XL

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taecyeon rests leisurely on the armchair provided at the set in the studio while the rest of the crew works on the equipments, cameras, backgrounds and wardrobe for the respective models. He scrolls through his phone, checking random updates about what has been happening recently. As he stands he makes his way toward Jokwon who is choosing different types of films from a stack.

“Hey Kwon, how much time do we have?” he asks, hopeful he still has sufficient time to run last minute errands.

Jokwon shifts his eyes from his camera to Taecyeon. “Exactly an hour. We’re just fixing this place up for your pictorial heartthrob.”

“Nice, I have time then,” he mutters. “Okay I’ll be back!”

“Don’t be late mister!”

A year passed, things have changed drastically over a period of time. Taecyeon earns his job as an official model for a couple of magazines he has signed a contract with. Brand endorsements that is. His face has been gaining recognition from the public, so whenever he is out at the streets a couple of ladies approach him for photo and an autograph. Yes, he is kind of a popular guy himself though he’s not quite getting into the celebrity title since he still wants to be typical citizen in town. And he knows he could not have done it without the never-ending support from his family and friends. Especially, Yoona. Also, due to the contracts he has been in and out of the building frequently, but he will always remain as a male model in Younique.

Taecyeon hops out of his car after parking it by the sidewalk. He skips right into the floral shop with a pleasing grin on his face.

“Thank you! Please come again,” says the pretty young lady at the counter. The couple leaves the shop shortly, gasping at the male’s presence by the glass door. Taecyeon puts a finger on his lips telling them to keep it low. They nod, silently passing through him without looking back.

Taeyeon is spraying the flowers at the side until she notices another person holding onto another watering can. She is about to stop the person, but a cup of coffee sticks right into her face.

“Here’s the vanilla latte you’ve been bugging me about.”

Her lips curl into a smile. “Oppa!” she chuckles. “Thanks for this,” she grabs the cup from him.

“You’re welcome! Now, repay me,” he snickers.

She scoffs then pulling out a bouquet from the fridge. “Special request from Ok Taecyeon,” she muses.

He raises his hand. “That would be me,” he responds.

“Here you go sir!” she plays along with him. “Anyway, I’ll be joining in later with Wooyoung.”

Seunghun did help Taeyeon’s floral boutique through his fancy advertisements with the help of his employees who have expanded her supplies and retail items. More and more customers head to her boutique, Taeyeon is one happy florist alright. Taecyeon's proud she has gotten a scholarship from Seoul National University, pursuing her studies in music under the fine arts. Plus she managed to partner up with Wooyoung, producing their own album together as a duo. As for their parents, Jisub and Jiwon are handling their very own restaurant well. The Ok family has never been more blessed than before.

“Great I’ll be seeing you later then at the pictorial,” he gives her a bear hug, pecking her forehead lightly. “Okay?”

Taeyeon nods her head. “Yes, oppa.”

 

Yoona is currently in a meeting with the executives, discussing about the new set of designs she has up her sleeves for Younique’s collections. Explaining several things on the screen she makes gestures with her hands about design, colors and styles. Sooyoung and Yuri are engaged in taking down notes as their boss speaks, Seulong and Chansung are analyzing the concepts, Yonghwa and Seohyun are listing out ideas on the given theme.

“So it will be light and reflective colors that relates to feminity. Elegant and uniquely passionate, the concept splendidly depicts the instinct and beauty of women. Clear?”

They hum in agreement. “Yes, Miss Im.”

Krystal appears in the room as silent as she can be. “Yoona-ssi, my apologies to interrupt but it will be fifteen minutes left until the pictorial starts.”

She snaps a finger. “Right! That left my mind a bit, um,” she pauses to think. “We’ll be done in five minutes just to wrap things up alright?”

“Got it, Yoona-ssi.”

They resume on what they are talking about a few minutes ago, clearly formulating her sentences in a dash. Over the year, our dear President has attended more fashion weeks overseas, meeting new partnerships with famous brands that are interested in her collections. She has been able to discover a variety of ideas and themes through experiences at places like Paris, England, Madrid, Berlin and New York. An opportunity to get to know other famous fashion designers rich in their distinct cultures. This expands her choices of designs, helping her to create unique pieces each season. Yoona is managing Younique much better thanks to her cooperative employees.

“That’s it for the day guys! I’ll expect reports by Thursday,” she states, gathering the magazines and sketchbooks in her arms.

“Have fun Miss Im!” they laugh, elated.

One may ask if Yoona’s still on good terms with Yeonhee. Surprisingly, she is. Actually both of them have been conversating well during fashion shows, even spending time for a cup of tea or a dinner along with Jonghyun. The Lee’s are doing fine as well, Jonghyun takes some time to get back into the company taking over his father’s position as CEO. Their father has been put on custody after unveiling his mistake toward Im Seunghun. Prices have been paid, lessons learnt.

Yoona walks briskly toward the elevators, pausing at a floor where the modeling studio is located at. She glides into the set, meeting a busy studio who is polishing the place close to perfection.

“Miss Im! I’m glad you’re here honey because we have to prepare and you have to change dear,” Jokwon rubs his hands together, propping up the camera.

She replies questioningly, “Where’s Taecyeon?”

“Oh heartthrob is out somewhere. He’ll be here soon I suppose.”

The whole pictorial everyone’s been busy taking care of is no other than Taecyeon and Yoona’s pre-wedding photos. Yes, they are engaged and this is how it happened a month ago.

 

“Okay everyone, places!”

Taecyeon alerted abruptly, who kept on a lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter