IV

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taecyeon-ssi!”          

Taecyeon turns around to see who calls him. He stands at the reception desk, talking to the receptionist for directions.

“Sir, she’s looking for you,” Taecyeon catch a glimpse of the receptionist’s name tag; Kim Hyoyeon. “Follow her and you’ll be able to go to Miss Im’s office,” Hyoyeon gestures toward the lifts’ area where Krystal is waiting.

Taecyeon bows before turning around to see Krystal standing next to an open elevator. She taps her finger on her shoulder, mentioning for him to get on. Taecyeon skips to the lift briskly, before it closes.

“Yoona-ssi’s not in yet. You’re lucky you’re early,” Krystal mentions, glancing at her watch.

Taecyeon smiles inwardly. “I hope I’m well-prepared.”

Krystal let her eyes oberserve Taecyeon for a minute. She snickers at the fact that Taecyeon is wearing a  wrinkled business suit which probably hasn’t been used for quite some time. Then she notices a pair of black leathered shoes with a few scratches on it. He looks slightly…odd. She clears , supressing a giggle.

“Hello?” Krystal answers her phone. “She’s here? Got it,” she puts down her arm, looking up at the level indicator.

“Is there something wrong?” Taecyeon asks.

Krystal smiles at him. “Yoona-ssi is at the lobby. She’s coming up so we better head to her office before she does.”

The elevator reaches the top floor. Krystal walks out, following by Taecyeon right behind her. Stepping into her office once again, Taecyeon tugs onto his loose tie. He feels nervous all of a sudden, like the way he felt the last time he visited this room. But since Krystal is accompanying him this time, he eases himself a little.

“Good morning.”

Taecyeon can’t help but to stop and stare at Yoona for a moment. Her long brown hair with curly tips at the end, her maroon sleeveless dress that seem to hug her slender figure perfectly and those round, innocent doe eyes which he can find himself drowning in. She is absolutely, by far the most beautiful and stunning woman he has ever seen in his entire life. Taecyeon treats it as a fact rather than an opinion.

“Taecyeon-ssi…” he emerges from his fantasy, turning to Krystal who pokes his arm.

“Yes, good morning Miss Im,” Taecyeon bows right away without even thinking.

Yoona scoffs, eyeing him from head to toe. She narrows her eyes at the clothes he is wearing, finding it ridiculously formal. Not to mention, his hair appears greasy, thick and bushy. He has to get a proper wardrobe and haircut for sure. “Nice outfit Mr. Ok,” she smiles in amusement.

Krystal fails to hold back her giggle, covering her face with the clipboard she is holding. Taecyeon looks down at his clothes, blushing at Yoona’s comment. Yoona sighs, shaking her head.

“This won’t do,” she says. “Come on, we have to fix you up.”

“What does she mean?” Taecyeon whispers to Krystal when Yoona marches out of her office.

“She means you’re getting a make over,” she replies.

“Make over?”

Krystal nods. “Apparently, the outfit you’re wearing doesn’t seem to appeal her. Yoona-ssi has standards of her employees. Just saying Taecyeon-ssi.”

He scoffs. “Now I’m the problem. What does that girl exactly want?” he says, causing Krystal to giggle again.

“Okay, since you’ll be working here for quite some time,” Krystal says, standing in front of him. Taecyeon just stares at her. “I’m going to fill you out on some facts about the President of Younique,” she turns around, heading to the lift.

Taecyeon listens carefully to what Krystal is listing out. “Number one, never ever upset Yoona-ssi. I listed that first because she can be pretty mean if you’re not doing your job properly. She can fire you on the spot and trust me, I’ve seen a few. Make sure you meet her standards, which leads us to number two. Whatever Yoona-ssi says or orders, you have to follow them. She is the President and that obviously makes her a queen of the entire company. Number three, make sure you dress appropriately for work because you’re an employee of Younique so that means you’re representing the company. It’s a big deal to Yoona-ssi so take note of that.”

“But I don’t even know your term of appropriateness,” he sighs, rubbing his neck.

“Fashion wise, and style,” Krystal points out. “When you’re working in Younique, one has to have interest in fashion. It’s a crucial factor actually and I think Yoona-ssi will be taking care of that so, don’t worry.”

“Okay, whatever,” he shrugs, dragging his feet out of the lift. “Is there like a hundred rules on the list? If there is, you send me an essay instead,” he smirks out of sarcasm.

“No there isn’t, there are five actually. Number four, be prompt and thorough for work. I’m sure you can do that and lastly number five,” she glances at him.

Taecyeon takes a step back when Krystal leans closer to him. “Yeah?”

“Don’t fall in love with Yoona-ssi,” she smiles mischieviously.

He stares at her in disbelief. “What?” he asks, not understanding. Why the sudden question?

“Just kidding with you Taecyeon-ssi!” Krystal punches his arm teasingly. “You were quite caught-off guard there.”

He rolls his eyes at Krystal. Yes, Yoona is a beautiful woman but that doesn’t mean he is automatically into her. He can never imagine himself falling in love with Yoona, let alone, liking her. Krystal have just described things about Yoona that already made Taecyeon groan and sigh, in other words a major turn off. The woman has a house full of rules, where is the freedom? “Okay seriously what’s number five?” he asks in a serious tone.

“Don’t mention anything r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter