture, she laughs hilariously at Taecyeon’s front teeth smudged with chocolate. He laughs along with her, insisting to take another photo again. They pose naturally with all smiles then as she takes another one, he surprised her with a kiss in her cheek.

“This will be my wallpaper on the lock screen,” she says, her eyes adoring the beautiful shot.

Taecyeon feels his heart beating in joy just by staring at her contagious smile shining on her face. He bites his lip and decides to again.

He taps her shoulder. “Look there!” he points at the opposite direction. Yoona turns her head to the side, her brows creasing when she sees nothing. She turns around, about to tell him something until she feels his lips caressing her own. Her eyes flutter shut as her arms travel their way around his neck.

“Yeah!” they hear the loud cheers coming from the pool. They pull back instantly, their eyes switiching to that direction.

“Taecyeon and Yoona sitting in a tree,” they dance around the water in harmony. “K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” they chant it again like young children singing a song.

It is certainly one hell of an evening for the gang, only filling themselves with fun and laughter. Some of them decide to stay over at Nichkhun’s house since it is getting pretty late. All of them Taecyeon and Yoona to the front gate.

“Okay we gotta go,” Yoona hugs Tiffany and Jessica one last time before walking over to her car. “Have fun staying in the house guys!” she says, waving at them.

“And you have fun with Taecyeon!” Jessica throws a wink.

“Very funny Jess,” Yoona rolls her eyes.

“No we’re not honey!”

“See you Khun, thanks for the party again bro,” Taecyeon says, patting Nichkhun’s back.

“Off to her bedroom already?” Nichkhun whispers, which made Taecyeon punch his abdomen lightly.

The couple slide into the backseat again, both securing their seatbelts on. Pierre navigates the car out of the driveway and back to the road.

“Where to Miss Im?”

“Taecyeon’s place, please.”

 

Taecyeon closes the car door behind him, smiling when Yoona is heading straight to his front door. He marches up to the door only to greet his sister Taeyeon.

“Yoona-ssi!” Taeyeon bows before Yoona in respect. “Oppa, you’re here!”

“Call me Yoona, Taeyeon unnie,” mentions Yoona with a loving smile. She can get used to this, knowing that Taeyeon is actually older than her.

Taeyeon covers , pointing at Yoona then back to Taecyeon. “Taecyeon oppa! You’re with Yoona?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter