VI

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona examines the blazer, scribbling a few things on the trainee’s feedback sheet attached onto the clipboard. She feels the piece of clothing between her fingers. Color, navy blue. Texture, leather. Style, fair. The way she judges on style are in three categories. Poor, Fair and Good. So it’s either you did an excellent, horrible or sufficient job based on her perception. Also there are three stages during trainee sessions. First stage, Yoona will observe the trainee designers and comment on their very first piece. No one gets cut off in the first stage. Second, Yoona will assign a trainee an apparel of her choice. The cut offs begin in the second stage. Third, Yoona will post the trainee’s final project and judge on their final outcome. In this stage, it is when Yoona will choose the new designers working for her company.

Now, the trainees are still at the first stage.

“That’s the last one I guess,” Yoona says, finishing off what she is writing. She marches up front, glancing at twenty faces who are holding their breaths. “I have your feedback sheets in my hands and, based on my observations,” she taps her chin with the pencil she is holding. “All of you did well.”

Noticeable smiles and grins can be seen from the trainees’ faces. A praise from the almighty Miss Im is what they want the most to hear.

“Two of you managed to impress me during my examinations. And they are Taemin and Sulli,” Yoona smiles at two of her students who are bowing. “Both of you are on the right track. The rest of you as well, and I will look forward to meeting you again next week. Krystal will be handing out your profiles back to you and then you may go. Remember in Younique, it’s?”

“All about you,” the trainees answer in unison.

Yoona nods. “And don’t you forget it.”

Krystal receives the stack of papers from Yoona’s hand and before she proceeds to hand them out, she whispers in her ear, “Meet me in the photography studio when you’re done,” Krystal nods, seeing her boss walk away.

 

Taecyeon wipes away the sweat forming on his forehead with the back of his hand. He is next in line for the photoshoot, waiting anxiously in the dressing room. The make-up artist, Victoria, is done putting on his lipbalm but he is already freaking out. He stands at a sudden knock on the door.

“You’re up man,” Donghae calls him out, smiling in the process. “Good luck,” he adds.

Taecyeon steps out of the room, letting out a sigh when he sees Jokwon discussing a few pictures with Nichkhun at the site where the computers are located. Awkwardly standing on the sheet of white paper on the floor with a few light stands shining brightly by the side, he swallows the lump in his throat when he spots a few girls at the back, giggling at him.

Jokwon raises his head, glancing at Taecyeon in front of him. “Just give me a minute dear!” he shouts from where he is sitting. 

Yoona walks in the studio, only to find Taecyeon preparing for his photoshoot. But she recognizes Jokwon talking with Nichkhun at the computers. “Jokwon? What are you doing?” she asks, crossing her arms.

“Give me a sec honey, I’m still reviewing Nichkhun’s pictures,” Jokwon reminds Yoona politely.

Taecyeon purses his lips, noticing Yoona approaching him. “Hello Miss Im,” he says, bowing.

Yoona nods with her head. “How is it so far?”

“Still quite new.”

“I’m sure you’ll fit in nicely,” she takes a step forward, leaning closer to his body.

Taecyeon creases his brows together, his ears turning red when his gaze fall onto Yoona’s pair of hands, reaching out to pull his tie from his collar. What is she doing?

“Stand still, I’m just fixing your crumpled tie here,” she says in a whisper.

Although she has a calm posture, Yoona’s heart is racing on the inside. The way her hands work on his tie is something she finds exciting and unusual at the same time. Not knowing the reason why, she tries to ignore the butterflies in her stomach and focus on the tie she is fixing.

Afraid to look at her, Taecyeon looks away as he calms the rapid beating of his heart. He finds their current position an awkward view to look at. Her leaning close to his body, the way her fingers work on his tie elegantly, it’s also impossible to not stare at Yoona either. Her actions are kind of admirable.

“There,” Yoona steps back after pulling his tie up, brushing away some filth on his shoulders. They stare at each other for a few seconds until Jokwon’s voice breaks their interaction. “Just follow what Jokwon says and you’ll be fine,” Yoona says before standing at the side.

“What?” Yoona asks, sensing Taecyeon’s insecurity.

“Must there be people looking at me?” he asks, looking around uncomfortably.

Yoona snaps her fingers. “Everyone please leave us alone for a moment,” her voice is loud and clear, enough for the people in the room to assume it is an order.

A few ladies at the corner shuffle their feet out of the studio, only leaving Yoona, Taecyeon and Jokwon insid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter