XXXIV

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona sits absentmindly in her seat, staring out the window as her thoughts flood her mind. How is she going to explain herself? To justify her innocence? How is she going to do it? She sighs, glancing at her hands on her lap. She is hoping her employees won’t be influenced by this misunderstanding. She is hoping all of them will hear her out without much prejudice beforehand. But she kind of doubts it.

“Are you alright Miss Im?” she wakes up from her daze, smiling faintly at Pierre.

“I’m fine, thank you.”

“It’ll be fine Miss Im.”

Yoona looks up to the rear view mirror, catching Pierre’s soft glance. She smiles. “I hope so.”

This is it. She braces herself for what is coming next as she takes slow steps toward the entrance of her building. However, she notices a large group of collective gathering in the lobby. It perplexes her even more once she stands in front of what seems to be all of her employees. She can pick out familiar faces who are grinning strangely at her. Chatterings die down, all of them falling into a calming silence.

“What’s going on?”

Yuri steps forward from the crowd, pretending to clear . “Miss Im,” she pauses for a while to stifle her smile. “All of us are gathered around here in relation to the competition that happened during the weekend. We know that it’s a complete misunderstanding and of course, there is no way for the great Im Yoona to copy off someone’s design when she herself make the best ones in Seoul. We just wanna say that you don’t have to worry about us. We’re supporting you always!”

Seulong claps his hands twice, loud enough to echo across the walls. “Respect for the President,” he says it like a command.

Yoona’s mouth parts slightly, gaping at the sight of her employees bowing exactly ninety degrees out of respect. Those negative thoughts she thought about earlier is long gone, she doesn’t have to worry any longer.

“Alright! Everyone please stand up straight again!” she says a little desperately, wanting to get rid of the awkward tension. “Thank you everyone for understanding. I was worried at the beginning but I guess I won’t be. I’ll find a way to fix this issue so in the meantime, the company is still running as usual.”

They obey her order, dispersing into different directions at once. Yoona walks up to the group who remains by their spots. She feels an arm around her shoulder recognizing it right away.

“You okay?” his whisper sends a shiver down her spine.

She lifts her head up to catch his orbs. “What’s with all this?”

“Taecyeon told us,” Seulong butts in from the side and scoffs. “Duh.”

Yuri and Sooyoung join in the conversation. “We were really worried Yoona,” they say in concern.

“So, what actually happened?”

Yoona sighs glancing around the lobby uneasily but lucky there are barely anyone paying attention to them. “It’s Majestine, Lee Yeonhee,” she mutters with caution.

None of them say no more as they know exactly what Yoona means. Competition between the two companies have been quite on the edge at times, it can lead to crucial risks such as affecting either one economically or otherwise.

“Anyway, let’s get going guys. We still have work to do while I sort this out.”

Everyone march toward the available elevator, except for Taecyeon when Yoona pulls him back by his arm. He  purses his lips, observing the strong gaze in her doe eyes. They take another lift that is present.

“So you did this?”

Taecyeon let out a sigh at the sight of her smiling. “Oh gee, I thought you were mad at me. You got me there for a second.”

She shakes her head. “How did you even manage to get their attention?”

“Well for starters I looked for Seulong…”

“Okay I think I get the idea,” she holds up a hand and chuckles.

“I didn’t want you to worry and I said I was going to help,” he taps her nose playfully.

She leans up to peck his cheek. “Then, thank you. I really appreciated it,” she says sincerely.

He flashes a toothy grin. “You’re welcome.”

Yoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter