XXI

Runway Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wait, what?”

Yoona crosses her arms, creasing her brows at her brother. “You did what?”

Wooyoung scoops some vanilla ice cream into his spoon, darting it inside his mouth. As usual, it’s midnight and the Im siblings are having their midnight craves. They are chatting about what happened earlier, what they did during the day.

“I asked Taeyeon to be my girlfriend,” he says.

“And?”

“So she agreed! I even went to her house and met up with the Ok’s.”

Yoona stares blankly at him for a second. “Oh,” is all she replies. “You did?”

“I did,” he says, nodding his head. “They’re such a nice family and so welcoming. Now, I have a hyung!” he chuckles lightly.

“Yes they are…” she trails off until Taecyeon pops into her mind. “Hyung?”

“Yeah, Taecyeon is whom I’m referring to. I’ve always wanted an older brother.”

Yoona pouts, pretending to frown. “Are you saying you don’t want a little sister?” she teases.

“Of course not!” he shakes his head. “You’re the greatest sister I can ever have, and I don’t regret it little sis!”

She smiles, relieving through his words. “Good,” she says. “And congrats for finally getting a girlfriend.”

“Thanks, so,” breathing out a sigh, he scoops another spoonful of vanilla. “When are you gonna date?”

“Huh?”

“Oh come on Yoona, you’re one beautiful sister I have and you’re telling me that you’re not interested in someone?”

Blushing slightly, she looks away. “What are you talking about?” she asks incredulous.

“What I mean is, do you like someone right now?”

“No,” the lie rolling off her tongue easily.

“Uh, uh, no lying here!” he demands.

“Okay, I do like someone,” she admits in a soft mutter. “But no more questions beyond that, it’s none of your business right now Wooyoung.”

Snickering to himself, he taps onto his temple. “No worries, I think I know who it is. Not hard to tell,” he winks.

“Oh, whatever,” she groans, rolling her eyes.

 

Am I that obvious? Yoona spins the pencil between her fingers, having deep thoughts early in the morning at her office. Taecyeon can’t seem to get out of her head and it’s beginning to get on her nerves, knowing that is bothering her entirely. How can she focus on her drawing in peace? Is it when she confesses to him? Is it when Taecyeon likes her back? When he asks her to be his girlfriend? The topics are quite off the ballpark because they’re not even talking the past few days. But she has seen him disappearing here and there after work, infuriating her so because she knows he’s meeting up lately with Yeonhee, assuming she called him for a coffee date or something. No she didn’t stalk him, she just witnessed Yeonhee parking by the side of the road in front of her company, casually picking Taecyeon up.

“How annoying,” she hisses under her breath, throwing the pencil on her desk.

What should she do? Nothing? Wait for him? She’s probably going no where, realizing the fact that Taecyeon is meeting with her rival. Unless I confront him myself.

“No way!” she exclaims. I’m not gonna be the one seeming desperate.

The knocking on her door prevents her train of thoughts. With an audible command, she sees her assistant enter her office.

“Hello Yoona-ssi,” Krystal bows before her boss. “Am I interrupting something?”

“No,” Yoona forces a smile. “What is it sweetheart?”

“I want to hand you this,” Krystal picks up a card on her clipboard. “It’s the invitation to my birthday party.”

Yoona’s eyes turn brighter, reading the invitation in curiosity. “Right! I’ll definitely attend this special ocassion,” answering in enthusiasm. “Turning nineteen, oh how time flies.”

“Glad to hear that unnie,” Krystal covers her cheeks from turning red. “I’ll be going now, thank you.”

Pursing her lips uneasily, Yoona focuses her attention back to drawing on her sketchpad.

 

Nichkhun sets his tray beside Taecyeon, eyeing him fairly. He has uncertain thoughts about Taecyeon lately, and he’s beginning to wonder. Doesn’t he like Yoona? He hasn’t even done any moves, nor does an effort to get close with her but now that he’s been taking note of his whereabouts after work, it’s confusing him a whole lot more. He’s a little queer about how Taecyeon meets another woman, well specifically Lee Yeonhee because he has heard of her too, through Tiffany. And also the fact that Yuri, Krystal and Seulong have been talking about how Taecyeon and Yoona’s relationship is growing distant. Not good. Now, he wants to extend his curiosity by discussing the topic with him one on one.

“Hey Taec,” he starts off determined. “Can I ask you something?”

Taecyeon pokes the piece of fry from his plate, turning toward his buddy next to him. “Yeah?”

“It’s not that I’m nosy or anything but I’ve been seeing you hanging out with a lady since last week. Are you seeing her?”

“It’s true, I’ve been meeting up with a woman. But what do you mean about seeing her?”

“I mean, are you two dating?” Nichkhun processing his words carefully, awaiting for Taecyeon’s answer.

“You mean Yeonhee and I?”

“Yeah, her,” an indifference shows up in Nichkhun’s expression. “Are you two dating?”

“Oh no, we’re not. We’re just getting to know each other more, drinking coffee and chat,” Taecyeon says, shrugging his shoulders. “Why do you ask?”

“Curious,” Nichkhun states. “But…don’t you like Yoona?”

Taecyeon’s hand pauses, shooting a glance at Nichkhun in confusion. “Yoona? Yes…I do,” he mutters like he doesn’t want to reveal it to anyone. Wincing, Taecyeon wishes for Nichkhun to drop the subject.

“Then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter